MAVS -at- LAKERS - 1/7 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Great recap, as usual! Thanks!!

By the way, are you the Dancing Barry featured in today's L.A. Times?:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-crowe8jan08,1,7797584.story

Mark

im curious too
ofticated22
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I'm proud of Sasha. Is is just me, or did anyone else hear Jack Haley (or was it James Worthy in the Sunday Sports Central report) say that next to Kobe, Sasha's the most unstoppable Laker in practice?

i heard the same thing, crazy
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
markjay wrote:

Mark

im curious too
Based on what DB wrote about himself here and here, LG's DancingBarry isn't the Dancing Barry who performed at the Forum during the Magic era.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:

the love/hate of Sasha

when i was watching the game and Sasha hit that last 3, my wife said "who was that, Sasha?" to which i replied "YEAH!" she then said "but you hate him" "not right now i don't" i replied
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:

Mark

No, I am not. Glad to see an article on the only Laker mascot type we've ever had, though. Teach those youngin's out here a little history about the Showtime Era madness.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
the love/hate of Sasha

when i was watching the game and Sasha hit that last 3, my wife said "who was that, Sasha?" to which i replied "YEAH!" she then said "but you hate him" "not right now i don't" i replied

He is getting mad props here in Texas (AM 1420 Sporting News Radio). The host used to call him "Sissy Vujacic. "

They said that we are looking like the Bulls back in the day. Compared Turiaf to Rodman and said he was a steal in the 2nd round. They gave MK props and said that the "the game has passed (the Logo) by." I guess this is in reference to his last few drafts with LA. They were really impressed with 4 straight without LO/Kwame. They said we are a legitimate PG away from making the Finals. Maybe the host is from LG? But... they think that Suns are the best?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

DB, I know that because of current injury problems with our bigs, Ronny has been playing the C spot exclusively. Currently I'm hoping to see a F/C duo of Ronny and Bynum. Do you believe this is the foreseeable future? I don't recall them playing together on the floor very much this year. Also what has become of the "hip problems" that Ronny had. It's been 3 games logging heavy minutes, and he seems fine. Do you think that it was perhaps an excuse created for the lack playing time he was getting? Or is it something we should still be worried about?

We've seen Bynum/Turiaf on the floor only a few instances. I do think that we'll see much more of that combo in the future. Don't know when, though, and certainly not with our injuries. I don't recall the nature of the hip problems are, but I don't think it's the kind of thing where he couldn't play, but it might be the kind of thing that if you accumulate too much wear early in the season it may get worse when we need him the most later. I was given some info on it, I'll have to see if I can dig that up.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

DB - On Bynum. I thought last night showed how he can get stronger in the arms.

He can get stronger in all areas. That will make the game so much easier for him. It's just a matter of time. Like I've said a gazzilion times, he a power and finesse bigman still trying to develop his power and finesse. It's not always there and people get irked...but it will come and he's going to be a load.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject:

This game is a direct result of our Game 7 collapse against Phoenix. Phil and Kobe stood their ground and played the team game and everyone on the team was held responsible for the failure of winning that game.

Now all the players know Kobe isn't trying to be Jordan and carry the team on his back alone and they will have to be what they are - talented players who are capable of winning.

I am proud of Sasha. I actually believe he is a better player when the game is on the line. He finally just reacts. I've never really backed him, but he does have heart and he deserves a moment like last night. Hopefully a building block for the present and future.

My man Smush! What can you say? People kill him like I kill Sasha. Let the maligned rule the day and be our hereos when the sun sets on the fields of glory.

Great game. Great recap by the one and only DB.

Love, Peace, Purple and Gold!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
lakerskobe247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:

DB, how well of a job do you think Kobe did on defending Dirk? It was pretty strange.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:

That offensive foul was huge, just a mental mistake by Dirk. Plus not going into the post against Kobe was a mistake. I'm surprised Kobe got taken off the dribble. Not surprised he got shot over. If Kobe could have crowded him and recovered when Dirk goes off the dribble, we might have something...but I think last night was sketchy.
farmarboys
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Ronny and Sasha really played some ball. KUDOS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: