Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

I just cannot get how he goes 4-4 in the first and not a sniff the last 3 quarters.

It is easy to explain when you consider you have perimeter players who think the 3-point shot is a good shot, and believe that the Lakers are a perimeter team. A good example is the playoff series against the Suns last year. We were all excited because the Suns bigs were injured, and the Lakers should have had a big advantage inside. Unfortunately, the team didn't think like us, and we died with perimeter play. This team just doesn't have the mindset of utilizing its post players.

But doesn't the emphasis on perimeter play come from the coaches? Drew gets 4 attempts in the 1st Q and none the rest of the way is either lack of emphasis or piss-poor coaching.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:

Wildcat - I read your post but I thought I'd let the thread die. Ok, so you want my reply.

I think there are a number of things at work here. One, Phil's never had a highschooler. Phil didn't think 19 year old Lebron should have been in the NBA. He's not going to think that 19 year old Bynum should be. That's bias #1.

Then there's the things I mentioned about how Phil was not as interested in drafting Bynum and was willing to trade him last season for an Artest. Jimmy Buss the whole time is telling everyone and their momma that this kid is the next big thing. Now a year later, Buss looks like a genious and Jackson a fool. Phil who wanted Kwame desperately such that they traded a player who's an All-Star SF right now for him, by conceding to that .. loses out bigtime.

Finally in regards to this "motivational tools" you speak of. How did it work? Did Bynum look great off the bench? Did he start becoming All-World? What happenned was Drew was shocked at what Phil said, didn't understand and then his play was wayward off the bench. Meanwhile Kareem is working with him so his game is ever evolving. Next time he gets a chance to start and play big minutes (January) you see he's even better.

Bynum's improvement has very little to do with Phil and his mind games. It has far more to do with Kareem and his own work/talent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: