Car question: so I got Sirius for Christmas...UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject:

OK, so here is the update. I had every intention of buying the tape deck for my car even though this model only takes one type of tape deck and it costs nearly $200.

But wait, my gf's father works with cars and he told me to wait to see if he could find a better stereo and face plate that would fit my car, something really useful. So I waited and waited...and still nothing. His search would just be dumb luck if he found something.

Eventually the antenna on my Sirius went, and I was without for a week or two. I went to Best Buy to see if the antenna could be replaced since it just went, and while there I was talked into doing the FM modulator. Hey, if it did not sound good, they would take it off and I would not be charged anything.

Let me say I was not open to trying the FM modulator because the audio guys I went to at professional car audio stores said it sounded like crap, and I'd be no better off than doing the FM transmitter thing.

But I give it a chance, let the Best Buy guys install it and mount the radio, and hide all the cables and everything.

It sounds great! I am not sure what those other guys were talking about, the FM modulator sounds just perfect. I get no interference from local radio stations, the reception is crystal clear, and I am genuinely very happy with the work Best Buy did.

So that's my update. Everything is working fine now, I can get my satellite radio, and I am pleased with the FM modulator. No problems whatsoever.

But I must say, the satellite going down came at a good time, as I just got the new Modest Mouse CD during this time and I was able to listen to it non-stop for two weeks while my satellite was down. And the CD, in my opinion, is really good.

That's all I got to say. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and gave me opinions and suggestions. And if anyone still has any questions, go ahead and add 'em here or PM me.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject:

how much was the damage financially for that install?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject:

Best Buy gave me good deals. For installation and the bracket and everything, I paid $128.

I would have paid $70 more for the antenna and bracket, but the sales guy just threw it in for free.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Peentriit
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject:

rak_90046 wrote:
you need to get any car radio with the aux in the front of the car radio. i have sirius too, but im too cheap to buy a different car radio. So, i just listern to it with satic sound.

Me too, I just keep a car mp3 player fm transmitter in my car,

listen to music and news, so so
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: