Fav sport and team besides basketball and Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersAFI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

NFL- Philadelphia Eagles!!!!!!!!

College Football- USC

NBA-Lakers!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

LakersAFI wrote:

God bless your soul.....
I live near Philly, I see the pain on Eagles fans faces daily. I'm actually looking forward to TO's return to Philly (remember, these are the fans that boo'd Santa Claus and threw snowballs and batteries at him ). They have a judge and jail in the basement of the staduim...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:

Baseball, St. Louis Cardinals
Football, da Bear
College, the old alma mater, the U of Illinois.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You think Rubens Barrichello is mad he left Ferrari now?! Just one more string of second fiddle and he would have been the man on the most dominant team ever. Damn!

Back to the question, in no particular order:

I don't think Barrichello could maximize his abilities with Ferrari to be a World Champ driver.

I mean, the difference between Rubens and Massa seems like a lot, but when it comes to how they were as 2nd drivers for Ferrari, the results are scarily similar, especially this season.

That's why I'm glad it's Kimi. He just needs a great car under him and his speed is so effortless. Schumacher was the most technical.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Now that Raikkonen has decided to join Ferrari, and Alonso's signed with McLaren, I think Kovalainen will be with Renault next season. It should be fun, although it remains to be seen if anyone can one day be mentioned in the same breath as Michael Schumacher.

I can't wait. It's an exciting young crop, especially with Button and Kubica driving so well of late.

Can't just pin the wins on the most obvious vets.

I actually like the lack of passing. It tells me just how skilled the elite drivers are when they do it. So when drivers like Schumi, Alonso, Kimi, and others can go from midpack to top 5, it's still easy for them and not everyone else.

Part of the reason why I can't really watch Nascar, IRL, Champ, etc. More passing? Sure. More accidents, less discipline, more "gimmick" passing with boost, etc.

It's why I consider F1 and Rally the best competition of drivers in the world. You need the NHRA starts in both. You need excellent pit strategies. You need consistent laps. You need the reliability. You need the best technology. You need the most skilled drivers.

Doesn't get any better. IRL can do 215 all they want, but they cannot corner and pass like F1 drivers.

Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

NFL - Eagle and Giants
MLB - Yankees
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
You think Rubens Barrichello is mad he left Ferrari now?! Just one more string of second fiddle and he would have been the man on the most dominant team ever. Damn!

Back to the question, in no particular order:

I don't think Barrichello could maximize his abilities with Ferrari to be a World Champ driver.

I mean, the difference between Rubens and Massa seems like a lot, but when it comes to how they were as 2nd drivers for Ferrari, the results are scarily similar, especially this season.

That's why I'm glad it's Kimi. He just needs a great car under him and his speed is so effortless. Schumacher was the most technical.

I'm surprised you say that about Rubens. There were plenty of races he would out drive Michael and the team would pull him back or his car would break down. Check out the crazy amount of DNF's he had in the w seasons previous to his leaving. He and Kimi would have been spectacular.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
LakersAFI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LakersAFI wrote:

God bless your soul.....
I live near Philly, I see the pain on Eagles fans faces daily. I'm actually looking forward to TO's return to Philly (remember, these are the fans that boo'd Santa Claus and threw snowballs and batteries at him ). They have a judge and jail in the basement of the staduim...

ahh you dont know how badly im waiting for TO to go back to philly.. they should of out TO in the basement after all that choas he caused
LakersAFI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
NFL - Eagle and Giants

how can you do that .. they're in the same division... lol what are you going to do next sunday??!
Billy_Blanko
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
NFL - Eagle and Giants

SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

NFL: CHARGERS
NBA: LAKERS
MLB: PADRES
UFC: LIDDELL
PRIDE: SILVA
MX: MCGRATH, WINDHAM
NASCAR: MARK MARTIN
F1: E. FITTIPALDI (retired)
INDY: RICK MEARS (retired)
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:

you have too much time...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm surprised you say that about Rubens. There were plenty of races he would out drive Michael and the team would pull him back or his car would break down. Check out the crazy amount of DNF's he had in the w seasons previous to his leaving. He and Kimi would have been spectacular.

Honda isn't a crap team. Barrichello isn't even top 5. Barely top 10.

Now I know it's 1st season with a new team, but I'd have higher expectations of him if he was that great a driver.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Honda isn't a crap team. Barrichello isn't even top 5. Barely top 10.

Now I know it's 1st season with a new team, but I'd have higher expectations of him if he was that great a driver.

Honda isn't bad, but I think they are just now getting an understanding of how F1 really works. Renault has had major championship runs before and just took a while to get back in the picture (amazingly before McClaren or BMW did).

It must be quite different to work with those figuring things out compared to those who know (Honda vs Ferrari). I still feel Rubens at Ferrari equals championship contention although Kimi and Massa are not bad choices.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Broncos
Dodgers

I got thrown in the old Candlestick drunk tank once by some VERY biased security guards who were told that my friends and I were throwing beer on people when in reality it was the Giants fans throwing them at us (we were loud Dodger fans in a sea of grey and orange). We weren't even drunk.

I did manage to slap a dodger sticker on one of the security guard's backs though and another friend of mine reportedly saw him get drenched by a beer someone threw at him. Karma's a (bleep).
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:

San Diego Madres eh?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Dallas Cowboys, SD Chargers
UCLA Football (Card carrying member of the UCLA Alumni Association)
Tiger Woods (yeah, yeah, not a team but he's amazing to watch).
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Honda isn't bad, but I think they are just now getting an understanding of how F1 really works. Renault has had major championship runs before and just took a while to get back in the picture (amazingly before McClaren or BMW did).

It must be quite different to work with those figuring things out compared to those who know (Honda vs Ferrari). I still feel Rubens at Ferrari equals championship contention although Kimi and Massa are not bad choices.

I disagree. I mean, I"m not even banking on podium finishes for Barichello. Top 5s. Some top 8s to actually be one of the top 5 or so scoring drivers. It's already sad that Montoya is still a point ahead of Barichello, and yet, he quit F1 awhile back.

He's not there.

I mean, he's getting beat by Massa and Fisichella if I remember correctly, and these aren't the top drivers. They may be on top teams but Honda had a hell of a run several years ago with Button and Sato.

But when it comes to the "next prospects", I'm definitely all for Kimi. Effortless speed. Barichello and Alonso actually have similar driving styles, using the throttle as an on/off switch instead of using partial throttle and blipping it like Schumi or Kimi. Thing is, Alonso doesn't mind an aggressive setup to forsake comfort. Barichello does.

Just seems like I'm watching a guy who's past his prime already. It would be another thing altogether if there was consistent improvement. It's coming out of Button.

Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Rubens is no Jenson Button, I'll give you that. But expecting top 5 finishes from a Honda I think is unreasonable. They aren't as reliable as the Ferraris, Renaults and McLarens which occupy the top 3 spots in the constructors' standings. Honda has had 7 non-finishes this season compared to just 2 for Ferrari and 3 for Renault. It's hard to compare Rubens to Massa and Fisichella for exactly this reason -- inferior car. It's true that Honda had a good season in 2004, but that was more Jenson than anything else.

Montoya isn't as good as his points seem to indicate. He had one good race in Monaco (2nd place - 8 points), and that had a lot to do with 3 of the top 4 drivers (Schumacher, Massa and Fisichella) being penalized in qualifying on a track where overtaking during the race is damn near impossible. Take that stroke of luck away, and Rubens comes out on top.

I think Barrichello has shown a lot of improvement since his days at Stewart Ford, but he's 34 now, so he IS past his prime (unlike Button who's only 26 and on his way up). In any case, leaving Ferrari was his choice, and I'm more than happy with Massa in his place.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

dodgers and cowboys
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: