So... I was the victim of racism today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: So... I was the victim of racism today

I was driving to work in the number 4 lane on the 57 freeway this morning going about (75 MPH) <~~traffic was moderately high. supposedly I was going too slow for the tailgater behind me. On numerous occasions he tried to speed up and pass me but there was always another vehicle in his way. finally the a-hole did manage to pass me and while he was doing that he rolled down the window extended his middle finger just to call me an effin "sand (bleep)"

maybe i shouldve moved to the number 3 lane to avoid conflict but i thought whatever... i was driving my limit and my car was in control. The racism part did bother me a little

Im Indian and my religion is hindu. I was born in East L.A. raised in Los ANgeles my whole life my parents came here from india and england in year 1970. But I guess all he saw is the brown skin with the big nose so i guess i had it coming.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

Sorry to hear that. And i'm sorry that there are idiots like that out there, but there is. Ive had some racists comment on me before. I just don't let it bother me its not my problem its theirs.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

it just bugs that people think like this.... I wish i can point a finger at someone!! like their parents or osama... or even bush... but i cant
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

Don't worry about it brotha. People like that will always get what they have coming to them.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

Be cool homie, hes just prolly an ignorant redneck mutha....
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

if i was you i would of called the cops on his ass. get his plates and report him. or i would have follwed him and beat his ass
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

That was you? Sorry, bro. My bad.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Be cool homie, hes just prolly an ignorant redneck mutha....

now wait a sec Airkobe, thats reverse racism. even if its in revenge.

now to the thread starter. That wasn't cool and No you didn't have it coming. But look at it on the bright side. The guy didn't pull out a gun. And you were actually going 75mph on a freeway aka a parking lot in L.A. You had a good day my friend.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

Seriously though, 999, that sucks. Ignorance is eternal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: So... I was the victim of racism today

Lakers999 wrote:
I was driving to work in the number 4 lane on the 57 freeway this morning going about (75 MPH) <~~traffic was moderately high. supposedly I was going too slow for the tailgater behind me. On numerous occasions he tried to speed up and pass me but there was always another vehicle in his way. finally the a-hole did manage to pass me and while he was doing that he rolled down the window extended his middle finger just to call me an effin "sand (bleep)"

maybe i shouldve moved to the number 3 lane to avoid conflict but i thought whatever... i was driving my limit and my car was in control. The racism part did bother me a little

Im Indian and my religion is hindu. I was born in East L.A. raised in Los ANgeles my whole life my parents came here from india and england in year 1970. But I guess all he saw is the brown skin with the big nose so i guess i had it coming.

^^^Translation: Some idiot was tailgating me so I slowed down, and when he tried to pass me, I sped up. I did it multiple times. It was very amusing. I love messing with people who are in a hurry. He shouldn't have been tailgating me. When there was a break in the traffic, and he was able to get past me in spite of my speeding up, he gave me the finger and called me a sand n*****. People are jerks, aren't they?

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: So... I was the victim of racism today

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

^^^Translation: Some idiot was tailgating me so I slowed down, and when he tried to pass me, I sped up. I did it multiple times. It was very amusing. I love messing with people who are in a hurry. He shouldn't have been tailgating me. When there was a break in the traffic, and he was able to get past me in spite of my speeding up, he gave me the finger and called me a sand n*****. People are jerks, aren't they?

LMAO!!!!! yea!!! I knew it was you... im gonna kick your ass!!!!
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

LOL its all good.....
Billy_Blanko
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
if i was you i would have called the cops

Something makes me want to say that that is not necessarily the best course of action
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

One can only hope that the guy was on his way to work, and upon arriving, was notified that his job was outsourced to India.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
One can only hope that the guy was on his way to work, and upon arriving, was notified that his job was outsourced to India.

can you say, "GO POSTAL"?
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

NoMoreGame7s--you still have a job?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
24 wrote:

New screen name: NoMoreJob!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

DEY TOOK OUR JEEEBS!!!!!!
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
24 wrote:

LOL....I would love to bash on NoMoreGame7 about his job being outsourced but NOW i just found out that CalTrans (my office) has hired 3 more programmers from India on Student Visas in their grad programs.

Im a programmer and Ive always suspected myself getting replaced by one these nerds....but getting replaced by my own race really brought me to a new low
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

That's heavy man. Almost like a scene out of that movie Crash or something.

Don't let the haters get you down 999!
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

wow, just wow!

they called you a sand box?
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:
24 wrote:

LOL....I would love to bash on NoMoreGame7 about his job being outsourced but NOW i just found out that CalTrans (my office) has hired 3 more programmers from India on Student Visas in their grad programs.

Im a programmer and Ive always suspected myself getting replaced by one these nerds....but getting replaced by my own race really brought me to a new low

On the bright side, I'm sure you'd look good in an orange vest!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I didn't even know that was a saying for poking fun at Indians. I thought it "Paki".

Sucks dude. Personally I try my best to keep people in check over racist comments.

My friends here are from various backgrounds and I have gotten into a number of fights over people saying racist remarks. The most recent when I got a bunch of people thrown out of a fast food chain for making that paki comment at one of my buds (Ironically he is from Arab descent and not even Indian/Paklistani). Well the manager had no choice. I gave her two options. Kick them out or we do it for her and couldn't care less if they called the cops.

Really can't stand racists. Especially in what is supposed to be a much more civilised and educated part of the world (North America)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I was playing ball the other day and some dumb kid I was pwning called me a "Damn Sweaty Iraqi". Of course I'm Jewish but its still lame.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:
24 wrote:

On the bright side, I'm sure you'd look good in an orange vest!

har har har
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: