Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
13 Turiaf (NBDL or inactive injury report)
14 Farmar (NBDL or inactive injury report)

laugh it up, but it is very possible that one or both of these guys are on the "inactive" list a lot throughout the season, especially if Mihm is fit and Bynum is "active" and getting minutes at the same time

i mean ok N'diaye will probably not make it- it was just a thought, but people are really criticising me for trying to find room for an extra big (hell who needs any of those???) when the same people are syaing there is plenty of room and minutes for Farmar, Pinnock, Green, wafer etc.....it might be unfortunate but you can't keep 'em all guys....and even if you do keep a lot they all can't play at the same time - ala Farmar

Why on earth would Mamadou have any impact whatsoever on whether or not there would be minutes for the GUARDS that you listed?
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?

PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
* now there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan Famer will make the team, but i have doubt that he makes the opening "active roster" and may indeed be sent to the NBDL and be on full-time "call-up" for the Lakers

Where does this doubt come from?

Farmar will be on the roster and get minutes this season.

for a start i said opening roster, read the post before making assumptions

and the doubt mainly comes from the fact that he is a rookie under Phil with Kobe, Smush, Evans, Williams and Sasha in front of him currently and hell maybe still McKie even - oh and not to mention a certain Lamar Odom and also Luke Walton do a lot of ball-handling too

i'm not down on the kid and hope he does well and surprises people, but look i'm being realistic, some people are setting themselves up for a fall with this kid IMHO if they think he is gonna be starting and playing big minutes immediately cause i don't see how it can happen??

I know what you meant. That's what I was saying. He will be on the opening day roster.

Maybe you should read better.

Sasha is being used as a 2 and has nothing to do with Farmar's playing time.

I will fall if I'm wrong! Oh no, I might fall! Ahhhh....

I watched the kid play, and he looked better than I ever thought he would.

Maybe you should actually watch the guys play some exhibition games before making your assumptions.

you never said opening roster, you said sometime this season, now you're saying opening roster, anyway doesn't matter

look i hope you're right and the kid can play and comes out and breaks down all sorts of boundaries with Phil and rookies etc

i personally just cant see it happening, certainly not immediately - and your right i haven't seen Farmar play other than on TV at UCLA and i am making reasoned, edcuated assumptions on what the Lakers have already and what Phil has doen with rookies in the past

you're just saying the kid is good and WILL automatically unseat established guards and ball handlers....?

oh and thanks for the sarcasm i appreciated it, i just meant that some people (not neccessarily yourself, although you seem partially on this line) believe Famar is a "great white hope" of some kind and is going to start and play 30+ minutes a game on a team that is guard heavy???
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe N'diaye stays Re: Mihm and McKie...?

LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
* now there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan Famer will make the team, but i have doubt that he makes the opening "active roster" and may indeed be sent to the NBDL and be on full-time "call-up" for the Lakers

Where does this doubt come from?

Farmar will be on the roster and get minutes this season.

for a start i said opening roster, read the post before making assumptions

and the doubt mainly comes from the fact that he is a rookie under Phil with Kobe, Smush, Evans, Williams and Sasha in front of him currently and hell maybe still McKie even - oh and not to mention a certain Lamar Odom and also Luke Walton do a lot of ball-handling too

i'm not down on the kid and hope he does well and surprises people, but look i'm being realistic, some people are setting themselves up for a fall with this kid IMHO if they think he is gonna be starting and playing big minutes immediately cause i don't see how it can happen??

I know what you meant. That's what I was saying. He will be on the opening day roster.

Maybe you should read better.

Sasha is being used as a 2 and has nothing to do with Farmar's playing time.

I will fall if I'm wrong! Oh no, I might fall! Ahhhh....

I watched the kid play, and he looked better than I ever thought he would.

Maybe you should actually watch the guys play some exhibition games before making your assumptions.

you never said opening roster, you said sometime this season, now you're saying opening roster, anyway doesn't matter

look i hope you're right and the kid can play and comes out and breaks down all sorts of boundaries with Phil and rookies etc

i personally just cant see it happening, certainly not immediately - and your right i haven't seen Farmar play other than on TV at UCLA and i am making reasoned, edcuated assumptions on what the Lakers have already and what Phil has doen with rookies in the past

you're just saying the kid is good and WILL automatically unseat established guards and ball handlers....?

oh and thanks for the sarcasm i appreciated it, i just meant that some people (not neccessarily yourself, although you seem partially on this line) believe Famar is a "great white hope" of some kind and is going to start and play 30+ minutes a game on a team that is guard heavy???

I am not saying anyone is the going to save the Lakers.

It is rediculous to make such a statement after less than a week of practice that no one here has seen.

I think sarcasm is called for when someone thinks they can decide the opening day roster at this point in time...or even thinks it's even improtant to do?!?!

So you are welcome.

Last edited by PopcornMachine on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
13 Turiaf (NBDL or inactive injury report)
14 Farmar (NBDL or inactive injury report)

laugh it up, but it is very possible that one or both of these guys are on the "inactive" list a lot throughout the season, especially if Mihm is fit and Bynum is "active" and getting minutes at the same time

i mean ok N'diaye will probably not make it- it was just a thought, but people are really criticising me for trying to find room for an extra big (hell who needs any of those???) when the same people are syaing there is plenty of room and minutes for Farmar, Pinnock, Green, wafer etc.....it might be unfortunate but you can't keep 'em all guys....and even if you do keep a lot they all can't play at the same time - ala Farmar

Why on earth would Mamadou have any impact whatsoever on whether or not there would be minutes for the GUARDS that you listed?

oh geez.....its called making a comparison between arguements...???

i'm saying under certain circumstances there MIGHT be a need or a place for N'diaye (or other BIG) on this team and people are saying no - no room

yet many of the same people are saying "hey we need more guards - lets keep as many of these fringe guards around and play them somewhere and sometime between all the other guards we have"

just seems contradictory to the rationale for saying there is no room or need for N'diaye - not that him playing would directly take any miuntes away from any of the guards.....???

my whole argument is based on what we already have and what we may need
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Popcorn Machine,

you seem to be deciding on at least one or more portions of the opening day roster at the moment Re: Farmar and Turiaf....??

so why can't i speculate on it......?
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
Popcorn Machine,

you seem to be deciding on at least one or more portions of the opening day roster at the moment Re: Farmar and Turiaf....??

Oh, because you might take a fall...

But seriously, I doubt you right about it.

The real funny thing is deciding that now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

and as far as making comparisons with N'diaye and Parada etc - thats also fine and he porobably will be swept away in the coming weeks

but where exactly are Tierre Brown, Tony Bobbit etc, people need to realise that JR Pinnock, Wafer, Green are all big-time chances of ending up the same as these guys, we can't fit them all

same as Farmar may not be on the active roster all the time

anyway - thats me done on this subject........end....
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject:

And just for fun, I'll post this here too:

Quote:
Report card: Assistant coach Brian Shaw singled out Danilo Pinnock, Jordan Farmar, Brown and Walton for how they played in Saturday’s scrimmage. Brown converted his opportunities in the post and Pinnock showed his athleticism.

`` (Farmar’s) team was kind of stacked against him,’’ Shaw said, ``but he held his own and he did well.’’

Sunday report
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
Popcorn Machine,

Oh, because you might take a fall...

But seriously, I doubt you right about it.

The real funny thing is deciding that now.

ok i lied.....one last thing lol

so because you doubt i'm right gives you the right to ridicule me huh? and because you doubt i'm right allows you to make assumptions about the roster but at the same time tell me it's ridiculous to try and make such assumptions about thr roster right now because you disagree with me?

look this is getting petty, just don't bag me cause you don't agree with me ok and say thing to me that contradict your own actions ok?? fair??

and i never brought this up to be "right" about it, it was pure speculation that could only happen as a result of other factors (Re: Mihm and McKie) and because random speculation makes up about 90.98 % of everything on this forum, i thought i may as well have a crack at it myself, sorry i'll know better next time ok, please accept my sincere apologies....

ok....now end.....

Last edited by LakeShow06 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm done too. Got go feed my cat.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I think there's a slight chance that Farmar or Turiaf end up in the D-League. It's hardly a given, but there is that possiblity that it happens.

PG situation:
Parker (1 year Tri experience, starter)
Vujacic (1 year Tri experience, shooting point)
Williams (Veteran PG that can shoot and make some set passes)

Many people that are close to Phil say that he only likes what he knows. Does he know and trust Farmar well enough to play him over players he knows very well? One would think that Williams is guaranteed atleast 15 minutes a night or else he would never have signed here. He seems like that Ty Lue type of player for the team who is a "change of pace" guard that Phil was asking for last year along with that "veteran guard" he wanted. Williams fits both.

PF situation:
Odom/Radmanovic
Cook (2 years Tri experience, 48 games as starter, instant offense)

Turiaf would have to outplay some of the players Jackson knows very well. I think he'd have to beat out Cook, who's a guy that has far more experience and Jackson knows very well.

Barring injuries, it's not going to be easy for Farmar AND Turiaf to make the rotation. D-League is a possibility.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: