Co-Founder Of In-N-Out Burgers Dies At 86
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Co-Founder Of In-N-Out Burgers Dies At 86

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kgtv/20060805/lo_kgtv/9634761

I'm now a vegetarian, but before I was, I used to love to eat In-N-Out! If I were ever to start eating meat again, this would be one of the first things on my menu. Growing up in Northern California in the '80's, I had never heard of In-N-Out until I went down to UCI and one of my dorm-mates took me there....I couldn't believe that burgers this good actually existed. Before that, all I ever had was the standard fare, like Wendy's, McDonald's, and Jack in the Box. Needless to say, I grew a big belly, that I am now working to get rid of!
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Whoa.

Moment of silence, people.
Best chain burgers in SoCal. I'll pay my respects this week by picking up a double no-cheese, animal-style with a side of fries, extra well.

RIP, ma'am.

MIM
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

RIP

she was my boss technically,sad she had to go.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

RIP.

I shall honor her memory by eating my usual:

4x4 animal style
fries
lemonade
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

RIP

3x3
grilled light onions
extra tomato
mustard instead of spread
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject:

It's like a quality fresh homemade burgers. They are very basic, but well executed.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:

RIP

no onions
w/ a neapolitan shake
+ extra side of special sauce
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject:

yes best burgers by far
i still try different burger joints i never been to for variety many... cost much more that a double double but dont taste anywhere near as good
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

Just to match format:

RIP

Double, no cheese, animal style.
Fries, double extra well.
Coke.

MIM
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

RIP

#2 protein style, grilled onions
animal style fries
coke
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

Didn't know, but I am glad I stopped there yesterday for lunch. Double meat with grilled onions.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I haven't been this depressed since Dave Thomas died about 4 or 5 years ago.

I will try to make a trek to an In-N-Out this week. I only go there maybe 2 or 3 times a year becuase the locations are like 15-20 drive from me and BK, Wendy's, Jack In the Box, Carl's and McD's are all within 2 miles from my house.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

i get to eat there everyday for free,well in exchange for work.good to see so many love it
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

The building in which I work is owned by In-N-Out -- it holds their corporate headquarters on the top two floors and half of my floor, and the University uses a lot of space there (it's across the street from UCI). So I know several people who work for In-N-Out. Everybody there is always upbeat and talks about what a good company it is to work for. That attitide comes from the corporate culture laid down by those at the top.

BTW, that family really has had some tragedy. The son who was running the company died in a plane crash coming in for a landing at John Wayne airport -- the plane hit the downdraft from a jet that had gone by just before and nose-dived about a mile from the runway. They also didn't follow the rule about not having all your top execs fly together, and lost 2-3 people at the very top of the company. There was a second brother who was drug addicted and I guess living on the streets for a while. He cleaned up enough to run the company, but later died of an overdose. After that the mom came out of retirement to take over the company again. She eventually stepped down, but later there was a lawsuit between the management and the one family member who was left (a granddaughter, I think).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
The building in which I work is owned by In-N-Out -- it holds their corporate headquarters on the top two floors and half of my floor, and the University uses a lot of space there (it's across the street from UCI). So I know several people who work for In-N-Out. Everybody there is always upbeat and talks about what a good company it is to work for. That attitide comes from the corporate culture laid down by those at the top.

BTW, that family really has had some tragedy. The son who was running the company died in a plane crash coming in for a landing at John Wayne airport -- the plane hit the downdraft from a jet that had gone by just before and nose-dived about a mile from the runway. They also didn't follow the rule about not having all your top execs fly together, and lost 2-3 people at the very top of the company. There was a second brother who was drug addicted and I guess living on the streets for a while. He cleaned up enough to run the company, but later died of an overdose. After that the mom came out of retirement to take over the company again. She eventually stepped down, but later there was a lawsuit between the management and the one family member who was left (a granddaughter, I think).

It really is ironic that they would have so much tragedy in the family, yet on the bottom of all of the cups on the inside lip of the base is a Bible verse. At least there was when I used to eat there.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

It really is ironic that they would have so much tragedy in the family, yet on the bottom of all of the cups on the inside lip of the base is a Bible verse. At least there was when I used to eat there.

Yea theyre still there.tragedy happens to believers and non-believes,nobodys special
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, what's the deal about Bible verses on the bottom of their cups? There was a local LA news story a few years ago I saw on the tube about this oddity.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Not trying to turn this into a religious topic to get locked,just pointing out whats on the cups and burger wraps mods

The soda cup bears the notation John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The milkshake cup lists Proverbs 3:5:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

The hamburger and cheeseburger wrappers point to Revelation 3:20:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

The wrap used for the "Double-Double" lists Nahum 1:7:

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

Quote:
In-N-Out Burger was founded by Harry and Esther Snyder in Baldwin Park, California, in 1948. Although this chain of west coast hamburger restaurants has since grown to more than 140 outlets, control still rests in the hands of the Snyder family. According to the company's web site: "In-N-Out remains privately owned and the Snyder family has no plans to take the company public or franchise any units." The Snyders are a religious family, and their continuing to control their own company means they can put what they want on their product packaging. They've chosen to include pointers to particular Bible verses that we presume hold special meaning for them.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I hear the heir is some 23 year old hottie.....

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

RIP.

Double double protein style with grilled onions.
Animal style fries.
Lemonade.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
RIP.

Double double protein style with grilled onions.
Animal style fries.
Lemonade.

Unfortunately I heard there is a legal fight ensuing for some of the interests of In N Out. One of the people that claims to be an heir wants to make In N Out a national franchise. Which would inevitably jack up prices and lower the quality of the food.

I pray that In N Out remains a family owned and operated class act.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

who will inherit the fortune?

all of her family died in plane crash
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
Not trying to turn this into a religious topic to get locked,just pointing out whats on the cups and burger wraps mods

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

Quote:
In-N-Out Burger was founded by Harry and Esther Snyder in Baldwin Park, California, in 1948. Although this chain of west coast hamburger restaurants has since grown to more than 140 outlets, control still rests in the hands of the Snyder family. According to the company's web site: "In-N-Out remains privately owned and the Snyder family has no plans to take the company public or franchise any units." The Snyders are a religious family, and their continuing to control their own company means they can put what they want on their product packaging. They've chosen to include pointers to particular Bible verses that we presume hold special meaning for them.

Precisely why I choose not to contribute to their bottom line...
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:

Quote:

Precisely why I choose not to contribute to their bottom line...

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Unfortunately I heard there is a legal fight ensuing for some of the interests of In N Out. One of the people that claims to be an heir wants to make In N Out a national franchise. Which would inevitably jack up prices and lower the quality of the food.

I pray that In N Out remains a family owned and operated class act.

That makes me sick to think about. I really hope if it's true that person is shot down in court.

My usual:
3x3
tomato and spread only
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: