VIDEO: San Diego TV reporter gets beat up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: VIDEO: San Diego TV reporter gets beat up

LINK

Reporter lucky other dude was there
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject:

its good that they expose fraud but they should know who they're dealing with. they way i see it he had it coming, the lady didnt want to be on tv and told them to get the f away. they didnt so the husband backed his wife up.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually because she was part of the story they had every right to film her.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:

part of the story according to the reporter, i dont think the couple volunteered for it. so if the lady didnt want to taped the reporter should have brought his set of balls with him if was gonna go against her wishes.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:

its good that they expose fraud but they should know who they're dealing with. they way i see it he had it coming, the lady didnt want to be on tv and told them to get the f away. they didnt so the husband backed his wife up.

Wow, if you can watch that video and then make that statement, you are pure neanderthal material.

A real man would have pulled his wife away, said no comment, and walked away. It's not like she was being assaulted; she was the aggressor.

That was not backing up your wife, that was a violent assault by a scumbag ripoff artist.

He had it coming? He was doing a public service by exposing criminals taking part in criminal activity. Nice to know which side of the fence you sit...
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

Wow, if you can watch that video and then make that statement, you are pure neanderthal material.

A real man would have pulled his wife away, said no comment, and walked away. It's not like she was being assaulted; she was the aggressor.

That was not backing up your wife, that was a violent assault by a scumbag ripoff artist.

He had it coming? He was doing a public service by exposing criminals taking part in criminal activity. Nice to know which side of the fence you sit...

Yep. Assuming these people are guilty, of course. Hell, who cares if that couple didn't want to be taped? Did they care if the people they were ripping off wanted to be ripped off?

That reporter can now sue the hell out of 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

OH SNAP!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!! THAT REPORTER IS LUCKY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! 1) he got that on tape and 2) that other dude came in and saved his ass.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

Yep. Assuming these people are guilty, of course. Hell, who cares if that couple didn't want to be taped? Did they care if the people they were ripping off wanted to be ripped off?

That reporter can now sue the hell out of 'em.

Not to mention now they are facing felony assault charges that will probably land them more jail time than the fraud he was hounding them about. What you don't hear on the video is that she also threatened to go get a gun, so they have her on a terrorist threat charge too. When a jury sees that tape, they definately won't be lenient come sentencing time. They will get what they deserve...
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

part of the story according to the reporter, i dont think the couple volunteered for it. so if the lady didnt want to taped the reporter should have brought his set of balls with him if was gonna go against her wishes.

Beyond your quasi-Neanderthal take of playing down their assault, if you see a full airing of the video, your whole assumption is wrong anyways, as they did not approach her; they were there about to talk to the guy who eventually helps take the nutcake Assad down; she comes onto the property, approaches the reporter and starts her ranting and smacking. In other words, besides your inane reasoning, your basic premise is false, based upon a faulty assumption of the course of events...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I saw the whole (I think) video on the news tonight and the girl is lucky the reporter showed some restraint. I know plenty of dudes that would have completely rearranged her face if she had pulled that (bleep). When they went to interview the guy (the one who attacks the reporter) at his home/office, he eventually tells them to leave and they leave. The two of them are the ones that show up where the reporter is at after they'd left and start in again. The reporter isn't lucky the black guy is there to save him because the only reason he's there is because of him. When the girl initially comes up to them, the reporter is letting the black guy (who was an alleged victim of fraud by these two people) listen to a voicemail that the assaulter left on his cell where he's threatening the reporter.

I didn't hear it in this video, but the girl threatened to go get a gun at one point. That was before the part where she had a rock in one hand and a cellphone in the other when she was getting ready to go upside the black guy's head while he was wrestling with her husband.

By the end of the video, I was desperately hoping that the girl would continue acting like she was with the cops and they both get shot. Now that would have been some funny stuff.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

this aint the movies and things dont go the way they should. this reporter is messing with some bad people. the rules are a bit different in the streets. if youre gonna rat or expose someone in the streets you better bring your set cuz theyre will be consquenses. plain and simple, y do you think more criminal activites arent reported.

that reporter should have known who he was messing with, sure the people will get charged for the assault but dont count on this being the end for the reporter. the reporter might have been providing a good service but he might have messed with the wrong individuals.

the fact that the reporter was receiving threats even before his beatdown should have given him a warning. he didnt listen and decided to confront them, so the beat down is his fault. under the set of rules that these people live by he brought it onto himself. i hope he learned his lesson.

i laugh because some people learn lessons the hard way.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

this aint the movies and things dont go the way they should. this reporter is messing with some bad people. the rules are a bit different in the streets. if youre gonna rat or expose someone in the streets you better bring your set cuz theyre will be consquenses. plain and simple, y do you think more criminal activites arent reported.

that reporter should have known who he was messing with, sure the people will get charged for the assault but dont count on this being the end for the reporter. the reporter might have been providing a good service but he might have messed with the wrong individuals.

the fact that the reporter was receiving threats even before his beatdown should have given him a warning. he didnt listen and decided to confront them, so the beat down is his fault. under the set of rules that these people live by he brought it onto himself. i hope he learned his lesson.

Sounds like these were your type of people.

You make it sound like they are bloods or crips. They were swindlers. They will get their own beat downs behind bars, so justice will be served.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

You make it sound like they are bloods or crips. They were swindlers. They will get their own beat downs behind bars, so justice will be served.

dont try to label or insult me if you dont know me. these are simple street rules. i know them and know how to protect myself. funny how you say these are my type of people with an sn name like tony montan.....freaking poser

lol...bloods and crips....is that the best comparison you could come up with
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

dont try to label or insult me if you dont know me. these are simple street rules. i know them and know how to protect myself. funny how you say these are my type of people with an sn name like tony montan.....freaking poser

Those were white-collar criminals wilding out when their backs were to the wall. Your "rules of the street" thing is pretty hilarious though, even if it is a total stretch when it comes to those two. Thanks for the (brief) laugh...
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

If you re-read what I wrote, I wasn't comparing them to bloods/crips...I was alluding to the fact you made their actions sound like that;
Trust me, Assad wouldn't have got too far if he tried that beat-down on me either; that doesn't mean the whole thing was street. I am plenty street-smart as well; regardless, your whole characterization of this event as "street" is so off-base it borders on ridiculous.

ps: Only a true poser would try to actually post "street" by actually spelling (or misspelling) everything to sound "street." Sorry, but it really loses something in typewritten form. It just looks ignorant and/or uneducated. I'm sure you can deliver it verbally, but you've got to give up on trying to translate it here. Oh, and there's something called capital letters. Try them out sometime. You might like them.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

the only thing that lady and the husband has to say is no comment and walk off... Now they face fraud and assault charges... Hope they enjoy the next few years in Cali state pen getting seriously ass rammed. The girl too shes gonna be Bertha (bleep) and take it up the yoo hoo with a night stick
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:

1. La Jolla is not the hood

2. With that said, he should've expected a response like that seeing as how the lady was acting. I mean, she freakin slapped him. He should've known when to put down the camera and walk away, it's not like they were giving him any valuable information. He was being a dick to the lady, and she was acting like a biatch.

He wanted his story, he had to pay the price. That's the way Tom Burgundy rolls. So goes the life of an investigative reporter, nothing to shed a tear over. That's life, he'll get his story, and $$$, and those crooks will go to jail. Everybody's happy.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

2. With that said, he should've expected a response like that seeing as how the lady was acting. I mean, she freakin slapped him. He should've known when to put down the camera and walk away, it's not like they were giving him any valuable information. He was being a dick to the lady, and she was acting like a biatch.

He wanted his story, he had to pay the price. That's the way Tom Burgundy rolls. So goes the life of an investigative reporter, nothing to shed a tear over. That's life, he'll get his story, and $$$, and those crooks will go to jail. Everybody's happy.

Any investigative reporter in that situation would have been considered a biatch to have walked away. It's your job (and how could he have put down the camera and walked when he was being filmed by someone else?); the husband drove up onto the scene after the reporter had arrived; the reporter did not know he was there; at that point, it was just some crazy ranting chick with a water bottle; hardly something for a reporter to run away from. Hell, that would have been worse for him; the video of that would have been posted, and everyone would be making fun of him for being a chicken.

In the end, it's worked out; he is nationally known, now, getting a prime piece on the Today show this morning, and those jerks will go to jail, even if they skate on the fraud stuff.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
I saw the whole (I think) video on the news tonight and the girl is lucky the reporter showed some restraint. I know plenty of dudes that would have completely rearranged her face if she had pulled that (bleep). When they went to interview the guy (the one who attacks the reporter) at his home/office, he eventually tells them to leave and they leave. The two of them are the ones that show up where the reporter is at after they'd left and start in again. The reporter isn't lucky the black guy is there to save him because the only reason he's there is because of him. When the girl initially comes up to them, the reporter is letting the black guy (who was an alleged victim of fraud by these two people) listen to a voicemail that the assaulter left on his cell where he's threatening the reporter.

I didn't hear it in this video, but the girl threatened to go get a gun at one point. That was before the part where she had a rock in one hand and a cellphone in the other when she was getting ready to go upside the black guy's head while he was wrestling with her husband.

By the end of the video, I was desperately hoping that the girl would continue acting like she was with the cops and they both get shot. Now that would have been some funny stuff.

Excick I agree with your post I just don't know plenty of dudes that would punch women in the face. I was always taught never to hit a woman it is cowardly. Yes you can restrain one but I wouldnt have hit her if I was the reporter.
Now the man is fair game.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

Vandido I grew up with the same set of rules, but after you reach a certain age some things change. You have to know where and when to pick your battles. In this case the attackers were stupid to beat up a reporter. This dude needed to man up and throw his wife in the car and leave. He just made it worse for himself.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

Beyond the reporter getting abused, let's not forget the banks/mortgage companies that got dupped and the folks who had their identities stolen and credit wrecked.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

I think it's funny that the camera man kept rolling... I guess he did not have the reporter's back...

Serves them right.... what do they expect when they do stories like this... I bet they count on reactions like that... or else they won't do the story... It's not about news, it's about entertainment (i.e. see the links and all the post)

Last edited by TACH on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
vandido626 wrote:

Vandido I grew up with the same set of rules, but after you reach a certain age some things change. You have to know where and when to pick your battles. In this case the attackers were stupid to beat up a reporter. This dude needed to man up and throw his wife in the car and leave. He just made it worse for himself.

the way i see it these people were on a different level. by that i mean they were rolling pretty big with their scams. look at where they lived and the type of car they drove. when you affect the way a person like that makes their cash youre walking into a far worse situation than your typical hood confrontation. just look at what was going on, the reporter had ran an intial piece and started to receive threats. after that he still went out to do a follow up piece. at this point the lady is telling him that she's gonna put him on the other side of the border. well that dude is white so i dont think she was refering to deportation. at that point she was telling that dude im gonna put you in the ground. now sure they might have got busted and will do time. but, if they truely roll they way they make it seem. that's not the last that reporter has heard of this crazy couple.

people, come on, the most dangerous people dont live in the hood. yes, i agree with you about knowing when to pick your battles. but i think this applies to the reporter more so than the couple.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

858 in da house! Holla to the hood of coastal San Diego.

-Millionaire G's
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

Even though it looks like you guys are already doing it, I'm just gonna go ahead and remind everybody to chill with the name calling.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: