Laker WILL make a deadline trade? (realgm)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject:

"
Quote:
oh, and how can you say lakers stay exactly the same? bringing in two players who don't know the triangle mid-season, which is going to throw everyone off, not to mention the fact that Phil doesn't do midseason trades, let alone one of this magnitude. Also you're trading your best post defender and not getting one back so our interior/post defense would be horrible. And you're getting rid of your biggest mismatch vs opposing teams whoalso knows how to run the offense and is comfortable in it. Kidd gives us neither. Also, what are you going to do with all those guards? We get rid of three of our four bigs for a soft euro and an aging point guard? both of which have huge contracts? I think we get significantly worse with that.

-The outgoing Laker players haven't been in the lineup for many many games, so the team has already began getting acclimated to playing without Odom and Kwame.

-Mihm and McKie haven't played all season, so to consider Mihm as part of our "bigs" doesn't follow.

-What are we going to do with one of the games' best guards? Humm...

-Kwame's "interior" defense is vastly overrated. We still have Bynum and Gasol in the middle.

-Kidd wouldn't feel comfortable running an offense? Gasol isn't a huge mismatch for every single PF in the NBA?
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject:

We shall see, the trade winds blow very hard at this time of year......

Gasol or Kidd for kwame/Mihm and a ending contract plus a draft pick would be a victory for us.....

Kobe,lamar,Gasol with a up and comer Bynum makes us the best,and now.

As for Kidd........

Lamar is the perfect fit for Kobe, he allows Kobe to be Kobe,a pure scoring machine. Jason Kidd would be another ideal fit with Kobe, I cannot think of a better fit for Kobe than lamr and Kidd. Now thats building around your superstar....

Kwame and Smush for Kidd and Mikki Moore, in a split second....IMO....Farmar can learn from Kidd, Kidd would be a perfect mentor for farmar..... In two seasons Farmar can take over the reins. Thats after two more rings for the P & G....
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:

I would LOVE to see Kidd in the PnG but ... if this combo doesn't produce a championship in the next 2 1/2 years, we may have burned our best chance. Adding Kidd's salary of 20 and 21 mil the next two years pretty much locks out any other moves short of trading Odom.

In the double overtime game against the Suns, Kidd showed he can still match Nash pass for pass and bucket for bucket. Although he can't stay with him defensively ... neither can Smush. But is he enough to move us into true contention? If this deal is on the table I think we gotta take that chance.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject:

A trade in mid season would be weird, IF Phil thought we had a shot at winning a ring this year but IF they felt that it was really an impossibility, then making a mid season trade could be smart move towards winning that ring NEXT year!!

We are obviously really close now, one player away. I think a trade is very possible and makes more sense now than it ever has.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:

i think we saw that same post the last 2-3-4 years in a row now..
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
we don't need Kidd.... we need a low post threat for KObe and Lamar to throw to and take the presure off of Bynum

I don't want to sound rude, but isn't Bynum supposed to be the low post threat. If a trade can somehow be made for Kidd without giving up Odom, Bynum, or Kobe we should do it. Kidd is smart enough to pick up the offense in no time, he can be a great mentor for Farmar, and his addition will make us instant contenders.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

I do not see us taking on either Kidd's deal or Gasol's deal.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject:

I love \"insider\" threads.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind having Kidd here....but not gonna happen!
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Hey Eric, any truth to this big trade happening before the deadline? Any insight from your end that any trade is happening at all? Please enlighten us!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!

Well, apparently him and other valuable members (Sky for example) were pushed out by some posters here ...

Valuable? Yes, Sky is valuable. However, like Donnie Brasco, Lionel a teenage kid fooled everybody. He infiltrated the LG Higher Elite club. When they found out he was a fraud, deservedly so, he got whacked. Now no one wants to talk about it.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

basically if the Lakers can get an all-star for Kwame and small pieces they'd probably consider it - but they're not going to dump him laterally - and they're unlikely to make a small move that messes with the chemistry but doesn't make them clear favorites.

I would say the Lakers are answering the phone - but probably not making any real offers of any measure - save a lowball one here and there.

Frankly - they're waiting to see what the team looks like healthy considering how well they've played hurt (even with the bad losses and lack of defense)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!

Well, apparently him and other valuable members (Sky for example) were pushed out by some posters here ...

Valuable? Yes, Sky is valuable. However, like Donnie Brasco, Lionel a teenage kid fooled everybody. He infiltrated the LG Higher Elite club. When they found out he was a fraud, deservedly so, he got whacked. Now no one wants to talk about it.

Fair warning, the LG Higher Elite club asked me to dig a hole in an abandoned lot, find an old rug, and invite you over for a beer. They like snitches even less than imposters
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Kwame,Fillers,1st for Kidd and Moore in a hearbeat
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I do not see us taking on either Kidd's deal or Gasol's deal.

Two different deals.

As much as I agree with you on 34 YO Jason Kidd's contract being a sucker (2 more full seasons and more than $41MM left after this summer), Gasol has a deal typical for his age (will be 27 this coming summer) and his player status (4 more seasons, $62MM).

The Lakers will gladly take on Gasol's deal in exchange for spare parts.
I wouldn't even touch Jason's contract for anything...
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject:

If we could get Gasol for CHEAP I'd do it. I just am not impressed with Gasol. I know he's coming off an injury, but he looks slow and just isn't that impressive anymore. If we didn't give up a #1 or Lamar, Bynum, Walton, Kobe, and maybe Ronny -- I'd be for it. If they're willing to take some expiring K's then I'm all for it.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Man, if we indeed grab Kidd for Kwame and trash....itd be great...

Bynum
Odom
Kobe
Evans
Kidd

Evans would start, Phil would be able to move Kobe to SF, which he always wanted, we'd still have Walton off the bench...sick!
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I know of a guy that would bring 14.5/8.3/9.1 a game. He also brings 2 steals a game, and 82% free throws. He also can shoot the the 3 at .341%

If I told you that, and all it would take is Kwame, and some guys on our bench that don't play, I think we would all jump at that.

This guy would be our leading rebounder, and assist man and 3rd in points if he could keep those stats up. And all from the PG position.
And the best part is Smush wouldn't be starting anymore.

Anyone interested?

---George Carlin
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
I know of a guy that would bring 14.5/8.3/9.1 a game. He also brings 2 steals a game, and 82% free throws. He also can shoot the the 3 at .341%

If I told you that, and all it would take is Kwame, and some guys on our bench that don't play, I think we would all jump at that.

This guy would be our leading rebounder, and assist man and 3rd in points if he could keep those stats up. And all from the PG position.

Anyone interested?

You have forgotten to mention that guy will be 34 and has two more seasons for $41MM contract. It all sounds great unless you start mentioning what it would cost us...
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:

Anyone interested?

You have forgotten to mention that guy will be 34 and has two more seasons for $41MM contract. It all sounds great unless you start mentioning what it would cost us...

Two more seasons for a dude who is 34 and playing at such a high level? Id take it before they think over and back off on the trade.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

If we are gonna do a deal with the Nets it will be for VC not Kidd IMO.
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I'd like VC. :]

Kobe, VC and Odom together. niceeeeee.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Fair warning, the LG Higher Elite club asked me to dig a hole in an abandoned lot, find an old rug, and invite you over for a beer. They like snitches even less than imposters

As a member of the LG Higher Elite Club, all I can say is this....

Don't bring beer, bring wine. A nice Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, if you would.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Please.... if ANYONE has even a slight memory of last year, we saw things like these ALL the time. There were threads going rampant over us getting Pierce, KG, blah blah blah and none of it happened. It isn't going to happen now.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
24 wrote:

As a member of the LG Higher Elite Club, all I can say is this....

Don't bring beer, bring wine. A nice Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, if you would.

As you wish, Godfather.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: