OFFICIAL Lakers vs Memphis (11.12.06) Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who would trade Odom for Rashard?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I actually watched the Grizz play the Suns yesterday. If you guys consider Suns an elite team - and they were playing well yesterday it had that similar ugliness to it.

Fratello just has that ugly style. His team plays very hard on D and they scrap. I think the Lakers played like a team and that is important. What is continuing is that trend of TO's. First half was excellent but then the 3rd qtr we doubled our TO's in 7-8 minutes.

Phil's going to have to do something about the TO's. Kobe in particular is averaging too many IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
FREE TACOS!!!!!!!!
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I actually watched the Grizz play the Suns yesterday. If you guys consider Suns an elite team - and they were playing well yesterday it had that similar ugliness to it.

Fratello just has that ugly style. His team plays very hard on D and they scrap. I think the Lakers played like a team and that is important. What is continuing is that trend of TO's. First half was excellent but then the 3rd qtr we doubled our TO's in 7-8 minutes.

Phil's going to have to do something about the TO's. Kobe in particular is averaging too many IMO.

Yeah Kobe always has like 2-3 turnovers in first 3 minutes of the game. Maybe he gets too excited in the beginning.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

odom for frye?
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

we have a BIG pg issue guys
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

Smush getting smushed on FOX sports post show.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

Only if you throw in Marbury - because he is aggressive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

Odom for an autographed picture of ocho?
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

what if I offered you a taco...

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

yep they're on him something special tonight. but its true he is hesitant. hesitant when he drives, hesitant when he shoots, hesitant when he passes. But it probably does have to do with farmar. but it also has to do with the lakers bringing in Sham, and paying sasha. Smush is the only guy that doesn't know if he will be around. even after a solid year last year. then kobe comes back and smush is the last guy you're looking for on the floor for leadership.

its funny how guys mix up leadership and aggressiveness. its not many possessions you have to be aggressive at the PG spot in the tri. with farmar out there. he's going to do what he does. because he's a rookie with a contract. he aint going any where anytime soon. I'm putting this one on the lakers. and some on smush. because how many guys keep playing all out great basketball when they have no guarantees and are making less then a mil? Not many that i can call out off the top of my head.

with Luke stepping up this year, LO stepping up. bynum coming out of nowhere. the pg position is a filler. sure we like farmar and so does the team and coaches. but thats because he's a rookie. if this was his 3rd year in the league or even 2nd year on the team. they wouldn't be praising him as much. he wouldn't even get the look of conversation.

LUke is a leader, LO is a leader, kobe is a leader. the game needs to go thru Bynum. where do you fit in another leader in the starting lineup? you dont.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Stu, describing Andrew... Sounds like something out of "Caddyshack"... "He came out of nowhere..." "He didn't have much experience in high school... No college experience... " You might ask: "Just what did anyone see in him??"

Seriously, I would like to know more about how Andrew was discovered.... Why would anyone want to take a big chance on him??

I'm not arguing, that Andrew doesn't have it... I'm just kind of puzzled, and intrigued, by Andrew's Story.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

what if I offered you a taco...

Add a carton of fresh, cold chocolate milk and you have yourself a deal.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

yep they're on him something special tonight. but its true he is hesitant. hesitant when he drives, hesitant when he shoots, hesitant when he passes. But it probably does have to do with farmar. but it also has to do with the lakers bringing in Sham, and paying sasha. Smush is the only guy that doesn't know if he will be around. even after a solid year last year. then kobe comes back and smush is the last guy you're looking for on the floor for leadership.

its funny how guys mix up leadership and aggressiveness. its not many possessions you have to be aggressive at the PG spot in the tri. with farmar out there. he's going to do what he does. because he's a rookie with a contract. he aint going any where anytime soon. I'm putting this one on the lakers. and some on smush. because how many guys keep playing all out great basketball when they have no guarantees and are making less then a mil? Not many that i can call out off the top of my head.

with Luke stepping up this year, LO stepping up. bynum coming out of nowhere. the pg position is a filler. sure we like farmar and so does the team and coaches. but thats because he's a rookie. if this was his 3rd year in the league or even 2nd year on the team. they wouldn't be praising him as much. he wouldn't even get the look of conversation.

LUke is a leader, LO is a leader, kobe is a leader. the game needs to go thru Bynum. where do you fit in another leader in the starting lineup? you dont.

You can almost read the pouting, when Smush is feeling threatened... Did you see Smush, at the line??... He looked the same way, in the playoffs... You can tell when Smush gets stressed out.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

now we're comparing kobe to smush playing the pg. wow. kobe at the sg, is last year laker basketball. so of course the pg guy will look better. i know we really dont expect smush to take guys off the dribble and dish. do we? not that he shouldn't be able to. but is that what we really want. when kobe is out there, lo is out there. luke is out there? i doubt it.

unless phil has switched it up.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

The thing I don't like.

Kobe has 17 shots (acceptable)
Odom has 13 shots (acceptable)

Bynum has 10 shots and Parker has 13 shots.

We need to play more inside, especially if the PG's are going to shoot as bad as they are.

I don't know. I just don't like an entire qtr going by with Parker shooting as much as he did but without the Centers getting single shot.

The first half? Actually used the bigs. Less TO's. Become guard oriented and too much reliant on penetration? TO's get higher and worse shot %

Just my take on PG situation.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I tend to disagree with Westphal, about our PG situation... I think we will be just fine... We're just learning how to use all our different parts. Things are falling into place. Farmar plays one style... Smush is a bit different.... Sasha and Farmar seem to work well... Smush has to calm down, and just concentrate on his game. Stop worrying, about who is going to take his job.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

You know Smush was not doing well tonight...there was actually a Sasha sighting.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Chucky should just make a recording... He said the same things, when he was with the Lakers... "We were just tired, sluggish... We need to be more aggressive..."

I have been surprised, with Kobe's ballhandling, lately... Usually, I just cringe, when Kobe does too much ballhandling... I think, the new improvement is more about everyone getting more practice, on those inlet passes. Someone has really been working them, on that ballhandling... It's starting to click again...

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of the win, I still dont think we played very well.
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

So, apparently the opposite is also true: winning does not diminish everything.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

i only give autographed photos of myself for floor seats. YOU KNOW THIS.

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

In general, I tend to agree. There was lots of sloppiness. 18 turnovers is still way too high.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
odom for frye?

i only give autographed photos of myself for floor seats. YOU KNOW THIS.

I'll bet that elm tree isn't as stingy with the autographs. And it plays stellar D.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The thing I don't like.

Kobe has 17 shots (acceptable)
Odom has 13 shots (acceptable)

Bynum has 10 shots and Parker has 13 shots.

We need to play more inside, especially if the PG's are going to shoot as bad as they are.

I don't know. I just don't like an entire qtr going by with Parker shooting as much as he did but without the Centers getting single shot.

The first half? Actually used the bigs. Less TO's. Become guard oriented and too much reliant on penetration? TO's get higher and worse shot %

Just my take on PG situation.

see this is the thing. if you dont want the Pg's to shoot much. then they are going to have to make every single shot they take. because they will go zone on us. and it will be late in the game and parker/farmar/sham will have to make a three. its very hard to make a shot like that when you havent' had the touches. especially if only 1 of those guys would be considered a shooter. and thats shammond.

see this is where that idea of our pg's need to be aggressive. but wait they can't be to aggressive cause Bynum/TUriaf(when he plays.)/kwame needs the ball when they have their man sealed. its tough. and this is another reason our guard play at point is going to be inconsistent all year long.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: