NOVEMBER 1st LAKERSGROUND.net MEET
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: NOVEMBER 1st LAKERSGROUND.net MEET

[/b]HI Everyone... Im organizing a meet Wednesday November 1st for the Lakers first away opener.... they are playing Golden State.

WHY am I doing this? becuase you guys are my second family and I need new friends

LOCATION: Fox Sports Grill, Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, California

WHY this Location? becuase you do not need a table you can stand at the bar and watch the game on the Big Screen and Drink yourself stunted.

TIME: 6:30

WHY one hour early? Because living in LoS Angeles all my life I know how long it takes to find parking, park, walk to the Sprectrum guide, look for FSG, walk around in circles trying to find FSG, and then finally meeting your crowd! After doing all this you should be just in time for tip off

OPPONENT: Goldent State

WHY THIS GAME? Becuause the traffic is less on Wednesday and its the Lakers first away opener.

AFTER THE GAME WE CAN GO TO THE TITTY BAR

[b]I WANT YOUR FEED BACK
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

mods can you sticky this for me please
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: NOVEMBER 1st LAKERSGROUND.net MEET

Lakers999 wrote:
[/b]HI Everyone... Im organizing a meet Wednesday November 1st for the Lakers first away opener.... they are playing Golden State.

WHY am I doing this? becuase you guys are my second family and I need new friends

LOCATION: Fox Sports Grill, Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, California

WHY this Location? becuase you do not need a table you can stand at the bar and watch the game on the Big Screen and Drink yourself stunted.

TIME: 6:30

WHY one hour early? Because living in LoS Angeles all my life I know how long it takes to find parking, park, walk to the Sprectrum guide, look for FSG, walk around in circles trying to find FSG, and then finally meeting your crowd! After doing all this you should be just in time for tip off

OPPONENT: Goldent State

WHY THIS GAME? Becuause the traffic is less on Wednesday and its the Lakers first away opener.

AFTER THE GAME WE CAN GO TO THE TITTY BAR

[b]I WANT YOUR FEED BACK

Wish I could come bro. I'd love to meet the mind behind all those obscenely funny posts. You'll have to have a beer for me
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, but driving to Irvine + drinking myself stunted = me getting signed by the Bengals as a midseason replacement.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Sorry, but driving to Irvine + drinking myself stunted = me getting signed by the Bengals as a midseason replacement.

carpool?
tk421
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Yah Irvine isnt exactly near to me unfortunately.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll try to make it!
lakermax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm don't drink. But I eat! Send this out again late Oct. I live in OC so I can probably make it.
O'Doyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

All I read was:

The Titty Bar

Are you guys gonna be wearing your LG nametags or what? That would be great!!! , I want a nametag that reads, "O'Doyle Rules!" ! Anyway, I'll see if I can make it out there, I don't drink much either but I'll see. Very good idea though man, seems well thought out !
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

OMG TITTY BAR? i'm there.
O'Doyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 really sells his products the right way!!!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

are you going to have name tags??
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

we can have name tags but i was thinking everyone just wear laker gear, such as jersey, hats, t-shirts, shorts, panties, shoes etc.... anything laker related just wear it.... Thats how we will recognize each other. and then we will introduce each other.....

This is JUST an Idea..... I can prolly change the venue to ESPN zone in DT disney...
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Here's a suggestion: I organized a get-together for the Lakers' Usenet newsgroup that met at that very same restaurant. I went in a few days ahead of time and talked to them about what they could do to arrange space for a large group. She basically just said, "get here early and stake out space." So I did, the bar filled up with partrons, and I fought them all off with "sorry, this space is taken." Eventually there was no more space for new people elsewhere in the bar, and the manager came over. He tried to get me to give up the space, and I told him absolutely not -- I had more people coming. He said, "you can't stake out that much space," and I told him, "this is exactly what your hostess said to do." He said, "you should have arranged with us ahead of time," and I said, "that's exactly what I did. I came here a few days ago, asked what you guys could do for a large group, and this is exactly what she told me to do." He said, "if we had advance notice, we could have reserved a separate room for you." I said, "Advance notice? I came her three days ago and asked what you could do. She didn't even mention that as a possibility -- she said the only thing I can do is come in early and stake out space. If you have a room available now, I'll be happy to take it." He gave it to me.

So the moral of the story is:

1. That place has rooms available, which are nice for groups of people. They'll bring in a couple of big-screen plasmas, give you your own servers, etc.

2. Not everybody there knows about it, so be sure to ask about it. Ask for the manager if the person you're talking to isn't helpful.

The room we had is right off the main bar, sorta the first door on the left if you go down the long hallway that leads to the other end of the restaurant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Here's a suggestion: I organized a get-together for the Lakers' Usenet newsgroup that met at that very same restaurant. I went in a few days ahead of time and talked to them about what they could do to arrange space for a large group. She basically just said, "get here early and stake out space." So I did, the bar filled up with partrons, and I fought them all off with "sorry, this space is taken." Eventually there was no more space for new people elsewhere in the bar, and the manager came over. He tried to get me to give up the space, and I told him absolutely not -- I had more people coming. He said, "you can't stake out that much space," and I told him, "this is exactly what your hostess said to do." He said, "you should have arranged with us ahead of time," and I said, "that's exactly what I did. I came here a few days ago, asked what you guys could do for a large group, and this is exactly what she told me to do." He said, "if we had advance notice, we could have reserved a separate room for you." I said, "Advance notice? I came her three days ago and asked what you could do. She didn't even mention that as a possibility -- she said the only thing I can do is come in early and stake out space. If you have a room available now, I'll be happy to take it." He gave it to me.

So the moral of the story is:

1. That place has rooms available, which are nice for groups of people. They'll bring in a couple of big-screen plasmas, give you your own servers, etc.

2. Not everybody there knows about it, so be sure to ask about it. Ask for the manager if the person you're talking to isn't helpful.

The room we had is right off the main bar, sorta the first door on the left if you go down the long hallway that leads to the other end of the restaurant.

Knowing we could get our own room helps intice me to make that grueling drive from the IE to the OC in the nightmare we call gridlock. Thank god I set up my own schedule. May be I'll go see that new broker in Newport that day? Hmmm.

Laker panties? I could never get my wife to wear them, but I might buy some for her anyways.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
we can have name tags but i was thinking everyone just wear laker gear, such as jersey, hats, t-shirts, shorts, panties, shoes etc.... anything laker related just wear it.... Thats how we will recognize each other. and then we will introduce each other.....

This is JUST an Idea..... I can prolly change the venue to ESPN zone in DT disney...

Thanks man, I was worried you guys wouldn't accept me. I'll be the guy wearing a purple and gold g-string with his goods hanging out. See you there!
O'Doyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

Thanks man, I was worried you guys wouldn't accept me. I'll be the guy wearing a purple and gold g-string with his goods hanging out. See you there!

*Prays - Please don't play the thong song, please God don't play the thong song!!!*
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

O'Doyle wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

*Prays - Please don't play the thong song, please God don't play the thong song!!!*

Ooh dat ziggy so scandalous
And ya know another poster couldn't handle it
See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish
With a look in ya eye so devilish

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
O'Doyle wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Nov 1? That's almost my birthday. If someone wants to put me up for a few nights and drive me around, I'll be there.

(now I have to look into airfare)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I vote for something closer to los angeles...i mean we are the la lakers..not the irvine lakers..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Seegrams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I live down the road,I'll put it on calendar - see ya'll there !
O'Doyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
O'Doyle wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

P&G twigs and berries?
O'Doyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

He's gonna bust the Criss Cross and wear that ish Backwards.... *Shudders*

Jump Jump!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: