24 Spoiler - Don't read it if you don't want to hear about next season

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: 24 Spoiler - Don't read it if you don't want to hear about next season

From TVguide.com:

Quote:
Ausiello: Spoke to exec producer Evan Katz at press tour, and the boss-man told me that somewhere between "18 months and two years" will have passed when Season 6 launches in January. He said the idea of picking up immediately where last season left off was "talked about, but it's always important to us for the characters to have traveled a certain amount of distance emotionally. You don't get a chance to do a lot of that during the course [of the season]. Also, the odds that two of the worst days [would occur] right next to each other stretches credulity a little bit." Meanwhile, the New York remote that I first told you about last month has been scrapped. A source close to the show informs me that the producers have rethought the first episode and have decided that they can get what they need in Los Angeles. Bummer. I was hoping we'd get to see Chloe try to hail cab during rush hour.

18 months to 2 years gives them a lot more to work with and a lot more directions they could go, so it makes sense. Though Jack busting his way off a boat in the middle of the Pacific had some appeal.

Also, it looks like things happen in LA again, so no China, no NY. Maybe this supports the theory that the Chinese have brainwashed or blackmailed Jack to run some ops for them.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

They can always do flashbacks ala Lost to cover Jack kicking the Chinese in the teeth

Too bad we have to wait 5 months
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

::drools::

Only five more months!!!!
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

hey what yall complaining about, in Brazil were still 2 episodes away from ending season 5.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
hey what yall complaining about, in Brazil were still 2 episodes away from ending season 5.

Snape killed dumbledore.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I think they will make Bauer a Chinese hitman or some sort of Chinese agent to take out US.

It was a cool ending. I didn't like the President story though - Thought it dragged on a bit too much. Also didn't like that Tony got killed off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think Jack will show up with a serious relationship with a Chinese woman of considerable influence? A Chinese Audrey? I can't wait, and I wonder how they will fill in between the two seasons.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Snape killed dumbledore.

actually..wasn't it malfoy??and he's not really dead!! when does that dang book come out anyways?

and Air...disregard all the stuff about Jack going to China..uh..we were..uh..kidding..

I really like what LOST is doing this year... they are splitting the series up into two parts...so something like 8 straight weeks of episodes..a minibreak...then finish off the season without any breaks in between...
its something like that...a really cool format..so you don't have to wait 'til january to enjoy the show...
BillyDee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:

This thread is great timing. The season 6 finale just aired here in Australia, as I just literally just finished watching it. Anyways, damn, what an ending. Although it kinda sucks that so many good characters got killed off, like David Palmer, Tony Almaida and Michelle Desler (she's hot) this season.

I just hope for the next season they don't go with something predictable like the Chinese officials kidnapping somone Jack cares about, like Audrey or his daughter, where he has to do something terrible on his own soil to save them.

Anyways, to go a little off topic, but that new Keifer Sutherland movie (the one with Eva Longoria in it as well) seems to have just taken the Jack Bauer character completely.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

They never have ONE story in a season. Also they never have one bad guy. There's ussually 2-3 seperate terrorist/anti-US groups working on an attack.

I expect no different this next season. Chinese will be one group among others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

Anyone think Jack may go crazy and take over the world?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

BillyDee wrote:
This thread is great timing. The season 6 finale just aired here in Australia, as I just literally just finished watching it. Anyways, damn, what an ending. Although it kinda sucks that so many good characters got killed off, like David Palmer, Tony Almaida and Michelle Desler (she's hot) this season.

I just hope for the next season they don't go with something predictable like the Chinese officials kidnapping somone Jack cares about, like Audrey or his daughter, where he has to do something terrible on his own soil to save them.

Anyways, to go a little off topic, but that new Keifer Sutherland movie (the one with Eva Longoria in it as well) seems to have just taken the Jack Bauer character completely.

I'd have to say that in The Sentinel, Keifer's character is almost opposite Jack Bauer. In The Sentinel...he plays an agent that does everything by the book. Jack Bauer on the other hand won't give breaking the law, deceiving the president (season 3), letting people die (Paul Raines, season 4), and torturing people (every season) in order to protect those whom he loves and/or save the US from terrorist attacks.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
BillyDee wrote:

I'd have to say that in The Sentinel, Keifer's character is almost opposite Jack Bauer. In The Sentinel...he plays an agent that does everything by the book. Jack Bauer on the other hand won't give breaking the law, deceiving the president (season 3), letting people die (Paul Raines, season 4), and torturing people (every season) in order to protect those whom he loves and/or save the US from terrorist attacks.

I totally agree. I went into the movie thinking that Kiefer was going to be playing Jack Bauer, that he couldn't get out of that role. But to my surprise, he was nothing like Jack.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

Here's another one:

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my 24 mole and he/she informs me that Eric Balfour has signed on to reprise his Season 1 role as independent CTU contractor Milo Pressman. My spy wouldn't say how Milo would be re-introduced, but he'll be sticking around for a while: Balfour will be credited as a series regular. Additionally, Carlo Rota (aka Mr. Chloe O'Brian) will be back as a series regular.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

Milo was a cool character in Season 1, sort of like a male version of Chloe. I figured they would bring back Chloe's ex from the finale, seemed like kind of a random appearance. Good stuff. Now if only they could somehow introduce the ghosts of Ryan Chapelle, Tony Almedia and the nuclear ravaged corpse of George Mason, all debating over rank, CTU would really be an entertaining place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: