Net's Moore arrested, cops admit error

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Net's Moore arrested, cops admit error

Quote:
Moore arrested, cops admit error

Mikki Moore, a reserve forward on the Nets, was arrested shortly after the team's flight from Toronto touched down at Newark Airport early yesterday, apparently the victim of an erroneous warrant stemming from child-support issues.

After customs officials received the arrest warrant, Moore was detained for several hours, according to Port Authority police spokesman Mark Lavargna, who said Moore was released at approximately noon yesterday. The Nets' flight landed shortly after midnight following a loss to the Raptors.

Lavargna said the warrant should not have been issued since Moore has a court appearance scheduled for Dec. 26.

"There should not have been a warrant for him," said Lavargna. "It should not have happened the way it did."

Before last night's game against the Pistons at the Meadowlands, Moore said a computer glitch led to his arrest and he denied that he was held for "too long."

Moore said his court appearance in Detroit on Dec. 26 - the day the Nets are playing the Pistons in Auburn Hills - is to reschedule a hearing for sometime after the season ends.

Moore said paperwork had to be faxed to authorities before he could be released. He said he called his girlfriend, who then got in touch with the proper officials.

Moore, an eight-year veteran in his second stint with the Nets, said he spent his time chatting with police, who first thought he was a Knick. He said he told police that he understood they were just doing their jobs.

Moore said what bothered him the most about the incident was that he couldn't make it to the Nets' practice facility yesterday morning to get treatment on his ailing back. He spent much of his time before last night's game getting that treatment.

"All of you know I'm a laid-back guy, I don't let things bother me," Moore said. "It wasn't really anything big."

I like Moore's response...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: