Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

What is this "extended" roster you keep talking about?
LawyerShawn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

F the Mets.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Huh?

I meant, "Cut McKie. Let Mihm waste away on the IR. Sign Pinnock or Green in McKie's spot."
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:

jbjb wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
Ataris_PunK wrote:
^ Mihm isn't expected to be out long.

and some other people should read the WHOLE post - i am basing this possibility only IF Mihm is "inactive" and McKie is bought out, meaning Mihm would of course be on the roster but "inactive" and another spot would be open because of McKie being gone.....

Mihm being "inactive" does NOT open up a roster spot. So who do you give up for him? Pinnock? Green? Even with McKie gone M'diaye has to beat out one of them. Neither Douthit or N'diaye have a snowball's chance in ... of making this team.

of course Mihm being inactive doesn't open a roster spot and as i just said when he is healthy and active N'diaye is no longer active and possibly even cut depending on his potential performances.....

i'm not campaigning for N'diaye or think he is some stud or anything, not by a longshot, just looking at the cards being dealth and what the Lakers have and don't have is all...

meaning i don't see how Pinnock, Wafer and even Green can beat out Kobe, Smush, Evans, Sasha, Williams (and Farmar) to make the team as guards with so many vets in front of them and Lamar and Luke doing ball-handling as well......people might be surprised in the end about who is camp fodder and whos not.....and for the record i give Green the ebst shot of all those guys to make the team as swingman
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:

Green however is still a chance IMHO to make the extended roster with Farmar and possibly have both playing in the NBDL with the D-Fenders (maybe even Ronny too at times?)

What is this extended roster you keep talking about?

There are 15 roster spots. Period! No extended Roster. The D-Fenders are not an extended Laker roster.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

jbjb wrote:

the active 12, plus as many as 3 extras......

ie. something potentially IMHO along the lines of:

1 Kobe
2 Lamar
3 Kwame
4 Vlad Rad
5 Smush
6 Luke
7 Mihm * (potentially inactive injury report at start of season)
8 Evans
9 Williams
10 Cook
11 Bynum
12 Vujacic

13 Turiaf (NBDL or inactive injury report)
14 Farmar (NBDL or inactive injury report)
15 N'diaye (inactive) or Green (NBDL or inactive injury report)

thats what i'm talking about, with McKie cut and Pinnock, Wafer, (maybe Green or N'diaye), Douthit and anyone else cut

maybe i just have different ideas about where and how the "great" JR Pinnock and Von Wafer etc can fit on this team????

Last edited by LakeShow06 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

jbjb wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

Green however is still a chance IMHO to make the extended roster with Farmar and possibly have both playing in the NBDL with the D-Fenders (maybe even Ronny too at times?)

There are 15 roster spots. Period! No extended Roster. The D-Fenders are not an extended Laker roster.

read my next post, the concept is not too difficult
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
jbjb wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

read my next post, the concept is not too difficult

Like you said 15 is the roster. Your earlier posts made me think that you thought there was some additional place you could stash players.

So you'd rather keep N'diaye over Green, Pinnock or Wafer. I got it. Training camp will tell, but I'm betting Green or Pinnock show potential value that will outweigh N'diaye's experience. And none of them stay unless McKie gets bought out.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jbjb,

now your feeling me and picking up what i'm putting down and no i never meant at any stage anything outside of the 15

essentially yes, i'm saying i think there is a chance that N'diaye may be kept over guys like Pinnock, Wafer etc and yes as i have numerous times it all depends on McKie getting cut anyway (read first post)

just my thoughts and opinion and yes training camp will tell.....
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't say that N'diaye is fodder alone. I'd think that he has a shot of making the roster if there were serious injuries to 1 or more likely 2 big men. I think if Kwame were to get hurt for a signifigant amount of time, they'd package McKie, a guard and a pick for an average big (maybe with a long term contract). If they were hurting, they'd cut a guard to keep N'diaye or another.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Nah man, even witouht Mihm we still got Kwame/Turiaf/Bynum, no way that scrub makes the team.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:

N'diaye is there so that Brown and Bynum have someone to practice against while Mihm recovers. Once Mihm can practice, Mamadou is gone IMO.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
Quote:
1 Kobe
2 Lamar
3 Kwame
4 Vlad Rad
5 Smush
6 Luke
8 Evans
9 Williams
10 Cook
11 Bynum
12 Vujacic

As your list suggests, the Lakers are very deep this year talent wise as compared to years past.

I really think that either Green or Pinnock makes the 15 man roster which would negate N'diaye most likely, imo.

Current players under contract some non-guaranteed or options (listed in order of chances to make roster, imho):

1-Bryant G
2-Odom F
3-Kwame F/C
4-Radmanovic F
5-Mihm C
6-Bynum C
7-Parker G
8-Farmar G
9-Turiaf F
10-Walton F
11-Cook F
12-Vujacic G
13-Williams G
14-Evans G
15-Pinnock G
16-Green G
17-Douthit F
18-N'diaye C/F
19-Wafer G
20-McKie G

Centers-3, Forwards-7 (counting N'diaye here but not counting Kwame), Guards-10

As this list stands, imo, Pinnock, Green & Douthit are definitely on the bubble for the 15th spot.

I personally would like to see the Lakers keep at least 2 of these 3 players as I think they all have great potential.

Of course this is all supposing also that Mckie is somehow OFF the roster.

If Mckie is kept NONE of those 3 players make the team ugh!!

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?

LakeShow06 wrote:
* now there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan Famer will make the team, but i have doubt that he makes the opening "active roster" and may indeed be sent to the NBDL and be on full-time "call-up" for the Lakers

Where does this doubt come from?

Farmar will be on the roster and get minutes this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

hold on. Don't think for one minute that Mihm's current injury will allow N'diaye to make the roster. I'm saying that if there is a serious, as in out for the year, injury to at least one (if not 2) big men, that he may become an option. I don't think he makes it, but picture this...

Lets just say Kwame goes down, and Mihm is still on the mend for a few days or a week or two. I think it is more likely they make a trade, but I don't see the Lakers keeping a guy like Green or Pinnock if they are left with Turiaf and forced to play Bynum (ready or not). As much as Phil has made strides in playing his youngsters a bit more, he still will cover his but rather than keep a project. Again, I can't see N'diaye making the roster, I'm just thinking of any possible way he would.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
They did it because they needed bodies to fill out 3 practice teams. That's all.

I wonder if they told that kid that?
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
I'd rather go with a weak front-court, wait on Mihm, and extending an offer to either Pinnock or Green in McKie's place.

Once again, m_b...

Right on point, as usual.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

^ Totally agree as well.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
DanielWMathews
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
jbjb wrote:

the active 12, plus as many as 3 extras......

ie. something potentially IMHO along the lines of:

1 Kobe
2 Lamar
3 Kwame
4 Vlad Rad
5 Smush
6 Luke
8 Evans
9 Williams
10 Cook
11 Bynum
12 Vujacic

thats what i'm talking about, with McKie cut and Pinnock, Wafer, (maybe Green or N'diaye), Douthit and anyone else cut

maybe i just have different ideas about where and how the "great" JR Pinnock and Von Wafer etc can fit on this team????

there is no doubt in my mind that Turiaf will be on the active roster
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
They did it because they needed bodies to fill out 3 practice teams. That's all.

That makes the most sense to me too. He fills in for an injured Mihm in camp, but not the regular season.

PS. Where is Adam Parada these days? Anyone? If nothing else I'd like to see him get another crack at the Kings in the Oct 17 preseason game.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?

PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
* now there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan Famer will make the team, but i have doubt that he makes the opening "active roster" and may indeed be sent to the NBDL and be on full-time "call-up" for the Lakers

for a start i said opening roster, read the post before making assumptions

and the doubt mainly comes from the fact that he is a rookie under Phil with Kobe, Smush, Evans, Williams and Sasha in front of him currently and hell maybe still McKie even - oh and not to mention a certain Lamar Odom and also Luke Walton do a lot of ball-handling too

i'm not down on the kid and hope he does well and surprises people, but look i'm being realistic, some people are setting themselves up for a fall with this kid IMHO if they think he is gonna be starting and playing big minutes immediately cause i don't see how it can happen??
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

laugh it up, but it is very possible that one or both of these guys are on the "inactive" list a lot throughout the season, especially if Mihm is fit and Bynum is "active" and getting minutes at the same time

i mean ok N'diaye will probably not make it- it was just a thought, but people are really criticising me for trying to find room for an extra big (hell who needs any of those???) when the same people are syaing there is plenty of room and minutes for Farmar, Pinnock, Green, wafer etc.....it might be unfortunate but you can't keep 'em all guys....and even if you do keep a lot they all can't play at the same time - ala Farmar
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?

LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

for a start i said opening roster, read the post before making assumptions

and the doubt mainly comes from the fact that he is a rookie under Phil with Kobe, Smush, Evans, Williams and Sasha in front of him currently and hell maybe still McKie even - oh and not to mention a certain Lamar Odom and also Luke Walton do a lot of ball-handling too

i'm not down on the kid and hope he does well and surprises people, but look i'm being realistic, some people are setting themselves up for a fall with this kid IMHO if they think he is gonna be starting and playing big minutes immediately cause i don't see how it can happen??

I know what you meant. That's what I was saying. He will be on the opening day roster.

Maybe you should read better.

Sasha is being used as a 2 and has nothing to do with Farmar's playing time.

I will fall if I'm wrong! Oh no, I might fall! Ahhhh....

I watched the kid play, and he looked better than I ever thought he would.

Maybe you should actually watch the guys play some exhibition games before making your assumptions.

Last edited by PopcornMachine on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
I'd rather go with a weak front-court, wait on Mihm, and extending an offer to either Pinnock or Green in McKie's place.

Once again, m_b...

Right on point, as usual.

and thats fine (that is the opinion of many seemingly) it's really good if we wanna have another season like 04-05 and parts of 05-06 where front court depth cruelled the Lakers

with Kwame, Mihm and Bynum up front we have a great frontcourt with depth and versatility - a lot better than Mihm becoming a starter in 04-05 with no real back-up and Vlade, Slava and B Grant all injured and a lot better than last year with Mihm and Brown starting and basically just Brian Cook to back both of them up off the bench

so thats fine - go with a overflowing back court with fringe players fighting for minutes behind the best guard and player in the NBA and sacrafice the chance of winning with a shallow front court (with Mihm out)

don't let the small ball thing fool you - the big men are still very important and as much as it grates me Miami won more because of having Shaq and Alonzo than having Wade and Dallas got their mainly because of Dirk, Dampier and Diop up front

the front court needs to be strong......thats all i'm saying
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: