VIDEO: San Diego TV reporter gets beat up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Serves them right.... what do they expect when they do stories like this... I bet they count on reactions like that... or else they won't do the story... It's not about news, it's about entertainment (i.e. see the links and all the post)

The reporter was at that location to interview one of the victims (the big guy who ended up saving the reporter) when the wacky wife showed up and called her husband.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

I doubt the reporter gave a crap that he got socked once or twice, he basically trapped them into more sht so they can get nailed even more, with video evidence. The husband should of grabbed the wife and take off, the reporter and his crew just wanted to humilate them and they did just that.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

So to take this in another direction...crazy chicks are hot...I'd hit it.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

I did take notice of the nice rack. I'd hit it too. Then change my name and move to another state, 'cause she is as crazy as they come.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

^
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:

Serves them right.... what do they expect when they do stories like this... I bet they count on reactions like that... or else they won't do the story... It's not about news, it's about entertainment (i.e. see the links and all the post)

The reporter was at that location to interview one of the victims (the big guy who ended up saving the reporter) when the wacky wife showed up and called her husband.
Why did the wacky wife show up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Socks wrote:

I did take notice of the nice rack. I'd hit it too. Then change my name and move to another state, 'cause she is as crazy as they come.

For real. That's a one and done with a fake name, and don't let her see your house or your car. You might want to wear a fake moustache while you're at it.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
Socks wrote:

For real. That's a one and done with a fake name, and don't let her see your house or your car. You might want to wear a fake moustache while you're at it.
Fake name like Ron Mexico...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:

That part is unclear. They were about to talk to an alleged victim of Assad's (who said the guy tried to bite him too--total cheap shot artist) and she rolls up. How she knew the interview was taking place then and there has not been explained. Maybe she lived or worked in the complex where it was being held and saw the crew. Bottom line is that she approached them, not the other way around, which makes the whole "he asked for it" argument moot. What, are reporters not supposed to cover stories or talk to witnesses?

I have to admit, she does get hotter with each viewing. That fiery temper would be fun to channel into some hot action...
It would be some real taming-of-the-shrew stuff...
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

I think the story goes like this:

The reporter had been investigating an alleged scam operated by the couple. They are suspected of using the names of other people (identity theft) to buy real estate, rent it out, then let it default (defrauding the banks) while they kept the income from renters (who probably lost money / deposits when they got evicted).

The reporter was at one of the properties to interview a victim when the wacky wife showed up.

Maybe she was there to collect rent, who knows.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:

That part is unclear. They were about to talk to an alleged victim of Assad's (who said the guy tried to bite him too--total cheap shot artist) and she rolls up. How she knew the interview was taking place then and there has not been explained. Maybe she lived or worked in the complex where it was being held and saw the crew. Bottom line is that she approached them, not the other way around, which makes the whole "he asked for it" argument moot. What, are reporters not supposed to cover stories or talk to witnesses?

I have to admit, she does get hotter with each viewing. That fiery temper would be fun to channel into some hot action...
It would be some real taming-of-the-shrew stuff...
I'm thinking the reporter/news 'let it be known' that they would be there... you know there thinking 'it makes for a better story'. They got what they want out of this,... publicity, rating and web hits to the site. Either way, she's a spunky little gal!!!!
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Yeah, hot as she may be, you would be walking on egg shells every day living with that gal.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:

the way i see it these people were on a different level. by that i mean they were rolling pretty big with their scams. look at where they lived and the type of car they drove. when you affect the way a person like that makes their cash youre walking into a far worse situation than your typical hood confrontation. just look at what was going on, the reporter had ran an intial piece and started to receive threats. after that he still went out to do a follow up piece. at this point the lady is telling him that she's gonna put him on the other side of the border. well that dude is white so i dont think she was refering to deportation. at that point she was telling that dude im gonna put you in the ground. now sure they might have got busted and will do time. but, if they truely roll they way they make it seem. that's not the last that reporter has heard of this crazy couple.

people, come on, the most dangerous people dont live in the hood. yes, i agree with you about knowing when to pick your battles. but i think this applies to the reporter more so than the couple.

So what you're suggesting is that this reporter back down and not pursue a story that would expose these criminals? If they were criminals on a large scale as you say, then all the more reason to make sure they don't go on hurting people. There comes a point where if somebody doesn't do something, nobody will.

Are you really questioning the reporter's balls? The guy was threatened with messages, then with a gun, yet he continued in his duty, and stood up to the criminals. Hell that takes a much bigger "set", then your suggested approach about how people are dangerous, and you should expect getting retribution. You know what? That is how cowards view situations.

People who are courageous look fear in the eye, with no concern for themselves. That is what this guy did. What makes it even more admirable is the fact that this guy clearly had no clue how to defend himself. Yet he stood up, where so many others would back down. Hate all you won't, but he was right to do what he did. People like that need to be stopped
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

More footage....

Did she hit him across the face with a bottle???

Lucky for them that guy stopped her,... somebody was about the eff'ed up with a rock...

LINK
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What makes it even more admirable is the fact that this guy clearly had no clue how to defend himself.

Man, that guy had no idea how to attack him either. Sorry excuse for a punch and offbalance after that. Regardless, looks like he woulda done some serious damage if the other guy hadn't intervened.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Quote:
What makes it even more admirable is the fact that this guy clearly had no clue how to defend himself.

Man, that guy had no idea how to attack him either. Sorry excuse for a punch and offbalance after that. Regardless, looks like he woulda done some serious damage if the other guy hadn't intervened.

He still cut his face pretty good
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Socks wrote:
Quote:

He still cut his face pretty good

He was biting him and actually tried to gouge his eyes. I think his boot got him in the face when they were all on the ground. Assad is a dirty fighter. The guy is a total waste of oxygen.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

i can't even believe i'm hearing what i'm hearing in this thread. people actually supporting and defending unprovoked assault?
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
i can't even believe i'm hearing what i'm hearing in this thread. people actually supporting and defending unprovoked assault?

A misguided respect for "street justice." It diminishes the collective quality of the board to know there are posters who actually think that way
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
ocho wrote:

A misguided respect for "street justice." It diminishes the collective quality of the board to know there are posters who actually think that way

The news/reporter knew what kind of guy they were dealing with... they even reported on how the guy attacked people in the past.

They could of did the 'interview' some else, like the studio or took 'pre-cautions', like hire security or something,... but then again that wouldn't make for good TV. They were dealing with 'criminals', what did they real expect. I don't condone it, but if you play with fire,.. eventually you will get burned. Common sense would tell once 'she' showed up, he was on his way. Also,.. at what point does the camera put down the camera to help his ccolleague? Again,.. that wouldn't make for good TV. The reporter is luck those two guys stepped in.... if not who knows what would of happened...

And still want to know how they knew the reporter was there....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

tach the reporter, and the cameraman are doing their jobs. and its completely their right to do it and its 100% legal.

they did not provoke the man or the woman. their equipment was attacked, and then their reporter was attacked vicously and violently. all for doing something that is completely within their rights to do. if they didn't want to be on camera they could have gone in their damn house. they're criminals, they're thugs, and they shouldn't receive any sympathy.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tach the reporter, and the cameraman are doing their jobs. and its completely their right to do it and its 100% legal.

they did not provoke the man or the woman. their equipment was attacked, and then their reporter was attacked vicously and violently. all for doing something that is completely within their rights to do. if they didn't want to be on camera they could have gone in their damn house. they're criminals, they're thugs, and they shouldn't receive any sympathy.

You are dead right,... I completely understand.... All I'm saying is they knew what they were dealing with and took no precautions.

They were dealing with criminals that were known to be violent,.. they even reported that... what did they really expect? When she threatened to get a gun... they just kept the camera rolling.... When dude pulled up, they just kept the camera rolling. When the reporter was on the ground,.. camera still rolling. No pause for personal safety, no jumping in to try and break it up... Eff with fire,.. don't call foul when you get burned. They were many other ways to report the story, but they choose this one... why?

And I'm not sympatizing with the criminals,.. but I'm not going to shed tears over a dumb-(bleep) report either.

And I would love to know how she knew they were there? Did she call the husband or did he just show up as well?
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
ocho wrote:

You are dead right,... I completely understand.... All I'm saying is they knew what they were dealing with and took no precautions.

They were dealing with criminals that were known to be violent,.. they even reported that... what did they really expect? When she threatened to get a gun... they just kept the camera rolling.... When dude pulled up, they just kept the camera rolling. When the reporter was on the ground,.. camera still rolling. No pause for personal safety, no jumping in to try and break it up... Eff with fire,.. don't call foul when you get burned. They were many other ways to report the story, but they choose this one... why?

And I'm not sympatizing with the criminals,.. but I'm not going to shed tears over a dumb-(bleep) report either.

And I would love to know how she knew they were there? Did she call the husband or did he just show up as well?

This type of story has been investigated this way by countless reporters on countless stations around the country (and the world) for longer than we having been watching the news. It is rare that it has gone to this exteme, even with potentially volatile subjects. Usually if it gets physical, it is more along the lines of shoving, or pushing the camera away. The percentage chance of hard violence happening is actually statistically very low if you count the number of similar story assignments and how many we actually see reaching this level of assault.

He wasn't even confronting her anyways; he was there to talk to a third party, so what precautions should he have taken? Should reporters start carrying a handgun now? He was trying to serve the public good and expose some people who were ruining peoples lives through identity theft and real estate fraud, and yet he is chastized for his methods? He should be commended for his nerve, and for not backing down to bully white-collar criminals.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

If I can speak for Tach here, I think what he's basically trying to say is that you can do a report on stingrays by talking about them, researching them, and observing them from afar and do so in relative safety. You can also do a report on them by swimming near them, but you've gotta know and be willing to accept the repurcussions of doing so.

Yeah, those people are scum (though I'd still hit it) and what they did was indefensible, but the question of why the interview couldn't be conducted somewhere else is still a valid one. I'm willing to bet with Tach that the couple was called - probably by the news organization - and told that they were going to be onsite - it's the only way they would've known to show up. When you poke a bear with a stick, it's not right if he swipes your face off with his claws, and I don't condone that action, but hey, it could happen and I don't really feel sorry for the guy who does it.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
If I can speak for Tach here, I think what he's basically trying to say is that you can do a report on stingrays by talking about them, researching them, and observing them from afar and do so in relative safety. You can also do a report on them by swimming near them, but you've gotta know and be willing to accept the repurcussions of doing so.

Yeah, those people are scum (though I'd still hit it) and what they did was indefensible, but the question of why the interview couldn't be conducted somewhere else is still a valid one. I'm willing to bet with Tach that the couple was called - probably by the news organization - and told that they were going to be onsite - it's the only way they would've known to show up. When you poke a bear with a stick, it's not right if he swipes your face off with his claws, and I don't condone that action, but hey, it could happen and I don't really feel sorry for the guy who does it.

Except that he was poking a bear that was ripping people off, threatening them, and needed to be exposed and taken off the streets. That's different than just doing something for pure entertainment value. He was performing a public service, and doing a good deed, for which he was physically injured; for that he deserves some measure of credit and sympathy, and appreciation. How many innocent people will not have their lives disrupted, or ruined because they won't have crimes committed against them by these scumbags now that those scumbags will be going to jail??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: