*** Official Lakers vs. Suns Game Thread (Oct. 15) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Shammond was 5-5 from the floor tonight if I am not mistaken with a couple of 3s

Radmo looks rusty, but he is a big guy and will find his rhythm at some point, my guess being the point coinciding exactly when a certain #8 errrrrrrr #24 takes the floor for the first time.

VRad is the perfect type of player for playing off of Kobe offensively. He can finish in the lane and at the basket with either hand, can spot up and shoot with the best of them and has shown a willingness to move the ball and not be a black hole (which I sometimes thought he was at times in the past) every time he touches it.

Can't even judge VRad at all realistically until he is playing with LO and Kobe full time, then if he is going 1-5 we will be all over him!
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
junebug wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Man if I was Brian Cook I'd be pissed. Radman getting 30 mil for doing nothing.

yup..he was weak tonight

Firs Divac then Mackie now Radman and Shammond. Our front is the worst.

Not quite sure what you're talking about, but at the same time I'm certain that you're dead wrong.

It looks like we're about to waste our mle $$ again.

Man you guys are soo quick to judge... hes learning a totally new offense, he isnt getting any shots, and hes got a hand injury . how is he suppose to get in the flow when he isnt getting any shots !!! the good thing is that he is doing other things like playing defense ! hustling ! and grabbin boards !
hes shot will come and then ull be prasing him

just let the real season start and ull see him lightin everyone up
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

i think, if anything, this game should tell us that the lakers are going to be very competitive this year...

sure they lost but amare stoudamire was in the game almost the whole 2nd half...no kwame, no mihm...that and rambis was obviously trying to give the new players time to acclimate to the tri as opposed to phoenix who pretty much stuck to theri 7-9 man rotation...

glass definitely half full

the suns' flopping was in midseason fom though...
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
junebug wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
junebug wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Man if I was Brian Cook I'd be pissed. Radman getting 30 mil for doing nothing.

yup..he was weak tonight

Firs Divac then Mackie now Radman and Shammond. Our front is the worst.

Not quite sure what you're talking about, but at the same time I'm certain that you're dead wrong.

It looks like we're about to waste our mle $$ again.

Man you guys are soo quick to judge... hes learning a totally new offense, he isnt getting any shots, and hes got a hand injury . how is he suppose to get in the flow when he isnt getting any shots !!! the good thing is that he is doing other things like playing defense ! hustling ! and grabbin boards !
hes shot will come and then ull be prasing him

just let the real season start and ull see him lightin everyone up

OK guys I got it. I really hope I'm wrong.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Wasn't Amare the leading rebounder tonight? Even if he's not 100% he looks pretty active out there. He's well on his way...jus needs to get stronger.

One more thing.

The leading rebounder on the night was a guy who played for the French national team. Guess who?

Here's a hint...

It wasn't Diaw and it wasn't Tony Parker.

fuserchris
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Turiaf was the most pleasant surprise in this game, I can see him being a Laker for a long time. Without him, Amare would of had an offensive explosion on us.

Game disappointments (with considerable playing time) Green, Radmanovic.

Decent performance (Defensively): Maurice Evans, and Aaron Mckie. Both did a excellent job guarding Barbosa.

Next game I'd like to see a -sorta next generation- starting lineup of

Farmar
Evans
Walton
Turiaf
Bynum

Pinnock didn't get much playing time tonight, and I kinda felt as though he was the odd man out. Primarily because he only played 3sub? minutes.

Fuser
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
sure they lost but amare stoudamire was in the game almost the whole 2nd half...no kwame, no mihm...that and rambis was obviously trying to give the new players time to acclimate to the tri as opposed to phoenix who pretty much stuck to theri 7-9 man rotation...

... that and a certain #24 who was in street clothes as well....
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Shammond was 5-5 from the floor tonight if I am not mistaken with a couple of 3s

Radmo looks rusty, but he is a big guy and will find his rhythm at some point, my guess being the point coinciding exactly when a certain #8 errrrrrrr #24 takes the floor for the first time.

VRad is the perfect type of player for playing off of Kobe offensively. He can finish in the lane and at the basket with either hand, can spot up and shoot with the best of them and has shown a willingness to move the ball and not be a black hole (which I sometimes thought he was at times in the past) every time he touches it.

Can't even judge VRad at all realistically until he is playing with LO and Kobe full time, then if he is going 1-5 we will be all over him!

Lanny, what I think the coaching staff is trying to do is make Vladimir a 3rd option. Someone that can create for himself within the Triangle motion/movements.

That can be looked upon a positive or negative depending what you thinjk of Vlade as a player.

I think it's clear they want him doing more than what Fisher did (spot up). I honestly believe that Phil is trying to get him to be a Kukoc type (more shooting, less ballhandling) type - 13/5/3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Pfft. Suns had a full starting lineup and barely beat us without several key players.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

wolverine - doh! lol...

can't wait for radman to pick the tri up and regain his touch...it's quite easy to see the offense is going to have a lot of weapons this season...
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

just got home and dont wanna sort through 20 pages so...can somebody give me the score and quick recap PLEASE?would be very much appreciated!thanks
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ESPN Boxscore

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261015013
ForTheWin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

guys don't be too excited yet. Sun just came back form europe and last time i check it effects how you play.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Stats:
Parker 18 points, 4 assists, 2 steals
Walton 12 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds
Bynum 9 point, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block
Farmar 9 points, 2 assists
Turiaf 7 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal
Radman 2 steals, 1 block

Some good looking (bleep).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

wolf - and one of those bynum assists was a nice bounce pass in traffic to a baseline cutter for the lay in...
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

wow turiaf looked like he tore it up tonight,great to hear.i almost wish we didnt pick up williams just so we can see more of farmar,he's really impressed so far,or he just beat him out for minutes in practice if he works hard enough.i know its too early to make any judgements but im feeling really comfortable with our team this year,and this is before even see kobe and lamar(at full strenght) out there with them.very encouraging
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Pfft. Suns had a full starting lineup and barely beat us without several key players.

JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ForTheWin wrote:
guys don't be too excited yet. Sun just came back form europe and last time i check it effects how you play.

I think not having your franchise player back yet, and having your starting and backup centers out with injuries also affects how you play, last time I checked.
But yeah, it is still the preseason and these games don't count, even though the Suns coach was playing his starting rotation as if it did.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Considering that the lakers have every significant player from the stretch run last year (sorry gump), now factor in a healthy and improved RT, Farmar, Rad (he'll get going), mihm back soon, Evans, and luke/lo/kwame look at least decent so far. Oh yeah, there's that new #24 yet to be seen.

I smell a run coming this year. I know its pre season, but I'm really liking the way this team looks.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject:

One-minute and fourty-one-second highlight of the game.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

i like some of the things he's doing off the ball, and he's moving his feet well on D. I honestly think the rusty shooting has more to do with the sprained/torn? ligaments in his hand than say a lazy off-season. It will take some time to adjust to the those injured fingers, but I think he can do it.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject:

dino wrote:
i think, if anything, this game should tell us that the lakers are going to be very competitive this year...

glass definitely half full

the suns' flopping was in midseason fom though...

ahhh, but did you see Farmar return the favor to Nash?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

Mation wrote:
One-minute and fourty-one-second highlight of the game.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/
Highlight link does not work... and what's up.... NBA.com can't provide a boxscore!!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Wow we have some (bleep) s in here. Complaining because Vlad isn't knocking down shots while he have a hand injury. :roll:

I was going to say the same thing. The guy can't even shake hands with his right hand, it's that sore. Of course his shooting is going to be off.

Instead, I'm more than pleased with how quick, mobile and athletic he is. His defense has been underrated on this board, he's active. I like the signing alot - and he's only going to get better.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
I'm glad we got a Phoenix Game, early... We can get a more realistic view, of where we're at.

Aside from the fact that we didn't have Kobe, Kwame or Mihm. Wait, how exactly is that a "realistic view" of anything, when we were actually testing out our young fellas while Phoenix was playing its regular rotation?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21
Jump to: