Laker WILL make a deadline trade? (realgm)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Laker WILL make a deadline trade? (realgm)

Quote:
Fellow Lakeshow enthusiasts (Trixx included)... I have received VERY credible information from a legit source that the Lakers are VERY close to completing a multiple player trade for an All Star calliber player who WILL take us to the next level... If you recall, my other postings have ALL come to fruition (most recent was Webber to Detroit and Jalen to Phoenix) therefore remember this posting, again... I wasn't given a name but I was told the move is being pushed by Phil and is built around a substantial upgrade to the point guard position... My gut read is that it is Kidd with a package built around Kwame, Smush, expiring contracts and draft picks but that is derived from prior conversations... Stay tuned...

got it from CL but the guy said it originally came from realgm

www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=616558
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject:

Watch out. Some users are going to bash you because they got their hopes high on these trade rumours.

Perfect music.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject:

i saw that too...seems like bs, but you never know
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject:

btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!
kobe0825
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject:

I dont want us to trade away Kwame :roll: :roll:
Theoretic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject:

Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject:

we don't need Kidd.... we need a low post threat for KObe and Lamar to throw to and take the presure off of Bynum
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:

If we are trading Kwame to the Nets, they better send Collins or Moore along with Kidd.

That being said, if that trade is true Id welcome it, Smush and Kwame are 2 of my favorite Lakers but J-Kidd is my favorite player not named Kobe.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!

Well, apparently him and other valuable members (Sky for example) were pushed out by some posters here ...
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:

Unless Kwame is more injured than the Lakers are letting on, I don't see us trading big for small even if it is Kidd, unless we are getting some size with it (please not Mikki Moore).

The ONLY reason I would give this credibility is because Kidd is going through an ugly divorce and he might want to get away from Joumana. Other than that, it sounds way too drastic for Phil and Mitch at this point in the season. Not buying it.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject:

Don't see it, honestly. We need Kwame's defense against the bigs in the playoffs - and Phil IS about winning. He's not going to give that up for Kidd, who while still a terrific PG, isn't what he was defensively and costs us 18 mill per season. Especially since Smush has been playing much, much, MUCH better over the past 3-4 weeks, including major key defensive plays that have led to wins.

I just don't see it. I'd be more apt to think it was for Gasol and perhaps a guard of some sort, but even then this team is playing extremely well, they all finally get the system, play off of each other, and I don't see why the Lakers would disrupt that at this point. Were it the off-season, that rumor would be more credible.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder why realgm rumors don't make the front page.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject:

He got something right though. Jalen to Suns and he also said CWEBB was going to Detroit as early as Saturday.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject:

Maybe that is the reason why Kwameeeee fired his agent.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject:

CWebb was no suprise - well not in the media atleast. All of them were saying Detroit Saturday. Jalen was a bit more out there.

He must do his research either way and I'm sure has a source.

However just like last season and the year before that - we know all too well that a billion rumors will come up at this point in the year and that ussually if we hear about it, it's ussually dead at that point or totally made up.

Tell me - did anyone hear about the Indy/GS trade? No. You see from what I've noticed alot of the times when we fans read about the trade proposals it's already dead.

Kidd is an intruiging player. Based on what the Lakers would be asked to give up I would definintely consider doing it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Don't see it, honestly. We need Kwame's defense against the bigs in the playoffs - and Phil IS about winning. He's not going to give that up for Kidd, who while still a terrific PG, isn't what he was defensively and costs us 18 mill per season. Especially since Smush has been playing much, much, MUCH better over the past 3-4 weeks, including major key defensive plays that have led to wins.

I just don't see it. I'd be more apt to think it was for Gasol and perhaps a guard of some sort, but even then this team is playing extremely well, they all finally get the system, play off of each other, and I don't see why the Lakers would disrupt that at this point. Were it the off-season, that rumor would be more credible.

Well we've been getting killed on the offensive boards lately by alot of oppossing guards. Kidd is THE best rebounding guard in the NBA and still plays pretty good man defense. Alot of people say his All-Defensive Team honors of late are not warrented, but his stats seem to tell a different story (steals, rebounds).

Having Kidd could make Lamar Odom's game more expendable in a trade for Pau Gasol.

Maybe Phil has liked how the team has played without Lamar and Kwame in the lineup and thinks that the skill level of Kidd and Gasol could fit easily into his system. But all that would seem like a pretty big change in the middle of a season.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject:

I don't expect Kidd to be moved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject:

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie

Incoming
Pau Gasol
Jason Kidd

Memphis
Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Eddie Jones
Pau Gasol

Incoming
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Vince Carter

New Jersey Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Eddie Jones

Lakers - At worst they stay exactly the same with this trade. At best they upgrade at the PG and PF spot and see you in the Finals.

Memphis - Acquire Vince Carter and Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol, while dumping EJ's contract and not have to buy him out.

New Jersey - If they are clearing house, they find a place for Kidd's huge contract, move Vince Carter, have enormous cap space and have a N.Y. local to build their franchise around in Brooklyn.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie

Incoming
Pau Gasol
Jason Kidd

Memphis
Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Eddie Jones
Pau Gasol

Incoming
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Vince Carter

Outgoing
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Eddie Jones

Lakers - At worst they stay exactly the same with this trade. At best they upgrade at the PG and PF spot and see you in the Finals.

Memphis - Acquire Vince Carter and Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol, while dumping EJ's contract and not have to buy him out.

New Jersey - If they are clearing house, they find a place for Kidd's huge contract, move Vince Carter, have enormous cap space and have a N.Y. local to build their franchise around in Brooklyn.

karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie

Incoming
Pau Gasol
Jason Kidd

Memphis
Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Eddie Jones
Pau Gasol

Incoming
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Vince Carter

Outgoing
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Eddie Jones

New Jersey is getting gang raped in that one, especially with Krstic our for the season and RJ is out 6 weeks for surgery isn't he? who would they have left? I don't mind Pau for Kwame and filler, but LO isn't going anywhere guys. oh, and how can you say lakers stay exactly the same? bringing in two players who don't know the triangle mid-season, which is going to throw everyone off, not to mention the fact that Phil doesn't do midseason trades, let alone one of this magnitude. Also you're trading your best post defender and not getting one back so our interior/post defense would be horrible. And you're getting rid of your biggest mismatch vs opposing teams whoalso knows how to run the offense and is comfortable in it. Kidd gives us neither. Also, what are you going to do with all those guards? We get rid of three of our four bigs for a soft euro and an aging point guard? both of which have huge contracts? I think we get significantly worse with that.

Last edited by karlmalonefan on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ningtong88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie

Incoming
Pau Gasol
Jason Kidd

Memphis
Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Eddie Jones
Pau Gasol

Incoming
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Vince Carter

Outgoing
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Eddie Jones

LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

Kidd's contract is radioactive ... I wouldn't go near it with a ten foot pole in a biohazard suit.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie

Incoming
Pau Gasol
Jason Kidd

Memphis
Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Eddie Jones
Pau Gasol

Incoming
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Vince Carter

Outgoing
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter

Incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Eddie Jones

New Jersey is getting gang raped in that one, especially with Krstic our for the season and RJ is out 6 weeks for surgery isn't he? who would they have left? I don't mind Pau for Kwame and filler, but LO isn't going anywhere guys.

"If they are clearing house," means that they would be willing to tank this season. The current squad isn't going to contend for a title. Kidd has already been put on the block this season and there has been alot of talk about Vince leaving anyway. Not sure if any team is going to give up young, talented players for Jason Kidd, and team's would be taking a big risk of losing Carter to free agency anyway. But he may like being the #1 star again, with hopes of playing along side the #1 draft pick of '07-'08 (Oden?), Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:

:roll:

MIM

Last edited by MIMLaker on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
coolambo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject:

Sounds way off the team philosophy of building chemistry and cohesiveness throughout the regular season with the hopes of making waves in the playoffs. This has always been the trademark of Jackson's teams. With all the deficiencies this team has, I'm sure they're quite pleased with how it's turned out. Defense is our major problem right now, but keep in mind that no PJ cooached team played piss poor defense in the playoffs. The team is growing, no doubt. Are they willing to disrupt that progress by making big trades? That I have to wonder about. Nice try though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: