PACERS -at- LAKERS - 12/4 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Farmar's only problem with being asked to play a big role is his conditioning. I don't think he's ready to play 25-30 minutes a night. That IMO is the biggest reason (along with the calls he wouldn't get as a rookie) that he's playing less than Smush.
I agree that stamina is a key factor is Farmar consistently playing 25+ minutes. I don't think that Smush would react very well coming off the bench, though I believe that his skills/mindset are idea for being the 6th man.

In addition, the Lakers presently have a team that is as deep as the Mavs that have multiple weapons/players/combinations that would be effective against just about any style in the league from the Suns (fast-paced), Rockets (grinding offense that we have to battle in the paint - we'll see how effective we are when we play Yao), Magic (athletic team), Jazz (precision-oriented offensive sets) to the Spurs (well-coached/disciplined teams - we'll get a more accurate barometer when we play them in the near future).

They have the lineup to
** Go Small with Turiaff/LO/Vlad/Cook at the "5"
** Go against teams with prominent centers with Bynum/Kwame at the "5"
** Go with a defensive team with Kobe/Evans/Farmar/LO/Turaiff
** Offensive team with Cook/LO/Kobe/Farmar/Luke
** Precision team with Luke/Kobe/LO/Farmar/Evans
** Energy team with Turiaff/Evans/Farmar/Kobe/LO
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

^ Flexibility and balance are key to being a contender. I still think we could use one more flexible player (and some more experience, of course). We need to either find our Chauncy Billups or get a big guard (preferably a veteran) who can ball handle, hit some shots and D-up at the 1-2 spots. To me, that's a guy like Pietrus with the Warriors...who could actually play three spots for us in the Tri. But, I think that would make a big impact on this team and round out that flexibility/balance extremely well.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject:

I love the passing from turiaf, walton and kobe. It's just so beautiful to watch. The balanced mode Kobe's back. I am in heaven.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

Smush's defense has really picked up. He was harrassing the Pacers PGs pretty well throughout the game, putting some nice pressure on the ball at times.

Pretty clear Smush fits a lot better in the starting lineup than a lot of people want to give him credit for. Talk about a brilliant find, where would this team be without Smush Parker the last two years?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
^ Flexibility and balance are key to being a contender. I still think we could use one more flexible player (and some more experience, of course). We need to either find our Chauncy Billups or get a big guard (preferably a veteran) who can ball handle, hit some shots and D-up at the 1-2 spots. To me, that's a guy like Pietrus with the Warriors...who could actually play three spots for us in the Tri. But, I think that would make a big impact on this team and round out that flexibility/balance extremely well.
Do you think that either Evans or Sasha can develop into this type of guard? Do you think that McKie will actually do some of this on the court, since I understand that he's providing guidance from the bench?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Well, if you take the best qualities of each of them, that would probably be a solid player. Problem is, that takes a lot of roster space. And while Mo can't handle the ball like Sasha and Sasha can't D-up like Mo and neither have McKie's experience, it would be nice to get one body to fill those areas and, hopefully, at a higher level all at once while on the court. Makes life a lot easier.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Well, if you take the best qualities of each of them, that would probably be a solid player. Problem is, that takes a lot of roster space. And while Mo can't handle the ball like Sasha and Sasha can't D-up like Mo and neither have McKie's experience, it would be nice to get one body to fill those areas and, hopefully, at a higher level all at once while on the court. Makes life a lot easier.

And this is why a Garnett trade needs to happen.

I know you were talking about something entirely different, but you made the point.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
If someone comes in that replaces Smush in the starting lineup, Smush might lose all his confidence and be totally useless to the Lakers. Sasha has a chance to be a Billips-type guard - note: Do you think that Billips can effectively guard people like Ford, Parker, etc.?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

You've got to remember, it's also a two-way street. I've seen Billups take Parker completely out of a game on the other end with his size. It the Tri, that could be exploited even more if they want.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: