BULLS -at- LAKERS - 11/19 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:

I know there is the whole pride thing, and Kobe is an overall better player, but maybe Kobe needs to give Odom control of the team, let him be the go-to guy for now, get his confidence up, and thus make him a dangerous asset for the rest of the season, as well as post-season.

Did anyone notice Kobe asking for the guys to get out of Odom's way and have an open floor for that last shot at the end of the 1st quarter?

Kobe is trying to get Odom be more aggressive.. it's a process that both Kobe and Odom have to learn together.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
encina1 wrote:

I know there is the whole pride thing, and Kobe is an overall better player, but maybe Kobe needs to give Odom control of the team, let him be the go-to guy for now, get his confidence up, and thus make him a dangerous asset for the rest of the season, as well as post-season.

Did anyone notice Kobe asking for the guys to get out of Odom's way and have an open floor for that last shot at the end of the 1st quarter?

Kobe is trying to get Odom be more aggressive.. it's a process that both Kobe and Odom have to learn together.

I did NOT notice that. Good to know
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Great Recap once again. Too bad about Farmar. Good thing about him is he is young and will recover easier.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

Sometimes you gotta win games you have no business winning. 40% shooting, 22 TO's, 16 offensive boards given up - normally, those all spell doom, but the Bulls were thankfully worse.

All I've wanted out of our centers was to "Be like Ben." Our 2-headed monster out-did Ben last night, offensively and defensively.

It is so cool to see our little guy Andrew grow up before our eyes. This only means huge problems for the rest of the league.

Kwame is playing with a lot of energy off the bench and seems intent to make every moment count. Yeah, he still makes mistakes, but he more than tries to make up for them on subsequent plays. That dunk was a great energy boost.

Lamar had one of those mismatches against Deng and really exploited it all night. Kobe was a little more laid back tonight.

Our PG's actually outplayed another team's PG's... or maybe that's because Hinrich & Duhon completely stunk up the joint. Re: Sasha - is it me or does it just seem like he's got the green light to just gun up shots? 4 shots in 5 minutes? And a lot of them, quick, catch'n'shoot jumpers early in the shot clock? JoFar looked like he tripped on the Staples Center decal on the floor. Hopefully, he heals quickly.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

He's taking those shots because he's trying to fake being confident. However, it doesn't work that way. Just as you can't get too down on yourself, you can't fool yourself by pretending that it isn't affecting you. It's really a tough thing to figure out, to know what state of mind you need to be in, and unfortunately, without his lack-of-driving ability and his poor defense, he has no way else to contribute to the team, while trying to work through this.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

It looked to me like Jordan hit a wet spot on the floor. I could be wrong...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

SMUSH PARKER on ben wallace is all I gotta say.
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
It looked to me like Jordan hit a wet spot on the floor. I could be wrong...

FSN showed replays, if it was wet he probably would have slipped forward over (Outwardly). Instead his ankle turned (ouch) inwardly. Hopefully - he will be okay in a few days (ice that baby!)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: