Lakers Vs. TrailBlazers Game & Discussion Thread - 11/08
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

So much, for back-to-back games... We're not ready for this kind of continuous pressure... No real surprise, for the realists among us. We all wanted to believe, but let's face reality, and get back to work.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:
Portland can't do anything wrong when they play us. It's very frustrating and disappointing. Randolph with 36 points. Pathetic.

You should see his number vs. Brand in the Clips game. If he ate Lamar for lunch I don't know how to describe what he did to Elton. :roll:
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

Cardom wrote:
Dude, Kwame wouldn't have helped, this team can NEVER win against the blazers.

Exactly, We wll never get calls in Seattle or Portland. I mean those teams care about beating the Lakers more than the playoffs.

The refs were terrible today. I feel bad for all Lakers including Odom when there man can play physical D and we get called for ticky tack fouls.

Whatever, the worse thing about the losses are the (bleep) and moan posters will be back in full effect. Why cant these people just leave for good.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigE32 wrote:
Portland can't do anything wrong when they play us. It's very frustrating and disappointing. Randolph with 36 points. Pathetic.

You should see his numbers vs. Brand in the Clips game. If he ate Lamar for lunch I don't know how to describe what he did to Elton. :roll:
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

screw lamar man......

seriously, if he wants to ISO on randolph and make him pick up his 4th foul, then demand the ball on the weakside of the triangle....

is it really that hard to demand the ball and then drive it down his throat.

he kept going to the post, holding it, then passing and doing nothing man.

frak.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

We get a better assessment, of Bynum's progress... He still needs to work on his moves, to play against Zach Randolph.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

melakerfan wrote:
Odom 35 min. 4/7 9 pts?

Can someone please explain?

Is he still grieving?

^^^^^^^^^^ That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on a Lakers Forum ..

*****EDIT*********** > I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didn't mean it in a deragatory manner.

YES .. He will GRIEVE for a long time as would most who lost their child

Last edited by Trey on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Farmar must, just now, be feeling what the NBA is all about.
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Here's the reality of it all.

1) Our defense is pitiful....and i mean halfcourt defense.

2) We dont have the intensity to play back to backs

3) We dont play well on the road at all

4) All of the above adds up to say that we are still a year away from reallly contending.

Lets just enjoy this season for what it is.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Dude, Kwame wouldn't have helped, this team can NEVER win against the blazers.

Exactly, We wll never get calls in Seattle or Portland. I mean those teams care about beating the Lakers more than the playoffs.

The refs were terrible today. I feel bad for all Lakers including Odom when there man can play physical D and we get called for ticky tack fouls.

Whatever, the worse thing about the losses are the (bleep) and moan posters will be back in full effect. Why cant these people just leave for good.

Wrong. Kwame would not let Randolph to get even close to where he was getting the ball tonight.

And Lamar. Yes, he was passive. But Lamar never is active when opposition is making him work hard in the post defensively. He will not be able to play TD, KG, Zack, etc. That's why you need Kwame. Bynum is still not ready for man-to-man defense in the post...I would still play Kwame, Drew and Lamar upfront with Luke making first man off the bench or playing him alongside with Kobe. Let them "quick guards" shoot from the outside
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

You should see his number vs. Brand in the Clips game. If he ate Lamar for lunch I don't know how to describe what he did to Elton. :roll:

Randolp is just tearing it up. You win some you lose some. Randolph is a star and very good basketball player

Nobody admits it, but we have looked average since Kobe came back. He has killed the ball movement, and the TO: Assist ratio is terrible now that he is back.

I think the Odom-Kobe connection has much more to do with Kobe than Odom. Odom can play with every Laker except Kobe. I think Odom makes Bynum look even better as well.Kobe is killin us right now with the untimely turnovers. Its not fear of Kobe, its just not enough room for the both of them to work.

Odom will play below his potential again this year, 16,9,6 and I have to blame Kobe. Odom is sacrificing his game to play within the Lakers style. Also putting Walton next to him hurts, because Walton seems to always be in the paint; exactly where Odom needs to go and Bynum already is.

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Cook
Bynum

This lineup would have beat Portland.
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
melakerfan wrote:
Odom 35 min. 4/7 9 pts?

Is he still grieving?

^^^^^^^^^^ That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on a Lakers Forum ..

*****EDIT*********** > I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didn't mean it in a deragatory manner.

Why do people look for things to be derogatory? I was being honest....it is not meant to be disgusting...but if you are looking for everything to be negative and disgusting, then its whats in your soul, not mine!!!!
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lamar strikes back!

Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

melakerfan wrote:
Trey wrote:
melakerfan wrote:
Odom 35 min. 4/7 9 pts?

Is he still grieving?

Why do people look for things to be derogatory? I was being honest....it is not meant to be disgusting...but if you are looking for everything to be negative and disgusting, then its whats in your soul, not mine!!!!

It is this forum.. this place has called for our players to be killed, beaten etc..

I realized later that your words may have been innocent -
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

melakerfan wrote:
Trey wrote:
melakerfan wrote:
Odom 35 min. 4/7 9 pts?

Is he still grieving?

Because it was uncalled for. He played bad, but blaming it on what happened this summer is not the way to go. Just eliminate that from the equation of basketball. If he played bad, it was because of Lamar Odom only.

And whoever said Kwame can help is losing it. Randolph would tear Kwames ass up.

Kwame is not good, and he is by far the most overrated player on LG. Kwame is a 15-20 min Bynum back-up. Anymore than that and Im guessing 5+ turnovers with the new ball.

Is Overrating Kwame solely a LG/CL thing. Every Laker fan I talk to personally hates Kwame and wants him off the team. Are all these people closet Kwame fans??? Kwame and Smush for Crawford would make me so happy. I really dislike Kwame Browns game.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

Randolp is just tearing it up. You win some you lose some. Randolph is a star and very good basketball player

Nobody admits it, but we have looked average since Kobe came back. He has killed the ball movement, and the TO: Assist ratio is terrible now that he is back.

I think the Odom-Kobe connection has much more to do with Kobe than Odom. Odom can play with every Laker except Kobe. I think Odom makes Bynum look even better as well.Kobe is killin us right now with the untimely turnovers. Its not fear of Kobe, its just not enough room for the both of them to work.

Odom will play below his potential again this year, 16,9,6 and I have to blame Kobe. Odom is sacrificing his game to play within the Lakers style. Also putting Walton next to him hurts, because Walton seems to always be in the paint; exactly where Odom needs to go and Bynum already is.

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Cook
Bynum

Wow!!!

Have you watched the game? Have you watched lamar throughout his career? Unbelievable...

Is it Kobe's fault that Lamar has to guard Randolph? Or that he is not shooting when shot is there?

Do you know what Lamar shots per game average is throughout his career? - 13
Do you know how many attempts per game he has as aLaker on the average? - 12
Is it Kobe's fault that Lamar was not more aggressive on the Clippers and the Heat where he was option #1???

Are you going to say "Sorry, Laker fans; it was stupid post by me"
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

melakerfan wrote:
Trey wrote:
melakerfan wrote:
Odom 35 min. 4/7 9 pts?

Is he still grieving?

Because it was uncalled for. He played bad, but blaming it on what happened this summer is not the way to go. Just eliminate that from the equation of basketball. If he played bad, it was because of Lamar Odom only.

And whoever said Kwame can help is losing it. Randolph would tear Kwames ass up.

Kwame is not good, and he is by far the most overrated player on LG. Kwame is a 15-20 min Bynum back-up. Anymore than that and Im guessing 5+ turnovers with the new ball.

Is Overrating Kwame solely a LG/CL thing. Every Laker fan I talk to personally hates Kwame and wants him off the team. Are all these people closet Kwame fans??? Kwame and Smush for Crawford would make me so happy. I really dislike Kwame Browns game.

Look man, I am just concerned for LO, and all I was doing was wanting to see if maybe he was still on a down turn...Its an honest question...

They guy may be hurting inside, and it may be hurting his game, and he may not should be in the game...
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Cook
Bynum

Wow!!!

Have you watched the game? Have you watched lamar throughout his career? Unbelievable...

Is it Kobe's fault that Lamar has to guard Randolph? Or that he is not shooting when shot is there?

Is it Kobe's fault that Lamar was not more aggressive on the Clippers and the Heat where he was option #1???

Just like everyone else thinks, Shot attempts do not equal aggression. Odom was agreesive with the Clippers playing PG and with the Heat playing PF.

Kobe is hard to play with. Kobe only fans need to realize this. There is a reason Shaq hated Kobe and it was not purely jealousy. Kobe dominates the ball and the game (for the better or worse).

I hate how people act like playing with Kobe is playing with Majic Johnson. How many stupid TO's has Kobe had in the past 2 games. I can count -6 uncalled for turnovers.

Now this is Kobes team and he can dominate if the Lakers want him too, but if Odom starts to dominate the ball like he did in Miami or the first 3 games, you wont see a happy Bean Bryant IMO
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Cook
Bynum

Wow!!!

Just like everyone else thinks, Shot attempts do not equal aggression. Odom was agreesive with the Clippers playing PG and with the Heat playing PF.

Kobe is hard to play with. Kobe only fans need to realize this. There is a reason Shaq hated Kobe and it was not purely jealousy. Kobe dominates the ball and the game (for the better or worse).

I hate how people act like playing with Kobe is playing with Majic Johnson. How many stupid TO's has Kobe had in the past 2 games. I can count -6 uncalled for turnovers.

Now this is Kobes team and he can dominate if the Lakers want him too, but if Odom starts to dominate the ball like he did in Miami or the first 3 games, you wont see a happy Bean Bryant IMO

Didn't Odom himself admit that he is not really a scorer?
I think he said that he only does what the coaches tell him.
He also mentioned that he does not know why some people are so big about scoring 20+ points ...

Oh wait, it is Kobe who put all those words in Odom's mouth, so it is still Kobe's fault, just like everything that goes wrong in this world....
ACGreen'svcard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is the key. when he doesn't show interest we go down in flames. thsi whole season depends on him. i am so disappointed. why is falling into this zombie like state on the court again. where the authority like he showed against GState, slamming down dunks taking names? no one on portland could match up with lamar. don't get me wrong tho, everybody and i mean everybody played like absoulte garbage w the exception of luke on the offensive end. godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this crap
Get tough players. Attack the rim. Get an atheltic physical big. Get highly intuitive players. Get players that understand help defense. Draft Lonzo Ball. Move Dangelo to the two or trade him or have him come off the bench like ginoboli or harden '11.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Cook
Bynum

Wow!!!

I have no idea what "agressive Lamar" you are talking about? Is there another league and another Lamar on it?

Quote:
There is a reason Shaq hated Kobe and it was not purely jealousy

I am not even asking you to elaborate. There is no need...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
I can;t believe we actually lossed. Good teams beat the Trail Blazers. I guess we are not a...

good teams are not reffed out in the first few minutes of the game either. You take away smush's first two ghost fouls. you call the obvious forearm on Jack. You take away 2 of bynums touch fouls. take away 2 of Odom's touch fouls. you take away 1 of kobe's touch fouls and another ghost foul. and we win this game by 10.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: