cant get enough of the lakers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: cant get enough of the lakers

i eagerly anticipated the spl after their draft. i couldnt wait for the start of training camp. i salivated to see their first game on tv. now i can hardly wait between games to see what new skill one of their players will show they have. each game has been a revalation from various players. i've never been so excited about watching this team, and i've been watching them for a long time.

is it just me? thats why i keep saying i think this team will go far. thats why i keep saying this team is deep. i love the talent and the improvement of existing players. i love what the new guys bring to the table.

oh, meantime, it seems that devin green is winning the battle of the LAST MAN. thats my opinion.

also, i noticed in the l.a. times the other day, phil mentioned about 3 players he's impressed by and jordan farmar is one of them. for those who dont admit being impressed........take that!

Last edited by lakersboy on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker328
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I think green is going to be the odd man out. I Think they will keep McKie.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker328 wrote:
I think green is going to be the odd man out. I Think they will keep McKie.

i just heard about pinnock and wafer being cut. i notice the team starting green a few times so it seems like they're trying to give him every chance to show what he can do. he still cant shoot but i do like his game around the basket. i'm guessing that phil see's him as a poor man's scottie pippen. if i had my way, i'd STILL waive mckie.

the next battle is which 3 of the 15 man roster will be in street clothes once everyone is healthy. all of them are ready to contribute so coach phil is going to upset a few guys when its time to make that choice.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Well you've got healthy bodies in:

C: Bynum
PF: LO/Turiaf/Cook
SF: Walton/Vlad
SG: Kobe/Evans
PG: Smush/Sasha/Shammond/Farmar

So that's 12 ready to go today, leaving McKie, Kwame, Mihm (assuming Green is waived) to round out the 15.

Once those 3 guys get back, I'd guess McKie, Farmar, and maybe Shammond don't dress in the early going. We're so PG heavy, we need two of them to sit, and McKie can barely move as it is. Farmar is a rookie who will get his shots every now and then and have to prove himself over time to PJ. Of course, if Vlad's hand injury requires him to sit as well, my guess would be that Shammond moves into the live rotation.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Well you've got healthy bodies in:

C: Bynum
PF: LO/Turiaf/Cook
SF: Walton/Vlad
SG: Kobe/Evans
PG: Smush/Sasha/Shammond/Farmar

So that's 12 ready to go today, leaving McKie, Kwame, Mihm (assuming Green is waived) to round out the 15.

Once those 3 guys get back, I'd guess McKie, Farmar, and maybe Shammond don't dress in the early going. We're so PG heavy, we need two of them to sit, and McKie can barely move as it is. Farmar is a rookie who will get his shots every now and then and have to prove himself over time to PJ. Of course, if Vlad's hand injury requires him to sit as well, my guess would be that Shammond moves into the live rotation.

i hear what your saying but i read in the l.a. times the other day that phil really likes farmar. this is going to be the craziest looking injured list i've seen. of course the 1st name will be obvious but the other 2 guys will be totally capable of contributing if they were not on the injured list. thats why i say it would make sense if the lakers traded someone. there's nobody besides green/mckie deserving to be inactive.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: cant get enough of the lakers

lakersboy wrote:
i eagerly anticipated the spl after their draft. i couldnt wait for the start of training camp. i salivated to see their first game on tv. now i can hardly wait between games to see what new skill one of their players will show they have. each game has been a revalation from various players. i've never been so excited about watching this team, and i've been watching them for a long time.

is it just me? thats why i keep saying i think this team will go far. thats why i keep saying this team is deep. i love the talent and the improvement of existing players. i love what the new guys bring to the table.

oh, meantime, it seems that devin green is winning the battle of the LAST MAN. thats my opinion.

also, i noticed in the l.a. times the other day, phil mentioned about 3 players he's impressed by and jordan farmar is one of them. for those who dont admit being impressed........take that!

Sounds like you are a True Laker fan....Also, last year the originator of the Hokey Pokey died. During the funeral when they put his right foot in the casket that's when the all the trouble started
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: