Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
Getting Monday started well with a nice bourbon & 7up at LAX as I prepare to hit San Fran for the first time.

Consulting Los Angeles/LG bylaw: If I goto AT&T Park and root for the Giants, am I going straight to hell?

Hell is not good enough. Your wardrobe will be replaced with Sharks and Celtics gear. Mostly for women.

That's just cruel and sadistic. Eternal flames and damnation are one thing. The shame of that puke green and failure of that San Jose teal broadcasted all over me is beyond soul crushing.

I'll reconsider when and who to toss my cheers out for Tuesday.

Just don't mention LA Kings, Dodgers, and Seahawks. Otherwise, you'll get shivved by a converted fork.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
Getting Monday started well with a nice bourbon & 7up at LAX as I prepare to hit San Fran for the first time.

Consulting Los Angeles/LG bylaw: If I goto AT&T Park and root for the Giants, am I going straight to hell?

Hell is not good enough. Your wardrobe will be replaced with Sharks and Celtics gear. Mostly for women.

That's just cruel and sadistic. Eternal flames and damnation are one thing. The shame of that puke green and failure of that San Jose teal broadcasted all over me is beyond soul crushing.

I'll reconsider when and who to toss my cheers out for Tuesday.

C M B wrote:
WOw really? For how long?

Leaving Thursday morning, so I have the rest of tonight, and the next two full days. I've got AT&T Park down for tomorrow, spent some good time at the Wharf today, will hit the trolley to Market st. and hopefully Alcatraz, but I'm still wondering what I should definitely see before I head back home.

Go to Ghirardelli Square by the warf just to see it. North Beach has cool bars and places to eat and is about 2 miles from the Warf. If you have time, go over the Golden Gate Bridge and check out Tiburon or Sausalito.

Union Square is ok for shopping and has a few good bars. MoMos is across from At&T for pre game drinks and gets pretty packed, there is also another bar next to MoMos. At&T also has the Public House where people drink before the game and you can enter the park from inside there.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Leaving Thursday morning, so I have the rest of tonight, and the next two full days. I've got AT&T Park down for tomorrow, spent some good time at the Wharf today, will hit the trolley to Market st. and hopefully Alcatraz, but I'm still wondering what I should definitely see before I head back home.

Awesome! Plenty of time to see most of SF's gifts:

Alcatraz
Do the full audio tour. The audio is well-done, haunting, and the island is just awesome. Do it at night, if available, because the experience is twice is good, thanks to the darkness, and the breathtaking views of the city. 10/10, but buy your tickets ASAP because they go quick

The Exploratorium
If there is any childlike wonder, curiosity, or appreciation of sciencewithin you, this place is a blast. tl;dr it's a science museum that you can see, touch, and play with, and it's fun for all ages. 10/10 on the must-do scale. This requires at least 4 hours of your time so you might want to save it for its own trip. Another, separate ticket will get into the Tactile Dome, which is basically you trying to find your way in the dark, touching things, guessing what they are, and dropping down spiral slides into giant piles of koosh balls...stuff like that. 10/10

Golden Gate Park
The west coast's Central Park, except bigger. "Better" is up an the beholder. Take at least 30 minutes to walk through. I think that if you take the bus here, you can hit Haight street in the same walk. 10/10

Twin Peaks
Panoramic view of SF and the Bay. It might take you 20 minutes to get here, but it's not far and totally worth it.

Muir Woods national monument
A 15 minute drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge. Redwood forest. Overgrown trees. Lots of moss. Just beautiful. 10/10

Mission district
Bars. Some dives, some classy, some good food. Good crowd. Think of Venice Beach's grime but with a respectable night scene. At the most, you'll have some good beer, if you're into that, play some pool, if you're into that, and maybe meet some cool chick who majors in communicative disorders at SF state, and will tell you about her dogs and how she loved the idea of moving to San Francisco at first but after living in Daly City with 3 guy roommates she's kind of getting the idea that it's not all that it's cracked up to be, and how she finally tried weed for the first time...they deliver to your door! At best you'll bang her more interesting, hotter friend. At worst, you'll get drunk at the hands of some 22 year old bartender with the sleeves rolled up on his flannel shirt and play some pinball. 7/10

Tenderloin district
The most animated, expressive, drugged out ghetto I've ever seen in America. People pooping on the sidewalk shamelessly, hypodermic needles all over the place, schizos ranting, hapless bums fighting each other and blocking traffic. If you have extra time, roll through here at any time of day or night to be delightfully repulsed, and marvel at just how defined its borders are. One second you're in a decent area of the city, and then before you know it, bam, guy sitting on the curb wiping his ass with his jacket 4/10

The Conservatory of Flowers
A greenhouse with some pretty cool plantlife, if you're into that stuff. I don't know if it's going on right now, but last year they featured a room filled with hundreds of butterflies. It was literally filled with butterflies that would flutter past you, land on you, and cover all of the surfaces. I can't say there are many opportunities to do this anywhere else. 10/10 with butterflies, 4/10 without. Located inside GG park.

Sausalito
Nice suburb just north of the bridge. Some great views of the city from here and just an interesting, quiet getaway a couple of miles from the craziness of the city. 5/10

The Wharf
Looks like you've already seen it. Touristy, but worth it just for the fish & chips. 3 huge pieces of cod + curly fries for $9. fat kid 10/10

Castro district
Anal sex headquarters of the world. Also home to the best god damned Ice Cream shop I've ever had, which serves all organic stuff. When I was there in June they had this roasted banana flavor...omg. 11/10 if gay. Also 10/10 if not gay, but you like Ice Cream and enjoy culture.
www.biritecreamery.com

Little Italy
Great delis and authentic baked Ziti. 10/10 if you've ever enjoyed eating

Chinatown
Upside down and inside out animals hanging in store windows. Crowds of soul-dead old Chinese ladies who will knock you over on the way home from picking up some bok choi. Fresh produce, cheap goods, some pretty good restaurants here. Good luck with parking. 10/10

The Painted Ladies
The houses (or at least the front of them) used in the filming of Full House. I never watched the show but still enjoyed seeing this. The view from the front of the house is also a nice park from which you can view city's skyline. 10/10 if Full House fan. 7/10 if not

Ghirardelli Square
10/10 if you're a fan of chocolate anything

Oakland
No redeeming value to Oakland whatsoever. 0/10

You just reminded me of how much I love the bay area.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
C M B wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Awesome! Plenty of time to see most of SF's gifts:

Alcatraz
Do the full audio tour. The audio is well-done, haunting, and the island is just awesome. Do it at night, if available, because the experience is twice is good, thanks to the darkness, and the breathtaking views of the city. 10/10, but buy your tickets ASAP because they go quick

The Exploratorium
If there is any childlike wonder, curiosity, or appreciation of sciencewithin you, this place is a blast. tl;dr it's a science museum that you can see, touch, and play with, and it's fun for all ages. 10/10 on the must-do scale. This requires at least 4 hours of your time so you might want to save it for its own trip. Another, separate ticket will get into the Tactile Dome, which is basically you trying to find your way in the dark, touching things, guessing what they are, and dropping down spiral slides into giant piles of koosh balls...stuff like that. 10/10

Golden Gate Park
The west coast's Central Park, except bigger. "Better" is up an the beholder. Take at least 30 minutes to walk through. I think that if you take the bus here, you can hit Haight street in the same walk. 10/10

Twin Peaks
Panoramic view of SF and the Bay. It might take you 20 minutes to get here, but it's not far and totally worth it.

Muir Woods national monument
A 15 minute drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge. Redwood forest. Overgrown trees. Lots of moss. Just beautiful. 10/10

Mission district
Bars. Some dives, some classy, some good food. Good crowd. Think of Venice Beach's grime but with a respectable night scene. At the most, you'll have some good beer, if you're into that, play some pool, if you're into that, and maybe meet some cool chick who majors in communicative disorders at SF state, and will tell you about her dogs and how she loved the idea of moving to San Francisco at first but after living in Daly City with 3 guy roommates she's kind of getting the idea that it's not all that it's cracked up to be, and how she finally tried weed for the first time...they deliver to your door! At best you'll bang her more interesting, hotter friend. At worst, you'll get drunk at the hands of some 22 year old bartender with the sleeves rolled up on his flannel shirt and play some pinball. 7/10

Tenderloin district
The most animated, expressive, drugged out ghetto I've ever seen in America. People pooping on the sidewalk shamelessly, hypodermic needles all over the place, schizos ranting, hapless bums fighting each other and blocking traffic. If you have extra time, roll through here at any time of day or night to be delightfully repulsed, and marvel at just how defined its borders are. One second you're in a decent area of the city, and then before you know it, bam, guy sitting on the curb wiping his ass with his jacket 4/10

The Conservatory of Flowers
A greenhouse with some pretty cool plantlife, if you're into that stuff. I don't know if it's going on right now, but last year they featured a room filled with hundreds of butterflies. It was literally filled with butterflies that would flutter past you, land on you, and cover all of the surfaces. I can't say there are many opportunities to do this anywhere else. 10/10 with butterflies, 4/10 without. Located inside GG park.

Sausalito
Nice suburb just north of the bridge. Some great views of the city from here and just an interesting, quiet getaway a couple of miles from the craziness of the city. 5/10

The Wharf
Looks like you've already seen it. Touristy, but worth it just for the fish & chips. 3 huge pieces of cod + curly fries for $9. fat kid 10/10

Castro district
Anal sex headquarters of the world. Also home to the best god damned Ice Cream shop I've ever had, which serves all organic stuff. When I was there in June they had this roasted banana flavor...omg. 11/10 if gay. Also 10/10 if not gay, but you like Ice Cream and enjoy culture.
www.biritecreamery.com

Little Italy
Great delis and authentic baked Ziti. 10/10 if you've ever enjoyed eating

Chinatown
Upside down and inside out animals hanging in store windows. Crowds of soul-dead old Chinese ladies who will knock you over on the way home from picking up some bok choi. Fresh produce, cheap goods, some pretty good restaurants here. Good luck with parking. 10/10

The Painted Ladies
The houses (or at least the front of them) used in the filming of Full House. I never watched the show but still enjoyed seeing this. The view from the front of the house is also a nice park from which you can view city's skyline. 10/10 if Full House fan. 7/10 if not

Ghirardelli Square
10/10 if you're a fan of chocolate anything

Oakland
No redeeming value to Oakland whatsoever. 0/10

You just reminded me of how much I love the bay area.

Me too! It would be my next favorite place to live should anything catastrophic happen to SoCal.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

remember to dress in warm cloths for the Giants game. It's not like LA, it will be pretty cold at night.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for all the important input fellas! About to go into the ballpark right now. Nice call on the clothes btw, it's August and the wind chill still makes it cold as (bleep) out here. I'll report more on the adventures tomorrow.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Revenge of the Sith Recording Sessions. Why haven't I dl'ed this before and why can't the idiots at Sony put out a full album.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

Pimping for my son. No pressure but the Dad's handbook says I have to do this kind of stuff. If you have a few extra bucks lying around and want to support a good cause, i.e. music programs in our public schools, consider donating in my sons name to our high school's marching band program. Message me if you're interested

I know begging for money is probably against LG rules but hey...this is PDTP where we don't play by no stinking rules.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

10 year high school reunion this weekend. Don't feel like going. There's free drinks but not sure if worth having to deal with these people again.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject:

CMB Rocks.

That is all.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
10 year high school reunion this weekend. Don't feel like going. There's free drinks but not sure if worth having to deal with these people again.

I went to the 10 year reunion. Strange event. Strange people. Strangers.

I never went to any subsequent reunion. Never felt I missed anything.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Evil Makes My D- Grow
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

Not sure this boy gets it.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

Sccit made my list of banned users grow.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

Please delete this poster?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
24 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

Time to take out the trash.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
24 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Sccit wrote:
Evil Makes My D- Grow

Time to take out the trash.

TTTOTT?
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject:

Did I mention that DMR rocks?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Had a #19 today. My favorite waitress was there but she wasn't on counter duty. Too bad. I'm in a fighting mood, so someone take me up on this:

#19 is 1,000,000x better than the godmother. If you disagree I will fight you on this. I will slap you around in public while children watch:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Did I mention that DMR rocks?

Getting your rocks off?
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Translation: You're going to the damn reunion, but if it sucks like you think it will, you're going to be pissed and blame 24 for the (bleep) of it.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Had a #19 today. My favorite waitress was there but she wasn't on counter duty. Too bad. I'm in a fighting mood, so someone take me up on this:

#19 is 1,000,000x better than the godmother. If you disagree I will fight you on this. I will slap you around in public while children watch:

I would tend to agree, but it doesn't take me an hour in traffic and the risk of getting shot or carjacked to get a godmother.

Of course, on the other side, I can't pick up a vial of high quality crack on my way to or from Bay Cities.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Translation: You're going to the damn reunion, but if it sucks like you think it will, you're going to be pissed and blame 24 for the (bleep) of it.

Why not? Whatever works.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Why not? Whatever works.

The drinks aren't free if you're forced to spend an evening hanging out with people you don't like. Sounds like a break even at best.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next
Page 1691 of 2025
Jump to: