Reggie Bush
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reggie Bush

Nice debut so far and looks like he'll move up the fantasy draft boards. He broke off a long run after reversing field just like in college. He looks like he can be as elusive Barry Sanders in the NFL but with better strength and speed.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Vintage Reggie. Nothing on the left side of the field, cuts it back right and burns 4 defenders for 44 yds. Cant wait to see that on SportsCenter tonite.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Now Bush is being compared to Barry Sanders... and all because of 1 run?

I'll believe it when I see it, but as of right now... Bush isn't even close to the same class as Sanders.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Please dont tell me I missed it. Was it on tv?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

They are showing some highlights on the NFL network I believe.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm not saying he's as good a Barry yet, but it was a something out of nothing play like Barry used to make. Just comparing the elusiveness. Bush already has the speed and strength. If he has the same field vision in the NFL that he had in college, he'll be great.

Bush also made a good impression on me with his blocking. It looks like he's not afraid to mix it up with the pass rusher.

Anyways Stecker just went down, Deuce is still coming off the ACL, and Bennett has already been traded away. If Stecker's injury is serious, Bush should be getting a lot of playing time early in the season.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it, but as of right now... Bush isn't even close to the same class as Sanders.

Its too early to make any comparisons in his NFL career, but he remains the most exciting college player Ive ever seen.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

He's going to be a great runner in the pros too.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

<------- Houston.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
JD wrote:

Its too early to make any comparisons in his NFL career, but he remains the most exciting college player Ive ever seen.

Then your college viewing days are very limited. I don't think you would make that claim, if you saw Sanders play in college. I hate Oklahoma State, but Barry Sanders on both the college level and the pro level, was leaps and bounds above what Bush was/is.

Some players (just from their college careers), that I've had the pleasure of watching, which Bush has yet to prove as exciting or as good:

(in no particular order)
Barry Sanders
Herschel Walker
Billy Sims
Marcus Allen (damn dude... sacrilege IMO, from a SC fan to put Bush in the same class)
Joe Washington (a little before my time, but I still got to see plenty of his games, after the fact)
Tony Dorsett
Ricky Williams (also one of the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen)
Bo Jackson (too bad his career was cut short by glass hips)
Emmitt Smith
Eric Dickerson

I would also put Adrian Peterson (as a RB), above Bush.

The best pro running backs I've seen, would have to go to Walter Payton and Sanders.

Also... Bush has yet to prove he's an every down back. When he does that, I'll move him up. Until then... he's a very talented (I would even go so far, as to say "great") multi-purpose player. But, as one of the greats at the RB position? No.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

All-Day > Bush.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

The game is played on the NFL network tomorrow @ 11 am ill watch a little of that.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
JD wrote:

All-Day > Bush.

You can think whatever you like, but most college football analysts would (and have) agree. As a RB, Peterson is better than Bush.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Then your college viewing days are very limited. I don't think you would make that claim, if you saw Sanders play in college. I hate Oklahoma State, but Barry Sanders on both the college level and the pro level, was leaps and bounds above what Bush was/is.

I meant in my lifetime. Barry Sanders remains the GOAT RB of all time IMO, but I wish he had played longer.

Of that list, I have to disagree on at least half of those guys. Herschel Walker, Barry Sanders, ED, Tony Dorsett, Bo Jackson, Earl Campbell are all up there, and in terms of Tailback U, Id put OJ ahead of Marcus Allen, with Reggie certainly in the picture w/ Charles White, Ricky Bell, Sam Cunningham, etc. In my lifetime of watching college football (about 12 years now), Reggie is the most explosive and dynamic player Ive ever seen. I watch videos all the time of old SC games, and its hard to compare because the game is different.

Quote:

This statement alone pretty much nullifies this entire post. Wake me up when AP actually accomplishes something.

Quote:
The best pro running backs I've seen, would have to go to Walter Payton and Sanders.

Throw in Jim Brown, OJ Simpson and Gale Sayers.

Quote:
Also... Bush has yet to prove he's an every down back. When he does that, I'll move him up. Until then... he's a very talented (I would even go so far, as to say "great") multi-purpose player. But, as one of the greats at the RB position? No.

This is because he shared touches with LenDale White, who happened to set the TD record at USC. Didnt people say the same nonsense about Marshall Faulk, I think that turned out well?

Look, I never said he was one of the G.O.A.T.s in the NFL, thats a ridiculous statement seeing as his career hasnt even started. But in my days of watching college football I am yet to see a player as exciting, and therefore he easily makes my list of greatest college RBs.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

And I am yet to see any college football analyst say Peterson is better than Bush. Id expect something like that from maybe Tom Lemming?
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Quote:

This statement alone pretty much nullifies this entire post. Wake me up when AP actually accomplishes something.

Nullifies the entire post? How do you figure? Because your nose is up Bush's butt?

What does Peterson have to accomplish? The Heisman? Please... :roll: You should know better. That's nothing more than a popularity vote. And if you wanna bring that up... how about being the ONLY freshman to ever be the runner-up and/or even receive serious consideration. How about 1925 yds in that freshman season?
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
And I am yet to see any college football analyst say Peterson is better than Bush. Id expect something like that from maybe Tom Lemming?

As a running back, there's been plenty. As an all-purpose player, probably none. Peterson isn't an all-purpose player. However, he IS an every down back. Something that Bush isn't.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

And heck... since you brought up LenDale White... he's actually a better RB than Bush also.

If your coach would have continued to run him all over texas... you would have had your 2nd NC. Instead... he tried to get cute with Bush, who texas had been stuffing, all game long.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

So JD I take it you are not a fan eh?
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Quote:

Nullifies the entire post? How do you figure? Because your nose is up Bush's butt?

What does Peterson have to accomplish? The Heisman? Please... :roll: You should know better. That's nothing more than a popularity vote. And if you wanna bring that up... how about being the ONLY freshman to ever be the runner-up and/or even receive serious consideration. How about 1925 yds in that freshman season?

If you want to compare accomplishments its not even close. Im talking more about performing in the clutch, consistency (not racking up 200 yds against Tulsa then negative yards 3 weeks in a row), and playing staying healthy an entire season. Hes a talented player no doubt but right now the comparison isnt there.

Quote:
As a running back, there's been plenty. As an all-purpose player, probably none. Peterson isn't an all-purpose player. However, he IS an every down back. Something that Bush isn't.

Once again, you never replied to my Marshall Faulk comment. Was he an every down back and is he a HOFer?

Quote:
And heck... since you brought up LenDale White... he's actually a better RB than Bush also.

JD, you have to be either a Domer, a Bruin, or an SEC guy because this is flat out RIDICULOUS. I really question how much if any you have seen of Reggie outside the National Championship game, because yes LenDale had a great game but Reggie put up impressive numbers as well despite Texas D gameplanning for him.

Quote:
If your coach would have continued to run him all over texas... you would have had your 2nd NC.

3rd NC actually...
And correct me if Im wrong, but was Reggie the one stopped on 4th and 2 or was that LenDale?
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
JD wrote:

All-Day > Bush.

You can think whatever you like, but most college football analysts would (and have) agree. As a RB, Peterson is better than Bush.

What? I was agreeing with you. I watch enough Big XII and college football to know what a special kind of talent Adrian Peterson is.

And this is coming from a Longhorn. He's too good for blind hate to get in the way.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
JD wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
JD wrote:

All-Day > Bush.

What? I was agreeing with you. I watch enough Big XII and college football to know what a special kind of talent Adrian Peterson is.

And this is coming from a Longhorn. He's too good for blind hate to get in the way.

Sorry, drz... I misread your post.

Yeah... hatred didn't blind me to the talent of Williams either. Wish the guy could have stayed off the ganja. He truly is a remarkable talent.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
So JD I take it you are not a fan eh?

I've stated Bush is very talented. I think he's an exciting player to watch. I think he'll have a good career.

Worthy of the nut slobbering SC fans give him? No.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
JD wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Quote:

If you want to compare accomplishments its not even close. Im talking more about performing in the clutch, consistency (not racking up 200 yds against Tulsa then negative yards 3 weeks in a row), and playing staying healthy an entire season. Hes a talented player no doubt but right now the comparison isnt there.

Quote:

Once again, you never replied to my Marshall Faulk comment. Was he an every down back and is he a HOFer?

Quote:

JD, you have to be either a Domer, a Bruin, or an SEC guy because this is flat out RIDICULOUS. I really question how much if any you have seen of Reggie outside the National Championship game, because yes LenDale had a great game but Reggie put up impressive numbers as well despite Texas D gameplanning for him.

Quote:
If your coach would have continued to run him all over texas... you would have had your 2nd NC.

3rd NC actually...
And correct me if Im wrong, but was Reggie the one stopped on 4th and 2 or was that LenDale?

Talk about accomplishments? What has Bush accomplished, that is so much greater? I Like how you bring up Tulsa, and then some negative yardage games afterwards? That's a flat-out lie.

BTW... you ever had a high ankle sprain? And you act like injuries are a big issue. He's played 2 years. He was injured last year.

So what about Marshal Faulk? Marshal was a RB that played all-purpose downs. Bush is an all-purpose back, that plays some RB downs. There's a difference. Most people hadn't any idea when Faulk came out that he could do so much.

And no... I'm not a Domer, Bruin or SEC guy. I'm an OU fan, that lives in California and seen plenty of SC games. LenDale White is a better RB than Reggie Bush.

And no... its wouldn't be 3 NC in a row. You can't belittle and dismiss the BCS 1 year... then claim it as your own the next. LSU, USC, texas. Those are the last 3 National Champions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: