Still...Signing Rado over picking up Banks was a good deal...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Still...Signing Rado over picking up Banks was a good deal...

Rado will struggle a bit to get comfy with the system, and the tendencies of his new teamates and such. Not to worry. Him, an Luke will be the best tandem in the league.

Marcus, would have just got in the way of a player that is going to dwarf him within two years.

JORDAN FARMAR!

That kid has already demonstrated he is the (bleep)! You guys are worried
about Jax sticking to tradition on this kid? Not a chance.... The battle for
minutes will continue right up till playoff time. There is no way to tell right now, and won't be for some time...
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

i have to agree with you on this one shoes...the kid just gets it...can't believe i wanted "flight" white at that spot although ager looks like he'll be a baller as well...

and radman will be fine...that and he'll have to kill walton to grab the small forward starting spot...luke's playing unbelieveable right now...so much more poised and relaxed...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Thats the beauty of this team their all gonna make each other better. Now wheres the (bleep) that was complaining about resigning Cook?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Williams and Farmar are looking like lottery talents right now. I think the Nets and Lakers are VERY lucky to have those type of PG's that late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Since Farmar was already drafted, it made sense to go for an upgrade at SF. Vlad seems a decent defender. Although he hasn't gotten his touch in the pre-season, he's established as a shooter.
M4dC0w
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Where's that idiot, Dave Smith, who hyped up Marcus Banks to be the next Isiah Thomas?

Banks is your average (if that) PG in the league. He can't shoot to save his life and his defense is way overrated.

Thank God that Dave Smith is no longer doing local LA radio. He knows NOTHING about the Lakers and NBA Basketball. Good riddance!
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

M4dC0w wrote:
Where's that idiot, Dave Smith, who hyped up Marcus Banks to be the next Isiah Thomas?

Banks is your average (if that) PG in the league. He can't shoot to save his life and his defense is way overrated.

Thank God that Dave Smith is no longer doing local LA radio. He knows NOTHING about the Lakers and NBA Basketball. Good riddance!

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

You mean Mitch actually knew more than people on this board?? SHOCKING!!

Banks looks like the player he was in Boston, but I think he will find his legs in Phoenix. Hell, everyone else does. Bryan Colangelo has been crapping nothing but golden nuggets since he landed Nash.

Run-n-gun seems to be tailor-made for Banks' game. I just don't like the pairing of him and Barbosa in the backcourt. They're both the same type of player to me and neither shoots well off the dribble.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

angel - am actually pleasantly surprised at how active radman is...hadn't really seen much of him but he was fairly active deflecting passes and running back on defense...also had that nice shot in the paint for his 2 points...
la45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

M4dC0w wrote:

Give Banks time. Shooting is one of the easiest things to learn(see Smush), and in Dantoni's system, they're going to force him to do that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

banks: 0-7. nice.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

If we're judging from 1 pre-season game then both Vlad and Banks are a waste of money. Vlad was 1-8 FGs with 2 steals and no other hustle stats to speak of in 22 minutes WTF?! Banks 0-7 in 23 min. Now since it's going to take more than 1 pre-season game to quantify the cost the jury remains out on both.

In the meanwhile Luke continues to show growth and his 12/7/5 in 24 minutes and ton's of hustle outplayed everyone not named Amare Stoudamire tonight.

I predict Luke will continue to outplay Vlad throughout the season. If Vlad's fat, long contract keep us from retaining Luke i'll personally burn my Mitch Kupcake jersey.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject:

^^ vlad was atrocious again tonight but considering that we now have farmar, banks becomes useless for us imo. vlad will get more confident and get more opportunities once kobe bean gets back.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm not worried about the Radman. He is showing all the things many of us have not expected of him (good rotation on D, the ability to put the ball on the floor, passing). He is a much better athlete than he gets credit for.

The shooting will improve -- that's what he does. When he recovers from his injury and feels more familiar with the system, we'll see him start to light it up.
M4dC0w
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
If we're judging from 1 pre-season game then both Vlad and Banks are a waste of money. Vlad was 1-8 FGs with 2 steals and no other hustle stats to speak of in 22 minutes WTF?! Now since it's going to take more than 1 pre-season game to quantify the cost the jury remains out on both.

In the meanwhile Luke continues to show growth and his 12/7/5 in 24 minutes and ton's of hustle outplayed everyone not named Amare Stoudamire tonight.

I predict Luke will continue to outplay Vlad throughout the season. If Vlad's fat, long contract keep us from retaining Luke i'll personally burn my Mitch Kupchak jersey.

I'm judging Marcus Banks on his ENTIRE NBA Career thus far and not just 1 preseason game. Face it, he sucked Donkey balls with Boston and there's a reason WHY Minnesota let him go <overrated>.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

didn't they sign luke to an extension already? any terms on that?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Banks is a good player. Farmar will likely be a better player in the long run.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Money$hot! wrote:
If we're judging from 1 pre-season game then both Vlad and Banks are a waste of money.

Vlad = established already in this league. Vlad is also dealing with an injury whats banks excuse? I don't mind people bashing banks because they would do the same to Smush if he had a bad game which he sometimes does. This goes to show the grass is always greener on the other side.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
This goes to show the grass is always greener on the other side.

It most certainly is not, but we are better as a team.

^^ Farmar

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
If we're judging from 1 pre-season game then both Vlad and Banks are a waste of money. Vlad was 1-8 FGs with 2 steals and no other hustle stats to speak of in 22 minutes WTF?! Banks 0-7 in 23 min. Now since it's going to take more than 1 pre-season game to quantify the cost the jury remains out on both.

I predict Luke will continue to outplay Vlad throughout the season. If Vlad's fat, long contract keep us from retaining Luke i'll personally burn my Mitch Kupchak jersey.

Money, fact remains that if I'm shopping Marcus is not on my list of things to look at, whether I pick up Rado or not. Banks has nowhere near the potential of Farmar. Let Farmar work,because that is not where the Lakers needed to spend any extra money is what I'm talking about. If the Lakers would have given Marcus the money his insane agent was asking for, by the end of November that Mitch lynch mob would have been completely livid...
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
didn't they sign luke to an extension already? any terms on that?

Nope. Luke is in a contract season. He will be a FA end of this year according to Patricia's NBA site, Hoopshype, and RealGM.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:

Money, fact remains that if I'm shopping Marcus is not on my list of things to look at, whether I pick up Rado or not. Banks has nowhere near the potential of Farmar. Let Farmar work,because that is not where the Lakers needed to spend any extra money is what I'm talking about. If the Lakers would have given Marcus the money his insane agent was asking for, by the end of November that Mitch lynch mob would have been completely livid...

I totally agree about Banks. 1 dimensional players are not worth full MLE money (that's why Banks didn't get it). Banks is 1 dimensional (defense only). Vlad may be the same, but many Laker zealots want him to be more than that so badly, they're ready to annoint him more than a shooter before they actually see that he can consistently do more than that. Still I'm willing to wait and watch, but as of today I know that Luke can pass, dribble, initiate, play hustle defense, and is an improved shooterlad. I'm going to stand by my prediction that Luke actually outplays Vlad and Banks this season. I just hope that Mitch has some money stashed away to pay the kid after ponying up so much for Vlad.
BeeBackLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:

I totally agree about Banks. 1 dimensional players are not worth full MLE money (that's why Banks didn't get it). Banks is 1 dimensional (defense only). Vlad may be the same, but many Laker zealots want him to be more than that so badly, they're ready to annoint him more than a shooter before they actually see that he can consistently do more than that. Still I'm willing to wait and watch, but as of today I know that Luke can pass, dribble, initiate, play hustle defense, and is an improved shooterlad. I'm going to stand by my prediction that Luke actually outplays Vlad and Banks this season. I just hope that Mitch has some money stashed away to pay the kid after ponying up so much for Vlad.
+
Paying so much for Vlad? You do understand he was offered 50+ mill from other teams right? You do understand were over the cap and do have lukes bird rights, so Vlads 30 mill has nothing to do with Lukes money?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Funny how certain fans are say that Walton - who was considered a "scrub" last year until the playoffs/last 5 games of the RS - is now worth more than Vladimir.

I BET If Radman had said what Banks did - interest in becoming Laker - and Kupchak goes on and says that he doesn't have space for Rad because they have Walton .... All hell breaks loose on LG.

Pathetic :roll:

Williams, Vujacic, Farmar and Parker gives the Lakers FOUR ballhandling guards with the main initiator still being LO. You know Kobe's another ballhandling guard whenever they want him there, so that's what SIX guys that can initiate the offense? Almost half the roster.

Yet, some are whining about the guy that is supposed to be Kobe's Kukoc (Not saying Vlad will absolutely be that but the longterm goal IMO is to make him that third option).

Silly. I guess Banks would be so much better in here trying to get PT against Parker, Farmar, Vujacic and Williams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

BeeBackLakerFan wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:

+
Paying so much for Vlad? You do understand he was offered 50+ mill from other teams right? You do understand were over the cap and do have lukes bird rights, so Vlads 30 mill has nothing to do with Lukes money?

You do understand that teams offered Adonal Foyal, Jerome James, and Brian Grant 50+ million right? You do understand that no matter Luke's bird's rights, Buss won't take the team's salary into the Luxury tax realm right? So therefore you should understand that Vlad's 30 mil has everything to do with Lukes money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: