Cell Phone/PDA (software/ringtones/backgrounds) sites you use.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Cell Phone/PDA (software/ringtones/backgrounds) sites you use.

For those with geeked out PDAs/Cells etc... where do you get most of your stuff you add to it from?

Personally I have a Cingular 8125 and I'm a big fan of www.buzzdev.net it's free to join and they have a ton of essential software. I'm not to big into ringtones due to my phone playing MP3s (which I just get from my personal library)... but I usually just use Google Images for background images.

anyways I'm curious though because I'm always looking for new cell phone specific sites... and figured a few people out there would have suggestions.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

Mostly make my own ringtones with Cool Edit Pro and wallpapers with Photoshop. Apps/Games, I search around for any Motorola IDEN sites I can find.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Mostly make my own ringtones with Cool Edit Pro and wallpapers with Photoshop. Apps/Games, I search around for any Motorola IDEN sites I can find.

nice I'll have to look into that program. (the cool edit pro one)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I use wavepad to make rings... use ImTOO dvd to wmv converter to rip videos, tv shows & movies... i havent figured out how to get the images right to use a background images (it enlarges, cuts and overexposes the original)... no biggie though. Oh btw, i have an ipaq.

Thanks for the link though, i'll check it out later.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
I use wavepad to make rings... use ImTOO dvd to wmv converter to rip videos, tv shows & movies... i havent figured out how to get the images right to use a background images (it enlarges, cuts and overexposes the original)... no biggie though. Oh btw, i have an ipaq.

Thanks for the link though, i'll check it out later.

The best thing about buzz is it has the microsoft voice activated thing for free if you reg... and if you have a PDA/PC type phone without it... you're wasting your money.

Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Voice Command is awesome - love using it.

Gonzaga Alum - check out: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/5/cingular/offer.mspx

They're giving away two free software apps (I think the offer is only valid until 9/15). You need to register for MSN Messenger/Windows Live Messenger, but if you already have you're good.

One is a weather app and the other is an app that basically channels some RSS feeds to your mobile in an organized fashion. Can't comment on the quality yet, but worth getting to check out since they're free. These are apps written for Windows Mobile, so any phone anyone might have with that OS can go grab it.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

Cool Edit Pro is a nifty program. I've recorded tons of songs with that.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised no one else knows sites to get freebies.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I've got a Cingular 8125. Check out this site for any phone made by HTC of Taiwan. (Open your battery case and look at the manufacturer).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/front_page.php

Good pimping baby!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: