WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 1/22 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
Welcome Back Kobe!
Too bad the Hawks didnt trade us Harrington in the summer
I swear Bynum had more than 4 blocks

thanks DB

They gave the one he had on Biedrins(just right before the botched alley-oop) to Kobe.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:

^
And as showed against Ellis and a few other players, if he shows quickly and moves back quickly .. he can absolutely be a good S&R defender.

Also in SA - he played good S&R defense too. Infact since the 4th qtr of the Miami game, I think Drew has take a big step in his defense against the P&R (Though like the rest of the team still needs work)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Fox played when you could use your hands and arms more on the perimeter. He has said he's glad he's not playing with these new rules because he'd be toast. Luke can be a pretty decent team defender, but he will be overmatched on some nights at his position athletically and someone else will have to step up...LO, Kobe, or Mo.
Maybe he can take the Bruce Bowen/Ron Artest attitude of "bodying up" and/or constantly moving his hands (as Bruce stated on TNT) to create problems/difficulties while "funneling" his defender into help? Luke is the worst victim when the Lakers don't play good Team D because of his lack of foot speed. On the other hand, if the Lakers play good Team D - he looks great!

Bynum and S&R defense
With the Mavs' veteran players, they play good (not great) Team D that allows Diop to recover while the other plays are dropping down to the level of the ball. When Bynum is able to make the necessary decisions quicker, he will be able to do that. Drew faces the dilemma of getting stronger while retaining his quickness
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
BTW - Small typo

Quote:
Bynum's potential to be among the elite young players in the lead and will not trade him.

Pretty sure you mean in the league here.

Thank you, sir.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Good job!

Drew is getting screwed with touches/minutes - is there some sort of issue with him and Phil or Kareem?

I don't think there is an issue. And, I don't have a problem with his minutes so far...just touches. We go through a period at the start of games where we establish the interior, but then we never go back there. We need a little more balance and a little more of an on-going threat especially when he's got an advantage.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 1/22 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings

MIMLaker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Turiaf -- -- Ronny let the hair out. I think he's losing a potential advantage to challenge shots with that. I mean, if he just got it to go straight up instead of flopping to the sides he might be able to block sight of the rim when a player tries to turn and shoot over him. It's the old Chick Hearn line from Fletch, "Ronny is listed 6-10, with the fro 7-6..." Anyway, Ronny didn't scratch on the offensive end in this game and didn't take a shot. Phil put him in late in the game to defend the more mobile Warriors lineup and Ronny did a good job mixing it up, rotating and hustling (as he usually does). He played 15 minutes and grabbed 5 boards with 1 assist.

:roll: Actually, I don't think that's the problem.

Without the rows or the tie-back, Ronny's coefficient of drag increases exponentially. Too much air resistance impedes his lift and ruins his aerodynamics. It'd be like Kobe trying to jump with two empty and fully-open lawn-size Hefty bags tethered to his head.

MIM

Nah, if it's sculpted right he might actually be able to fly across the court on a couple of wings. He could have some blocked shots that are right out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Hell, if he threw a spin while in the air, he might be able to elevate an additional couple of feet.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

DB, is it possible to find out whether Bynum's growth plates have closed? I've read somewhere that weight lifting can hasten the closing of the plates, though I'm pretty sure that they can monitor something like that(which could explain why Bynum is not putting on muscles as fast as Dwight Howard did.)
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 1/22 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Turiaf -- -- Ronny let the hair out. I think he's losing a potential advantage to challenge shots with that. I mean, if he just got it to go straight up instead of flopping to the sides he might be able to block sight of the rim when a player tries to turn and shoot over him. It's the old Chick Hearn line from Fletch, "Ronny is listed 6-10, with the fro 7-6..." Anyway, Ronny didn't scratch on the offensive end in this game and didn't take a shot. Phil put him in late in the game to defend the more mobile Warriors lineup and Ronny did a good job mixing it up, rotating and hustling (as he usually does). He played 15 minutes and grabbed 5 boards with 1 assist.
Without the rows or the tie-back, Ronny's coefficient of drag increases exponentially. Too much air resistance impedes his lift and ruins his aerodynamics. It'd be like Kobe trying to jump with two empty and fully-open lawn-size Hefty bags tethered to his head.
Nah, if it's sculpted right he might actually be able to fly across the court on a couple of wings. He could have some blocked shots that are right out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Hell, if he threw a spin while in the air, he might be able to elevate an additional couple of feet.
As Paul Westphal stated - wouldn't it have been a blast to see Ronny (w/current hairstyle) vs. Chris Kaman (before he got his hair cut) - LOL, hair flying everywhere?!?!?!?!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:
Thanks for the feed. I just can't wait till Lamar or Kwame come back...it's pretty irritating that the Lakers were allowing 98 points a game prior to Lamar's injury and 108.2 ppg after his injury.

I think I mentioned it when LO went out, but defensively it has a ripple effect. We lose flexibility at three positions. LO has defended C's, PF's and SF's, allowing us to put Kwame where he can maximize his defensive skills and allows us to hide Luke sometimes against certain players. I think last time we played Harrington, LO defended him while Luke guarded the C, Foster and Kwame was on Jermaine. Harrington had 8 points in that game, Jermaine fouled out and Foster was a non factor.

^you're right. i wonder how it feels to have to be hidden defensively?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: