Exclusive: 50 Cent & Puffy Ends Beef
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Exclusive: 50 Cent & Puffy Ends Beef

50 Cent and Sean "Diddy" Combs ended their feud Wednesday after mutual acquaintances of the two moguls persuaded them to end their beef, official sources said.

Sources close to the negotiations told AllHipHop.com that the two spoke in person last night (Sept. 6) about their verbal jabs at each other on upcoming albums and mixtapes.

"We are definitely doing a 'cease fire,'" Chris Lighty, CEO of Violator Management, told AllHipHop.com.

According to sources, 50 Cent's complaint with Combs emerged after the Bad Boy mogul refused to release Bad Boy recording artist Mase from contractual binds so that he could sign to 50 Cent's G-Unit imprint.

50 Cent lashed out at Combs on Hip-Hop Is Dead: G-Unit Radio Part 22, a new mixtape.

Who shot Biggie Smalls/If we don't get them they're gonna kill us all/Man, Puffy know who hit that ni**a, man, that n***a saw him/He's scared 'dem boys from the West Side will break him off, jump on his ass,so he run to Harlem to shake 'em off," 50 Cent raps on the song "Hip-Hop.

Elsewhere on the mixtape, the track called "Get Down," featuring Tony Yayo and Hot Rod, finds 50 Cent taking more jabs at Combs.

However, an unreleased version of the intro track to Combs' upcoming album Press Play began circulating the internet, leading to speculation that Diddy's yelling of "I'm richer, b***h!" on the song was directed at 50 Cent.

Sources said that the track was recorded before Combs' and 50's beef went public. In an interview with Hot 97's Funkmaster Flex, Combs downplayed the turmoil between himself and 50.

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6111
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, thank goodness.

Now I can get on with my life.
Billy_Blanko
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Now if only they would end their respective careers
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Didnt they get into it like last week? Flash beef?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

OK! Terrific....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I've got beef with both of them too. They both suck.

I don't intend on calling any cease fires.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

I'm sick of 50. But I hate Puffy even more. I refuse to sport SeanJean.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

whew, now that that's out of the way all 50 has to do is get some talent.
KB8daDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The funniest thing about their so-called beef...they were fighting over Mase!!!

I can already see how their convo went...

50: GGGGG...G-unit!! I wuz jus winda shoppin at da candy shop fo Mase!! Watch out Puff it's fina pop off!

Puff: Uh-huh...yeah...that's right...take that! Take that! Bad boy 4 life...it's the remix!!
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

And in other news, a university student claims to have found that the average IQ of rappers is significantly lower than that of dolphins.
Although no actual calculation was done to prove this, he claims that it is clear just by observing their behavior on VH1 or MTV or whatever the hell music fans watch these days.
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
And in other news, a university student claims to have found that the average IQ of rappers is significantly lower than that of dolphins.
Although no actual calculation was done to prove this, he claims that it is clear just by observing their behavior on VH1 or MTV or whatever the hell music fans watch these days.

You'd be glad to know that some of these rappers have degrees. Puffy graduated from Howard University while David Banner graduated from Mississippi State with a BA in Business Management.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

its 50!!!!!
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:

You'd be glad to know that some of these rappers have degrees. Puffy graduated from Howard University while David Banner graduated from Mississippi State with a BA in Business Management.

You don't say!
Those are some great schools known for their intellectual distinction indeed.
Certainly those degrees will get you to positions among leaders of the world.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Man you see this kind of (bleep) and then you see that next wednesday, Tupac will be dead for 10 years. It makes me sad for Rap music.
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:

You don't say!

Maybe not, but they are certainly making millions more than you are with your degree.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:

You don't say!

Maybe not, but they are certainly making millions more than you are with your degree.

^^ haha. ouch. Who's saying they want to be 'among leaders of the world' anyway? I have a similar degree and can't complain about where it's got me so far. Don't be a "hater"...
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

I cant wait for The Game's album WESTSIIIIDE!!!!!

November 7 pick up the doctor's advocate
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
I cant wait for The Game's album WESTSIIIIDE!!!!!

November 7 pick up the doctor's advocate

Itll be cool but itll never top Laugh Now, Cry Later by Ice Cube, best album of the year.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm sick to death of these guys being the face of rap. As an art form, rap can be very cool. The mixture of good, relevant poetry with a tasty beat is quite nice, even to a middle-aged white guy like me. Like any form of art, there are very few who excel at it, the rest getting by on cheap pop theatrics. It's hard to watch guys like 50 and puffy, who obviously have nothing useful to say, instead focus on misogyny and crass depictions of stereotypes that a lot of great people have fought (and died) to erase from the public perception. And they're the ones who succeed.....

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Big Money wrote:
shnjb wrote:

You don't say!

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:

Don't hate because these guys are better actors than the people on the movie screens. The majority of them are very intelligent people who know how to make money. In rap you have to act kinda thugish and ignorant. The problem is the audience contains real thugs and ignorant people who don't know / understand it's an act.

You would beef over Mase too if you knew it was gonna put $2-3 million in your pockets.

I am a rap artist and I take your statement personal because it is simply not true. Business is business and as much as I hate it; sex, violence, ignorance and thug stuff sells. Intelligent speaking artist don't get love from the fans, radio or labels and to quote DJ Quik, "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.".

Blame the watered down education system that trains the youth to be non-thinking sheep. Don't expect an artist of any type (music, painting, etc...) to just be broke and make "good music" or it's counterparts.

If you disagee, I ask what have you done in your every day work life to change how corporate America has shaped our country? It's really a case of survival.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
shnjb wrote:

Don't hate because these guys are better actors than the people on the movie screens. The majority of them are very intelligent people who know how to make money. In rap you have to act kinda thugish and ignorant. The problem is the audience contains real thugs and ignorant people who don't know / understand it's an act.

You would beef over Mase too if you knew it was gonna put $2-3 million in your pockets.

I am a rap artist and I take your statement personal because it is simply not true. Business is business and as much as I hate it; sex, violence, ignorance and thug stuff sells. Intelligent speaking artist don't get love from the fans, radio or labels and to quote DJ Quik, "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.".

Blame the watered down education system that trains the youth to be non-thinking sheep. Don't expect an artist of any type (music, painting, etc...) to just be broke and make "good music" or it's counterparts.

If you disagee, I ask what have you done in your every day work life to change how corporate America has shaped our country? It's really a case of survival.

Psydeshow, thanks for sharing your thoughts. At the risk of being preachy, allow me to respond:

I left a successful and lucrative career in the Medical Insurance field to work in organic food, specializing in working with small US farmers, and fair trade, socially responsible relationships around the world. I have pulled most of the money I invested in the stock market to "put my money where my mouth is". I drive a small, used, fuel-efficient car, and shop at local and socially responsible businesses wherever possible.

I have also published several poems (no money in that!), and am working on a novel. I wouldn't think for a minute of changing what i have to say or contribute even if I knew it would guarantee financial success.

All of this because a great mentor of mine (now dead), took the time to tell me what I consider a great truth. He said that as we grow older, it is more important to think of our lives as having meaning, and a positive impact on those we knew, than to have been financially successful. Money is a necessary thing, but a lot of it will still not buy time, nor will selling out our ideals and beliefs bring us any true comfort as we near the end of our time here.

Not trying to judge anyone with this post, your comments just compelled me to share.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
psydesho wrote:
shnjb wrote:

Psydeshow, thanks for sharing your thoughts. At the risk of being preachy, allow me to respond:

I left a successful and lucrative career in the Medical Insurance field to work in organic food, specializing in working with small US farmers, and fair trade, socially responsible relationships around the world. I have pulled most of the money I invested in the stock market to "put my money where my mouth is". I drive a small, used, fuel-efficient car, and shop at local and socially responsible businesses wherever possible.

I have also published several poems (no money in that!), and am working on a novel. I wouldn't think for a minute of changing what i have to say or contribute even if I knew it would guarantee financial success.

All of this because a great mentor of mine (now dead), took the time to tell me what I consider a great truth. He said that as we grow older, it is more important to think of our lives as having meaning, and a positive impact on those we knew, than to have been financially successful. Money is a necessary thing, but a lot of it will still not buy time, nor will selling out our ideals and beliefs bring us any true comfort as we near the end of our time here.

Not trying to judge anyone with this post, your comments just compelled me to share.

I appreciate your response and respect your actions. The truth your mentor graced you with is a cold reality. I realized it young and have thrived spriritually because of it, but it has cost me financially.

The reason I haven't personally made it big is because I refused to "sell out". In retrospect, I should have "sold out" and used the money for helping people and causes that make the world a bigger place. It's really sucks watching artist that you are better than make it, but it's also a choice and I made mine a long time ago. I would agree commercial music can be made without the misogony, hatred or violence (Will Smith), but you have to have a good amount of funds behind you to make some nice sales, especially when you are seen as a clean rapper.

I used to really put a lot of emphasis on the artist to make a difference but years later I have come to realize you can't sell records to people who aren't listening. When speaking about rap/hip-hop music there just isn't a lot of venues for an artist to get to the audience for those who trying to do responsible music. People are addicted to crap which is why the grocery stores sell out the paparazzi magazines, soap operas rule the airwaves and drama is what the news / media sells. Plus, the majority of "responsible" people don't listen to the art form for a numerous amount of reasons (culture, style, preferences, etc...).

For example - a friend of mine who is a fellow rap artist and myself go to an ASCAP meeting 2 years ago in L.A. The panel foreman who is a record executive straight out said the labels would no longer be developing rap artists. If you want a deal, make an album and prove you can sell 30,000 units through sound scan or don't bother. There will be no demos or proposals listened to at all. If you aren't capable of doing that don't bother.

At the same time these labels are farming the world for R&B/pop artists to develop and spend millions of money on. Yet Rap/Hip-Hop is the best selling genre in the world currently and has been for years.

While I believe in being responsible - the Underground - the part of rap/hip-hop that hates just about anything/everything mainstream - just doesn't support with record sales. It takes a lot of money and time to move 30,000 units and the standard 9-5 job most artists must have to survive just doesn't support the advertisement budget needed. Therefore if you want to achieve your goals/dreams you have to change up and go with the flow. It's a hell of a catch 22 and many artists drown while trying to swim upstream.

What it comes down to is money matters. You did well and were able to leave the mainstream and can now make a difference. I have done well because I refused to be a struggling artist and went and got myself a career outside of music which is lucrative. Others aren't so lucky. I hate to say it because it sounds like an excuse but there are limited opportunities for a lot of people and many of those who get the opportunites don't have the skill sets to take advantage of them. It's the American Way and it has a name in economics - Capitalism.

I encourage you on your journeys and would like to converse with you more on a lot of the situations the people of the world are facing.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
24 wrote:
psydesho wrote:
shnjb wrote:

I appreciate your response and respect your actions. The truth your mentor graced you with is a cold reality. I realized it young and have thrived spriritually because of it, but it has cost me financially.

The reason I haven't personally made it big is because I refused to "sell out". In retrospect, I should have "sold out" and used the money for helping people and causes that make the world a bigger place. It's really sucks watching artist that you are better than make it, but it's also a choice and I made mine a long time ago. I would agree commercial music can be made without the misogony, hatred or violence (Will Smith), but you have to have a good amount of funds behind you to make some nice sales, especially when you are seen as a clean rapper.

I used to really put a lot of emphasis on the artist to make a difference but years later I have come to realize you can't sell records to people who aren't listening. When speaking about rap/hip-hop music there just isn't a lot of venues for an artist to get to the audience for those who trying to do responsible music. People are addicted to crap which is why the grocery stores sell out the paparazzi magazines, soap operas rule the airwaves and drama is what the news / media sells. Plus, the majority of "responsible" people don't listen to the art form for a numerous amount of reasons (culture, style, preferences, etc...).

For example - a friend of mine who is a fellow rap artist and myself go to an ASCAP meeting 2 years ago in L.A. The panel foreman who is a record executive straight out said the labels would no longer be developing rap artists. If you want a deal, make an album and prove you can sell 30,000 units through sound scan or don't bother. There will be no demos or proposals listened to at all. If you aren't capable of doing that don't bother.

At the same time these labels are farming the world for R&B/pop artists to develop and spend millions of money on. Yet Rap/Hip-Hop is the best selling genre in the world currently and has been for years.

While I believe in being responsible - the Underground - the part of rap/hip-hop that hates just about anything/everything mainstream - just doesn't support with record sales. It takes a lot of money and time to move 30,000 units and the standard 9-5 job most artists must have to survive just doesn't support the advertisement budget needed. Therefore if you want to achieve your goals/dreams you have to change up and go with the flow. It's a hell of a catch 22 and many artists drown while trying to swim upstream.

What it comes down to is money matters. You did well and were able to leave the mainstream and can now make a difference. I have done well because I refused to be a struggling artist and went and got myself a career outside of music which is lucrative. Others aren't so lucky. I hate to say it because it sounds like an excuse but there are limited opportunities for a lot of people and many of those who get the opportunites don't have the skill sets to take advantage of them. It's the American Way and it has a name in economics - Capitalism.

I encourage you on your journeys and would like to converse with you more on a lot of the situations the people of the world are facing.

Thanks for the perspective and the respect. Life is a journey of learning, Glad to meet you on the path.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: