Dodgers will win the world series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Dodgers will win the world series

im calling it NOW.... lowe with a 8 inning shutout tonight...this team has so much momentum running with them.... seeing the Giants lose makes me soooo happy

hmmm do you think we will see the 06 team fitted for rings? *sniff* its like 88 all over again!!!

GO BLUE GO
GO BLUE GO
GO BLUE GO
GO BLUE GO

I LOVE LA!!!!!!!
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

DIE METS DIE!!!!
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I just got back home from my vacation in LA literally hours ago -- what a great city! I love LA!

I didn't get to go to a Dodger game this time around but I'm getting the same feeling as you do about the Dodgers. Let's hope they can go all the way!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers are even more of a roller coaster than the Lakers aren't they? I don't really follow them but I know that this is what's basically happened since June:
Doing really good- into 1st place
lost something like 12 out of 13 games and fell into last place
Now have made a miraculous comeback into 1st place

go dodgers!

Seeing this kind of makes me miss the drama that the Lakers had during their championship years.... but then the next day I think "Damn, I need to lay off the weed"
pokoy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I hate jinx threads like this...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

sorry guys...Oakland is taking it...
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

I hate jinx threads like this...

sorry.... but I have the feeling... in my stomach just like I had with the Lakers in 2000-01-02
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I was listening to the Dodger post game show on the radio, and they said that there was an article in one of the NY newspapers that said that the Dodgers are the team that the Mets definitely don't want to face in the playoffs. Losing Glavin for the rest of the season is gonna really hurt them too. The NL is wide open fellas. Go Blue!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject:

Dodgers have a great chance of winning the NL West. They can even beat any NL team (I think). But when it comes to facing an AL team, no chance in hell to be honest.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Angels fan. Even if the Angels don't make it to the World Series, I can't picture our own LA Dodgers winning against the AL... but we'll see. Hopefully I'm proven wrong of course.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject:

<-----saenz
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:

I think we can win the NL West but Im also a Mets fan and Id be worried about facing them. The key for the Mets is getting their pitching back, because as of late their best production has come from the back end of their rotation, not Pedro and Glavine.

But are yall forgetting that we will most likely play the Cardinals? They have OWNED the Dodgers for whatever reason, but Id feel a little better if we get home field advantage in that series with the way the pitching has been lately.

Unfortunately like TooCool said, even if LA somehow does get out of the NL, what evidence do we have that they wont get slaughtered by the AL? If youre a Dodger fan we have a lot to be excited about with the prospects in the organization and the work of Colleti, but I dont see this team turning around the AL dominance, at least this season.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

Rookie of the YEAR goes to Adrian Ethier if it goes to someone else in the NL....NOW i know there is a speculation against Los ANgeles
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

Bring on the Clippers!!!!
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

Someone from the AL Central will win the series.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
Rookie of the YEAR goes to Adrian Ethier if it goes to someone else in the NL....NOW i know there is a speculation against Los ANgeles

Andre.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
Dodgers have a great chance of winning the NL West. They can even beat any NL team (I think). But when it comes to facing an AL team, no chance in hell to be honest.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Angels fan. Even if the Angels don't make it to the World Series, I can't picture our own LA Dodgers winning against the AL... but we'll see. Hopefully I'm proven wrong of course.

I am kind of with you on this.
But it is getting better. Look 3 weeks ago I would have told you that the dodgers have no chance in hell of beating the Mets. Now it is possible. they could actually make it to the World Series this year. Do I think they will win the series? No, but just beating the Mets and getting there would be one hell of a ride this season and a great stepping stone for a young team. Who knows anything can happpen. Look at the marlins beating the Yankees in 2003. Who saw that coming?

Call me crazy but I am starting to believe.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
sorry guys...Oakland is taking it...

Yeah, sure they are. Even the Dodgers' chances are pretty slim to win the whole thing, but at least they only have to go through NL teams to get to the World Series. Oakland, if they make the playoffs, is going to have to beat 2 of the following teams to get there: Yankees, Tigers, White Sox, Twins, Red Sox. If the playoffs started today, they'd draw the Tigers in the ALDS and either the Yanks or White Sox in the ALCS. They'd be lucky to win one game in their series with Detroit.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Milton (Artest) Bradley hitting 3rd for you can't be good in the long run.

Yanks look like the team to beat.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Adrian Beltre.

Just thought I'd throw that name out there in case anyone here was still mad about the Dodgers not overpaying him.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Adrian Beltre.

Just thought I'd throw that name out there in case anyone here was still mad about the Dodgers not overpaying him.

Honestly I was mad that we did not keep him, but I am glad to admit I was wrong. DePo was not as horrible as we think.

Wish we had Gagne still closing games for us.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
I think we can win the NL West but Im also a Mets fan and Id be worried about facing them. The key for the Mets is getting their pitching back, because as of late their best production has come from the back end of their rotation, not Pedro and Glavine.

But are yall forgetting that we will most likely play the Cardinals? They have OWNED the Dodgers for whatever reason, but Id feel a little better if we get home field advantage in that series with the way the pitching has been lately.

Unfortunately like TooCool said, even if LA somehow does get out of the NL, what evidence do we have that they wont get slaughtered by the AL? If youre a Dodger fan we have a lot to be excited about with the prospects in the organization and the work of Colleti, but I dont see this team turning around the AL dominance, at least this season.

how you manage to do that is beyond me. NY? LA?
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

Born in LA, lived there for years. Moved to NY area and unfortunately was denied access to watching Dodger games. My Dad was always a Dodger fan and hated the Yankees, so we both started rooting for the Mets. Even though the Dodgers are my team, I grew up going to Met games and will always have a soft spot for them. Recently moved back to LA, so Im sure itll swing the other way but its nice to see them doing well finally.

If it happens, a LA/NYM matchup will be tough for me.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

Born in LA, lived there for years. Moved to NY area and unfortunately was denied access to watching Dodger games. My Dad was always a Dodger fan and hated the Yankees, so we both started rooting for the Mets. Even though the Dodgers are my team, I grew up going to Met games and will always have a soft spot for them. Recently moved back to LA, so Im sure itll swing the other way but its nice to see them doing well finally.

If it happens, a LA/NYM matchup will be tough for me.

that's cool. at least you've touched ny soil. Most of these met/yankee fans here in l.a. haven't even been past vegas.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

I HATE THE PADRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PADRES
THE GIANTS
THE DBACKS
AND D WADE NEEDS TO DIE
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
I just got back home from my vacation in LA literally hours ago -- what a great city! I love LA!

I didn't get to go to a Dodger game this time around but I'm getting the same feeling as you do about the Dodgers. Let's hope they can go all the way!

Sounds like you had a great time, what hotel did you end up choosing if you don't mind my asking?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: