Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Socks wrote:
If I can speak for Tach here, I think what he's basically trying to say is that you can do a report on stingrays by talking about them, researching them, and observing them from afar and do so in relative safety. You can also do a report on them by swimming near them, but you've gotta know and be willing to accept the repurcussions of doing so.

Yeah, those people are scum (though I'd still hit it) and what they did was indefensible, but the question of why the interview couldn't be conducted somewhere else is still a valid one. I'm willing to bet with Tach that the couple was called - probably by the news organization - and told that they were going to be onsite - it's the only way they would've known to show up. When you poke a bear with a stick, it's not right if he swipes your face off with his claws, and I don't condone that action, but hey, it could happen and I don't really feel sorry for the guy who does it.

Except that he was poking a bear that was ripping people off, threatening them, and needed to be exposed and taken off the streets. That's different than just doing something for pure entertainment value. He was performing a public service, and doing a good deed, for which he was physically injured; for that he deserves some measure of credit and sympathy, and appreciation. How many innocent people will not have their lives disrupted, or ruined because they won't have crimes committed against them by these scumbags now that those scumbags will be going to jail??

I agree. But there's a difference between going into the bear's cave, waking him up, and smacking him in the face a few times vs. using a 100 foot long pole while he's a asleep.

No doubt about it, I'm glad the reporter exposed these crooks. But what I can't get around is how that couple decided to show up right then and there. In no way does this excuse their reaction, but I gotta believe the news organization in some way had a hand in the couple showing up there. After being threatened a bunch of times already, there's no way the news organization should've instigated this (admittedly, I'm assuming they did) unless they wanted to for tv purposes. If that's the case, then that's cool too as long as they're prepared to accept the consequences, but I don't feel sorry for them for it.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

From the standpoint of the reporter - I guarantee youo he is happy as heck today. The wounds were superficial, but the footage was spectacular, and as an investigative reporter, all he wants is for his bosses to notice his work and know who he is. Now the whole country is watching. His career just got jump started.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't automatically assume the television station notified these people, the reporter was going to be there. C'mon...

"Excuse me, Mrs Doofus... we just want you to know, our reporter that exposed your fraud, is going to be at this address, at this time. Thank you and have a nice day".

A more plausible scenario, is that given the fact he was at one of these places of residence where they were defrauding people... they were in fact tipped off, by someone they know. Its not out of the realm of possibilities they had others involved in their scam and could very well have been hired out as landlords/managers.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:

its good that they expose fraud but they should know who they're dealing with. they way i see it he had it coming, the lady didnt want to be on tv and told them to get the f away. they didnt so the husband backed his wife up.

That is a JOKE Dude.

This guy that beat him up was committing IDENTITY FRAUD.

He was stealing people's identities and buying and selling property in their name!!

When the people who's identities he stold, called him on it, he threatened them with bodily harm and death!!

They couldn't get the DA to do anything about the guy, so they asked the news station to look into it.

As soon as they did, the guy started threatening the newsman!!

This guy AND his girlfriend are MAJOR A-holes and in fact appear to have and extreme lack of social conscience.

Give us all a break and don't condone their nightmarish behavior!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Actually because she was part of the story they had every right to film her.

part of the story according to the reporter, i dont think the couple volunteered for it. so if the lady didnt want to taped the reporter should have brought his set of balls with him if was gonna go against her wishes.

The newsman was invited to the property of the owner, who was being ripped off by this degenerate. The guy came to the property THAT HE DID NOT OWN and attacked a newsman who was invited there!!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
I wouldn't automatically assume the television station notified these people, the reporter was going to be there. C'mon...

"Excuse me, Mrs Doofus... we just want you to know, our reporter that exposed your fraud, is going to be at this address, at this time. Thank you and have a nice day".

A more plausible scenario, is that given the fact he was at one of these places of residence where they were defrauding people... they were in fact tipped off, by someone they know. Its not out of the realm of possibilities they had others involved in their scam and could very well have been hired out as landlords/managers.

Sorry I'm so cynical,... I just don't buy it, especially from Fox News. And the reporter is lucky those guys jumped in... because the cameraman wasn't showing too much sympathy to the (bleep) kickin his partner was getting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

^ actually I think is was a local San Diego ABC affiliate, nothing to do with Fox other than they ran the story like everyone else did.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

part of the story according to the reporter, i dont think the couple volunteered for it. so if the lady didnt want to taped the reporter should have brought his set of balls with him if was gonna go against her wishes.

The newsman was invited to the property of the owner, who was being ripped off by this degenerate. The guy came to the property THAT HE DID NOT OWN and attacked a newsman who was invited there!!

well then they should have ignored the lady instead of following around with a camera.

I dont think were on the same page here. I'm not on the side of the lady or her husband. I think the reporter does a great service exposing the criminal and see what the couple did was wrong. Its wrong according to our laws and moraly. However, things arent always the way the should be. Especially when you deal with people who do not operate within the law. If these people are already breaking the law what makes anyone here think they will act within the law when it comes to dealing with this reporter?

Based on the reporter's line of work he should know the risks of exposing people like this. And he should be able to identify people who pose a threat and those who they should not F with.

If these people are making threats to a public figure and going as far as to threaten the reporters life on camera, that must mean that these people are serious. At that point you have enough to press charges on them and you should disengage.

The fact that he didn't made it amusing to me and I was NOT one bit surprised that the reporter was attacked.

Now everyone here can believe that things should work according to moral standards or by our laws but dont rely on that if you ever find yourself in a situation like this. If you do, you will find yourself in the reporters shoes (IF NOT WORSE) wondering why people dont see things the way you do.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
^ actually I think is was a local San Diego ABC affiliate, nothing to do with Fox other than they ran the story like everyone else did.

This clip says the reporter is a Fox 6 Investigative Reporter...

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

No, but I could absolutely imagine the reporter calling Mrs. Doofus and saying "We're going to interview this dude you defrauded at this place at this time, would you like to express your viewpoint on camera as well?", fully knowing the couple would turn up in an agitated state since they had already threatened him a few times.

Call me a cynic as well, but strange stuff happens all the time, and I don't think a scenario like that is all that crazy. It'd be a smart way to ensure interesting tv and ratings are the name of the game.
Mr.Tricky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Wino wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

well then they should have ignored the lady instead of following around with a camera.

I dont think were on the same page here. I'm not on the side of the lady or her husband. I think the reporter does a great service exposing the criminal and see what the couple did was wrong. Its wrong according to our laws and moraly. However, things arent always the way the should be. Especially when you deal with people who do not operate within the law. If these people are already breaking the law what makes anyone here think they will act within the law when it comes to dealing with this reporter?

Based on the reporter's line of work he should know the risks of exposing people like this. And he should be able to identify people who pose a threat and those who they should not F with.

If these people are making threats to a public figure and going as far as to threaten the reporters life on camera, that must mean that these people are serious. At that point you have enough to press charges on them and you should disengage.

The fact that he didn't made it amusing to me and I was NOT one bit surprised that the reporter was attacked.

Now everyone here can believe that things should work according to moral standards or by our laws but dont rely on that if you ever find yourself in a situation like this. If you do, you will find yourself in the reporters shoes (IF NOT WORSE) wondering why people dont see things the way you do.
I'm new here but I'm wondering what happened to the gangster talk? You called other posters on here poser's when you were the one posing hard. Just what I saw, dont mind me.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Mr.Tricky wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
Wino wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

I'm new here but I'm wondering what happened to the gangster talk? You called other posters on here poser's when you were the one posing hard. Just what I saw, dont mind me.

It's like reading the posts of two completely different people on the same username :roll: That said, I'm glad he took my advice and entered the exciting world of capital letter useage...
Mr.Tricky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Isnt being skitzo grounds for suspension?
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

This clip says the reporter is a Fox 6 Investigative Reporter...

LINK

You are correct sir, I caught an ABC story about it, my bad.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

i'd hit.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:
858 in da house! Holla to the hood of coastal San Diego.

-Millionaire G's

lol

seriously, though, the streets of La Jolla are tough:

PIC
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

by the way, if you want to see another example of the perils of investigative reporting, I'll contribute the following (hilarious) links:

Follow up Story
Original Story
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:

this thread is so gangsta!!! :roll:
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
by the way, if you want to see another example of the perils of investigative reporting, I'll contribute the following (hilarious) links:

Follow up Story
Original Story

That kid's moustache should count as a parole violation!
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
SenorJefe wrote:
858 in da house! Holla to the hood of coastal San Diego.

-Millionaire G's

lol

seriously, though, the streets of La Jolla are tough:

PIC

Fo sho.

I seen two drive bys and two bank heists just last night!

But seriously, I did get my car broken into and my ipod stolen once.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

After watching the video, I'm truly disgusted by the guys who said they'd hit that.

Are you serious?
She is overweight and absolutely violent.
Violent sex might be good but nobody should ever want a violent girlfriend/wife?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Hey, to each his own. Ain't nothing wrong with a lady with a little thickness.

Who said anything about girlfriend/wife?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Hey, to each his own. Ain't nothing wrong with a lady with a little thickness.

Who said anything about girlfriend/wife?

I don't know man.
Thick in the right places would be good, but overall thickness is not exactly the ideal woman men think of.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

shnjb...I think the hitting it discussion revolves around a "one and out" sort of thing. The fiery crazyness would be fun for a night, but nothing more than that. Some like a bigger lady, especially a criminally insane, physically aggressive one...

That said, get a load of that tool Assad trying to convince us that he is the victim, and that the reporter is a "disturbed man." No remorse whatsover.

Assad Digs Himself a Deeper Hole
Mr.Tricky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

Assad is a punk who deserves the same beating he issued to that reporter, not to mention he fights like a lil girl!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: