Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Freakout wrote:
TACH wrote:
Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Also, people here at LG should know better. We're constantly defending Kobe from this type of media spewage, so to now assume this is true because the media says so is highly hypocritical.

Kobe also has never displayed bizarre behavior as T.O. has, so you can't say the symptons weren't there for this to possible have happened.

If you listen to the media, Kobe's displayed all sorts of outlandish behavior too, but I'd like to think that most people can differentiate between fantasy and reality. I've never witnessed firsthand any questionable behavior from either Kobe or TO, which is why I give both of them the benefit of the doubt.
Examples?

Yup, I'm really curious. The initial police report wasn't that damaging for Kobe. Then again we're trying to talk to someone that just said he has never seen any questionable behavior from TO.......

Dominator must think Ron Artest is just misunderstood as well.

I've never seen any weird behavior from TO because I'm not a football fan and I don't follow the guy. It just didn't sound right when I heard that he tried to commit suicide. For starters, if he had really taken 35 vicodin pills it wouldn't be physically possible for him to be practicing the next afternoon, which he was. And now that Dallas police are classifying the case as an accidental overdose and NOT a suicide attempt it looks like you were wrong all along.

Depends on how fast they got his stomach pumped.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

^^^even if u had your stomach pumped, there is no way he wouldve been able to make practice that soon.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Didn't the hospital say they never pumped his stomach, that it was a rumor.... I'm thinking if they did, they won't have released him that night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Check out the 911 tape transripts:

Quote:
DALLAS -- A transcript of the 41-second call from Terrell Owens' publicist Kim Etheredge to 911 on Tuesday night:

Kim Etheredge: "Hi, I have an emergency please."

911 operator: "You need the police out there?"

Etheredge: "I need an ambulance please."

911 operator: "Let me give you the paramedics."

Etheredge: "Thank you."

911 operator: "Stay on the line."

Paramedic: (Garbled) "Dallas Fire."

Etheredge: "Hi. Hi I need an ambulance please, immediately."

Paramedic: "OK. What's your address?"

Etheredge: (gives address, crying)

Paramedic: "What's wrong?"

Etheredge: "I think he took too many pills. Please. Now. (Garbled) What do I do if the pills are down the throat?"

Paramedic: "OK. What's your phone number? We are already on the way now, ma'am. What's your phone number?"

Etheredge: "Oh God!"

Paramedic: "What's your phone number?"

Etheredge: (Deleted)

Paramedic: "Is that 214?"

Etheredge: "Yes."

Paramedic: "OK. Is he still breathing?"

Etheredge: "Yes."

Paramedic: "OK, we're on the way there, ma'am."

Etheredge: "Thank you. Thank you."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

And the cops are now calling it an 'accidental overdose'... talk about your back pedaling:

Article
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
I've never seen any weird behavior from TO because I'm not a football fan and I don't follow the guy

2 things then:

1 - If you don't follow him, how can you even comment on this topic?

2 - How can you claim you've never seen him display any bizarre behavior when you don't even follow him to even see if he does or doesn't display bizarre behavior?

1. I was commenting on the attempted suicide allegations which were clearly ridiculous and have now been proven false. I don't need to be familiar with his past behavior to know that what I was hearing was typical media embellishment. And hey, guess what? I was right.

2. You answered your own question
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
I've never seen any weird behavior from TO because I'm not a football fan and I don't follow the guy

2 things then:

2 - How can you claim you've never seen him display any bizarre behavior when you don't even follow him to even see if he does or doesn't display bizarre behavior?

1. I was commenting on the attempted suicide allegations which were clearly ridiculous and have now been proven false. I don't need to be familiar with his past behavior to know that what I was hearing was typical media embellishment. And hey, guess what? I was right.

Nice try, but it doesn't work that way.

You can't pass judgment on someone in which you don't follow or aren't familiar with. You're not qualifed to say either way what that person is capable of doing or not doing. You assumed what this person was capable of doing without the knowledge of that person and now you think you're right? So now all of a sudden you believe the cops and the media? Why? Because that's the way YOU saw the event? Explain.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

2 things then:

You can't pass judgment on someone in which you don't follow or aren't familiar with. You're not qualifed to say either way what that person is capable of doing or not doing. You assumed what this person was capable of doing without the knowledge of that person and now you think you're right? So now all of a sudden you believe the cops and the media? Why? Because that's the way YOU saw the event? Explain.

hey Lux, give Dom a break. we're talking about TO. not Dom. and as stated the allegations were false because the media and probably the cops(that watch football) over did it. the thing is, because you know TO is a distraction type of guy with a questionable childhood. would it be feasible to assume this just might be possibly a suicide attempt? Sure. NOw why is the media quick to call it that? A. to get the man help ASAP or B. to get the drama going ? Well you know its B. some of his family/friends and even some of the media's individual guys that are genuine people. care about others. so they would also want him to get help ASAP. instead of hear about him taking himself out some other day.

but we all know the media always choses B. I mean Always. and thats a crying shame. now maybe he is thinking about Jumping off the bridge. becuase half of america is trying to call him a suicidal case based on mostly Football issues he had with his previous teams. FOOTBALL ISSUES. not drugs. Not drunk driving, not slappin his wife or girlfriend. FOOTBALL ISSUES. most people dont even know about the man's childhood stuff.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

2 things then:

The point you seem to be missing is that I'm passing judgement on the situation, not the person. TO may very well be a wacko, but that's irrelevant. If something sounds ridiculous, it sounds ridiculous. I don't need the media to tell me what happened. I'm capable enough of forming my opinion based on what I read about the situation. I believe the cops and media now because I prefer to let things unfold rather than jumping to hasty conclusions. After a more thorough investigation the police determined that he wasn't actually trying to kill himself, which is what I suspected all along. Oh, and you still haven't explained how it's possible for TO to be practicing less than 24 hours after ingesting 35 vicodin.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Dominator wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

2 things then:

The point you seem to be missing is that I'm passing judgement on the situation, not the person. TO may very well be a wacko, but that's irrelevant. If something sounds ridiculous, it sounds ridiculous. I don't need the media to tell me what happened. I'm capable enough of forming my opinion based on what I read about the situation. I believe the cops and media now because I prefer to let things unfold rather than jumping to hasty conclusions. After a more thorough investigation the police determined that he wasn't actually trying to kill himself, which is what I suspected all along. Oh, and you still haven't explained how it's possible for TO to be practicing less than 24 hours after ingesting 35 vicodin.

Dude, your logic is all twisted.

See, you can't pass judgment without looking at EVERY angle to base your judgment on - you can, but it would be foolish to do so. To say that you don't even follow T.O. but you are POSITIVE he couldn't have done it, and that it's ALL MEDIA HYPE, is ridiculous all to itself. It's reckless thinking actually.

As for T.O. "practicing after taking 35 vicodin," first off, I never said he DID try and take his life. All I said was that the behavior/symptoms were there for something like that to happen. Now, how did I come to that conclusion? I used what I SAW from T.O. and THEN deduced that he could possibly be a headcase to warrant suicidal tendencies.

Simply put, I used logic, unlike you, not just "I don't believe the media" as your sole basis of your conclusion, especially without even following T.O.'s previous antics.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I've been observing how some highly regarded sports commentators have been discussing the T.O. situation. I think many of these commentators reveal their lack of sensitivity. Many do not have a clue, as to what they may be dealing with... I suppose the same is true, when the media deals with any celebrity, or professional athlete.

The media is often more focused on "milking" a story, to keep people interested.... Ultimately, it relates to advertising, and selling products. The more people you can hypnotize, the more they will listen and view the commercials. It doesn't matter, that someone may be going through some kind of tortuous, painful experience.

The media should recognize the grave responsibilities, inherent in the profitable relationship with professional athletes. There are certain areas, of anyone's life, which we should not invade. I can see where T.O. is a very sensitive person, that might be easily affected, by the mood, and mindset, with which the media reports various aspects of his life. The media holds dangerous powers, which can slant things in a very negative, or positive direction.

We can sympathize, and understand, what T.O. is going through, respect his privacy, and help him get through it... We can also amplify all negative aspects of a situation, and demonize T.O., as a constant troublemaker and .headcase.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: