Reggie Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent_Vega
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Can't imagine comparing Bush to Sanders. Both have great cutting abilities, but Sanders is in a class of his own in that area.

Yes, Lendale White is the better RB over Bush. It really shouldn't be a debate that lasts more than 2 minutes if you've watched them play.

If we're going to compare Bush to anyone, I'd start with Faulk because they're both excellent recievers out of the backfield and both have somewhat similar running styles. Bush is lighter, but faster and has better flexibility which allows for more open field moves.

Making comparisons of Bush solely to RBs to evaluate his college career makes for an incomplete evaluation. In 2004, he was one of the primary passing targets, lining up wide, in the slot and running patterns out of the backfield. Mike Williams left early, Steve Smith broke his leg in the early part of the season, and Jarrett was just a true frosh being broken in. Bush and the TEs carried the pass catching load in 2004 as a result. Add to all of that, Bush was one of the premier kick and punt returners too.

I mention the versatility in college too emphasize that collegiate comparisons with Bush shouldn't just be limited to RBs as has been done in this thread.

Just my .02 cents.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: