BSPN bias - Whitlock fired for not toeing company line (Laker poll)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is JA Ad*nd* a sellout/traitor?
Yes, his lips are firmly attached to some BSPN suit's butt.
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
No, he's completely fair and unbiased
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Are you kidding? The entire Times' staff sucks!
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: BSPN bias - Whitlock fired for not toeing company line (Laker poll)

Jason Whitlock was canned by BSPN for not joining in the frenzy:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/15608294.htm

Quote:
I told the blog that Lupica and Joe Valerio, the producer of “The Sports Reporters,” had become disenchanted with me because I would not join in the crusade to portray Barry Bonds as the baseball anti-Christ. I’m not a Bonds fan and don’t think all that much of his recent accomplishments. But a life spent competing in sports and writing about sports has made me uninterested in pretending that Bonds is the real villain in the steroids mess. And I have zero tolerance for when people try to censor my ability to state fair opinions

It's been my opinion for a good, long while that J.A. Ad*nd* of the LA T*m*s goes on BSPN and bashes Kobe strictly to "fit in" and collect a BSPN check. For those of you who are Black - he's strictly a house negro.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

That link SUCKS!!!

Two things that bugs me, first they nag you to sign up for their site and second, they have an advertising link that WON'T LOAD, and the page won't come up until the ad does!!

BIG ZERO OF A SITE!!
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BSPN bias - Whitlock fired for not toeing company line (Laker poll)

Dr. Laker wrote:
Jason Whitlock was canned by BSPN for not joining in the frenzy:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/15608294.htm

Quote:
I told the blog that Lupica and Joe Valerio, the producer of “The Sports Reporters,” had become disenchanted with me because I would not join in the crusade to portray Barry Bonds as the baseball anti-Christ. I’m not a Bonds fan and don’t think all that much of his recent accomplishments. But a life spent competing in sports and writing about sports has made me uninterested in pretending that Bonds is the real villain in the steroids mess. And I have zero tolerance for when people try to censor my ability to state fair opinions

It's been my opinion for a good, long while that J.A. Ad*nd* of the LA T*m*s goes on BSPN and bashes Kobe strictly to "fit in" and collect a BSPN check. For those of you who are Black - he's strictly a house negro.

jason Whitlock also made a career out of bashing Kobe. Lupica, Bob Ryan and Dan Le (bleep) are also some of the biggest kobe haters around. I am glad to see at least one of them is gone. As far as Adande being an Uncle Tom. I am not sure that is the case. He is/was a Shaq groupie that much is true. Right now him and Kobe are still feeling eachother out. I expect better articles to come from Adande in the future.

The Kobe hating iron curtain may finally be falling!
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Feeling each other out? You lost me there. Kobe don't need to reach out to any of them.
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Plaschke makes Adande look like the greatest writer on the planet. At least Simers is funny on occasion. Plaschke is off his friggin' rocker and his articles are nauseating. Especially when it comes to the Dodgers.

AL.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Feeling each other out? You lost me there. Kobe don't need to reach out to any of them.

I think he was trying to say that Adande hasn't really taken much of a stance on him yet and is somewhat neutral (which i would disagree with). I don't think he meant that Kobe was looking for his approval.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

The link has nothing to do with the Lakers.

People blowing a gasket over ESPN is getting very tired.

Moving to off-topic (was tempted to lock).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BSPN bias - Whitlock fired for not toeing company line (Laker poll)

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

jason Whitlock also made a career out of bashing Kobe. Lupica, Bob Ryan and Dan Le (bleep) are also some of the biggest kobe haters around. I am glad to see at least one of them is gone. As far as Adande being an Uncle Tom. I am not sure that is the case. He is/was a Shaq groupie that much is true. Right now him and Kobe are still feeling eachother out. I expect better articles to come from Adande in the future.

I'll say. Whitlock was one of the worst Kobe bashers in the media, especially during his trial and tumultuous season before Shaq left. I think that's how he elevated himself from being a guest Page 2 columnist to getting his chunky mug on TV.

I'm getting a good laugh out of seeing media vultures preying on each other. I've said for awhile now the media (especially sports) have been trying to become as big as the celebrities they're supposed to be reporting on.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: BSPN bias - Whitlock fired for not toeing company line (Laker poll)

numero-ocho wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I'll say. Whitlock was one of the worst Kobe bashers in the media, especially during his trial and tumultuous season before Shaq left. I think that's how he elevated himself from being a guest Page 2 columnist to getting his chunky mug on TV.

I'm getting a good laugh out of seeing media vultures preying on each other. I've said for awhile now the media (especially sports) have been trying to become as big as the celebrities they're supposed to be reporting on.

Absolutely, these media guys nowadays fancy themselves as mini celebrities. Shows like ATH and PTI only further their cause. Why do Woody Paige and Skip Bayless wear so much makeup? Why does Steven A have a bodyguard? Why does Plaschke have an agent? Pseudo celebrities, it is laughable really. There is a reason God made them writers, their faces are too ugly for television.

To clarify my Adande statement: Adande was a Shaq guy whom kobe wrote off. He in turn hitched his trailer to Shaq and ignored Kobe and did so successfully for 7 years. Now he needs Kobe, but kobe at this point doesnt really trust him. It takes a while to gain Kobes trust. Jim Gray had it and lost it, as did TJ Simers. Rick Bucher had it and still does do this day. Stephen A just got it recently. Kobe is learning to work with old JA but it will take some time before JA is writing love stories about Kobe like he did about Shaq. Plaschke on the other hand went too far with his kobe hate and he may never be in the lakers good graces again--or at least until kobe leaves.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

I shed no tears for that fat-a$$ Whitlock, effing Al Rocker look-a-like before Al got the stomach surgery. The things he's written about Kobe in the past are so over the line....

Example
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106558
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: