Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hey guys - I never followed this case that much.

Was there any real concern that the parents did it? And if so what was the motivation?

They were suspected from jump because it did occur in their house and they were acting odd(apparently calling a lawyer first before answering anything that may incriminate them is considered odd go figure) with their lack of emotion so to speak.

I never thought they did it but a lot of folks thought Patsy just lost it when it was rumored that JonBenet didn't want to be in beauty pageants anymore. And they were trying to cover it up.

Hal Haddon was their lawyer at the time of course years later he ended up representing Kobe.

There were a lot of problems with the Boulder police department let me tell ya.

Their civil lawyer ended up becoming Katie Fabers' civil attorney. Small legal world.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
You know what bothered me, today??... I was researching more information, on the Jon Benet case, and I ran across the story of the guy that raped that girl, in Iraq, and killed her, and her family...

I began to wonder, why so many get excited by the death of Jon Benet, and we hardly give any attention, to the Iraqi Case... Both involved innocent people, from my understanding. Anyway, this country should not condone rape, and indescriminate killing, of non-combatants. How can we tell the Iraqis that we mean to help their country??

Because Jon Benet was a aspiring beauty queen.... as sick as it may sound. Jon Benet got media attention because she was beautiful.... Im not saying iraqi grils are not beautiful, im sure they are very beautiful however, This pathetic administration does an a really good job on keeping the horrible war crimes we do under wraps!
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
Anyway, this country should not condone rape, and indescriminate killing, of non-combatants. How can we tell the Iraqis that we mean to help their country??

To the best of my knowledge, this country doesn't condon the rape or indescriminate killing of anyone. The fact that it happens doesn't mean we condone it any more than the murder of Jon Benet Ramsey means we condone the murder of 6 year old girls.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
You know what bothered me, today??... I was researching more information, on the Jon Benet case, and I ran across the story of the guy that raped that girl, in Iraq, and killed her, and her family...

I began to wonder, why so many get excited by the death of Jon Benet, and we hardly give any attention, to the Iraqi Case... Both involved innocent people, from my understanding. Anyway, this country should not condone rape, and indescriminate killing, of non-combatants. How can we tell the Iraqis that we mean to help their country??

Unfortunately, the media tends to 'sensationalize' a kidnapping/murder when the little girl is white (and in most cases blonde).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:
Anyway, this country should not condone rape, and indescriminate killing, of non-combatants. How can we tell the Iraqis that we mean to help their country??

To the best of my knowledge, this country doesn't condon the rape or indescriminate killing of anyone. The fact that it happens doesn't mean we condone it any more than the murder of Jon Benet Ramsey means we condone the murder of 6 year old girls.

nobody condones the rape and killing of young people... but when it comes to war crimes and bush administration... They will do anything to conjure up some fabrication or keep details under wraps... you have people like Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter and the Fox News team to thank for that. This worthless administration is totally misleading the american public!!!!!!
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

Most of us are well aware of the worthless administration in this country. But that really has nothing to do with this specific case, and Id hope we can keep this on topic.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Most of us are well aware of the worthless administration in this country. But that really has nothing to do with this specific case, and Id hope we can keep this on topic.

You're treading on shaky ground there buddy so be careful From what i know there are quite a few republicans on here

RIP Jayden Odom

Last edited by bballfan4life on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:

Condone was a strong word to use... I was just thinking in terms of where our focus is... On the Ramsey Case, but we don't pay much attention, to some of these other atrocities.

Good to hear from others that are outraged too... It helps.

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

bballfan4life wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

From what i know there are quite a few republicans on here

i feel sorry for them
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
bballfan4life wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

From what i know there are quite a few republicans on here

i feel sorry for them

I dont... It's a democracy, they elected him, now they can watch and see what he does with the power he yields

RIP Jayden Odom
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

I listened to a show on sirius radio's Court station

SBTC was the signature on the ransom demands. It also appears on his H.S. yearbook. It means 'son be the commander"

There was a home made teddy bear in Jon Benets room that no one knew where it came from. A picture of the suspect taken in Thailand shows him with a young girl and she's holding a similar very unique bear.

There are solid reports that he has shared info with investigators that onlt those close to the investigation know.

Finally, his own words show he was in love and obcessed with her as the profile of these sick people show is often the case.

I feel confident they have the killer now.

If it is proven, the original investigators and Prosecutors should be punished in some way.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hey guys - I never followed this case that much.

Was there any real concern that the parents did it? And if so what was the motivation?

They were suspected from jump because it did occur in their house and they were acting odd(apparently calling a lawyer first before answering anything that may incriminate them is considered odd go figure) with their lack of emotion so to speak.

I never thought they did it but a lot of folks thought Patsy just lost it when it was rumored that JonBenet didn't want to be in beauty pageants anymore. And they were trying to cover it up.

Hal Haddon was their lawyer at the time of course years later he ended up representing Kobe.

There were a lot of problems with the Boulder police department let me tell ya.

Their civil lawyer ended up becoming Katie Fabers' civil attorney. Small legal world.

In Colorado it certainly is in high profile cases.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if any of you guys know about this but, there was a psychic back in 1998 who drew a sketch of the killer and the resemblance is pretty wild.
Check this out.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9694322/detail.html
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Leo wrote:
I don't know if any of you guys know about this but, there was a psychic back in 1998 who drew a sketch of the killer and the resemblance is pretty wild.
Check this out.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9694322/detail.html

I dunno. Aside from the eyes & ears (and skin color), doesn't really look that "strikingly similar" to me. Wrong shaped chin, wrong type of lips, wrong shape nose, wrong hairline, hairstyle and haircolor. Drawing looks more like Hitler without the moustache. If she was a portrait artist at the Venice boardwalk, she'd have gone broke her first week.

You really think that drawing looks that much like him?
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:

Condone was a strong word to use... I was just thinking in terms of where our focus is... On the Ramsey Case, but we don't pay much attention, to some of these other atrocities.

Jon Stewart agrees with you, in his own irreverant way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJge8tsisw
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:

Jon Stewart agrees with you, in his own irreverant way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJge8tsisw

So true...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Booby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:

That Iraqi case was way (bleep) up. I heard about that on the news.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Phil wrote:

SBTC was the signature on the ransom demands. It also appears on his H.S. yearbook. It means 'son be the commander"

The ransom note was signed "S.B.T.C.", which may be reference to a comment he left, when he signed someone else's yearbook, "Though, deep in the future, maybe I shall be the conqueror and live in multiple peace."
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Phil wrote:

The ransom note was signed "S.B.T.C.", which may be reference to a comment he left, when he signed someone else's yearbook, "Though, deep in the future, maybe I shall be the conqueror and live in multiple peace."

Sounds like a stretch to me.

Whatever happend to the ex-wife and brother's claim ("Lara Karr's attorney, Michael Rains, said his client "sincerely believes there was no Christmas ... anytime between 1989 and 2000 when they were married ... when her husband was not with her and her family at Christmas time."; Karr's brother, Nate, told Atlanta Fox affiliate WAGA that his family will provide information Friday to prove the allegation that Karr killed Ramsey is "just ridiculous." )

Shouldn't the first thing the police should do is place him at the scene at the time of crime?
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

There was a documentary, today, which documented some of the things, as they occured, around the time of the crime... They showed the Ramsey Home, in Boulder... Man, that place is like a maze... It's hard to imagine an intruder, knowing the Ramsey's movements... The intruder had to have some idea, of the Ramsey's plans. Also, the intruder had to navigate that house, find Jon Benet, and take her to the basement...

This person had to really be wacked out, just to take those kind of chances.
That ransom note, with the S.B.T.C., still has my attention, though...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

Just a really weird situation. My sister was the same age as JonBenet, give or take a few months. I hope whoever did commit the crime lives to regret it.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, I just couldn't go to bed, without posting this feeling that I have... This case is so intriguing, for those who love to solve mysteries... I'm sure, if there were a real Sherlock Holmes, or Columbo, they would just love to solve this one...

I was just musing, to myself, about all the twists and turns... This realization came to me, that no matter how you put the jigsaw pieces together, this case comes out really weird, and far-fetched... Hollywood would have a hard time, coming up with this one.

Just tonight, they showed the guy that played Santa Claus, who was once a primary suspect... Well, it turns out, his wife wrote a book, about a girl that was raped, in a basement!!

I once saw another documentary, that was very convincing... There was this known pedophile, living in the area, that kept saying he wanted to break into a house, and commit a murder/rape, like what was done with Jon Benet... In addition, there was evidence, that he had practiced, with an electric stun device, which he wanted to use... The guy later committed suicide.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
On Wednesday, Quientana Ray, who married Karr when she was 13, told ABC's "Good Morning America" in a recorded interview that Karr was controlling and used to tell her about fantasies he had about little girls.

"I was drugged and things were done to me without me having any idea," said Ray, who left Karr after a few months and has since remarried.

Her parents, Melissa and Larry Shotts of Hamilton, Ala., said they also discovered letters Karr wrote to their daughter that were signed "S.B.T.C." — the same initials found on a ransom note in the Ramseys' home. They did not show the letters during the interview and it wasn't clear if they still had them.

In addition to first-degree murder, the counts against Karr in a sealed probable-cause arrest warrant include felony murder, first-degree kidnapping, second-degree kidnapping and sexual assault on a child.

LINK
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

That "S.B.T.C." may be the clincher... How can you explain those initials, on various notes, in different places??... Was there a secret "S.B.T.C. Club"??
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Southwest Bell Telephone Company?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: