Nazr/Flip from Pistons?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Nazr/Flip from Pistons?

In Vescey's column about the Griz Trading Gasol.....he mentioned the Pistons wanting to trade these two guys....right now.....what do u think?

at this point i would offer up Vlad Rad and Cook without hesitation....or other options if they didn't want those players or they wanted expiring K's
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't want Flip even if we traded a bag of peanuts for him.

He already has been linked to recent chemistry and locker room issues with the Pistons. Another one of those "all offense/shooting, nothing else" players. We have enough offense as is, so much so that I still think we should put out a lineup with Bynum/Kwame/Odom/Kobe/Smush, without giving any regard to Kwame's ability at the 4.

Nazr would be a decent addition, just don't bring in Flip with him.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject:

^^

you're probably right about Flip Murray, but when he was playing PG while Billups was out he was actually putting up 7, 8, 9 assist per game at one stage and looking pretty solid, as well as scoring

but, realistically he is basically a duplication of Smush....

Nazr on the other hand would allow us to play Bynum at C, Kwame at PF and still have a legit C coming off the bench, or start Nazr....could be good
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject:

BTW......i actually had a dream the other night that Kwame was playing for the Pistons and wearing no: 81....

but there is no way the Lakers would trade Kwame Brown to the Pistons for Nazr Mohammed.........or is there......?????????

P.S. that last line was my best emplay impersination (ouch man am i gonna cop it around here for that one, oh no)
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
^^

you're probably right about Flip Murray, but when he was playing PG while Billups was out he was actually putting up 7, 8, 9 assist per game at one stage and looking pretty solid, as well as scoring

but, realistically he is basically a duplication of Smush....

Nazr on the other hand would allow us to play Bynum at C, Kwame at PF and still have a legit C coming off the bench, or start Nazr....could be good

I remember one of those games was against Philly, another being Phoenix. Not to take anything away from the numbers, but those aren't exactly all world defensive teams.

I think he would be like Smush Parker on speed. At least Smush doesn't go crazy with his shots and keeps it to a minimal, I think Flip if he came here would just start chucking em up without any regard. Phil and Kobe would have a talk with him about toning it down and taking less shots. He'd be pissed because that is the opposite of how he played his entire career, and then pout and mess things up.

I normally am very turned off by players like Eddie House and Flip Murray, although those few games Flip did get some dimes, so maybe I'm a little off.

Regardless, you are right, Nazr would be pretty decent. He would give us more flexiblity, I really would like to see us try out a lineup of Bynum/Kwame/Odom/Kobe/Smush, but having Nazr backing up Bynum would be better than Turiaf.

Though if the Pistons want to deal both Nazr AND Flip in the same package, I don't think it's worth it. Just my opinion though.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:

^^^ if Mihm was healthy this wouldn't even be an issue...ironic
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject:

don't really see the need for this to be moved....all sorts of trade proposals are brought up in the Lounge and left there, why is this any different......was it my emplay reference....LOL
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
don't really see the need for this to be moved....all sorts of trade proposals are brought up in the Lounge and left there, why is this any different......was it my emplay reference....LOL

trade "proposals" are quite possibly the biggest waste of space on the internet..

its about time the mods made a forum for them to be posted in or moved to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: