Laker WILL make a deadline trade? (realgm)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
I know of a guy that would bring 14.5/8.3/9.1 a game. He also brings 2 steals a game, and 82% free throws. He also can shoot the the 3 at .341%

If I told you that, and all it would take is Kwame, and some guys on our bench that don't play, I think we would all jump at that.

This guy would be our leading rebounder, and assist man and 3rd in points if he could keep those stats up. And all from the PG position.
And the best part is Smush wouldn't be starting anymore.

Anyone interested?

You have forgotten to mention that guy will be 34 and has two more seasons for $41MM contract. It all sounds great unless you start mentioning what it would cost us...

There is no indication that Jason Kidd's abilities would just drop off the face of the earth in the next 2 seasons. Plus, Farmar won't be ready until then any way. What difference does his contract make? We don't have enough money in the next couple seasons to sign some blockbuster FA. We'll just have the MLE, like every year. There isn't a better PG in the league outside of Steve Nash.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Don't see it, honestly. We need Kwame's defense against the bigs in the playoffs - and Phil IS about winning.

If the trade is made, it would likely be over Phil's wishes. Kwame's defense deserted us in the playoffs last season, and some in the organization would like to see Bynum get the play that Phil would likely give to Kwame. Plus, some in the organization aren't thrilled with Kwame's off the court behavior. I think a trade of Kwame for Kidd is nearly impossible, though I would support it. But I would be surprised if Kwame is here next season, and downright shocked if he were here the following season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!

Well, apparently him and other valuable members (Sky for example) were pushed out by some posters here ...

Valuable? Yes, Sky is valuable. However, like Donnie Brasco, Lionel a teenage kid fooled everybody. He infiltrated the LG Higher Elite club. When they found out he was a fraud, deservedly so, he got whacked. Now no one wants to talk about it.

That is funny, especially considering I just watched Hoffa on TV.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
btw, where's lionel nowadays. come back!

Well, apparently him and other valuable members (Sky for example) were pushed out by some posters here ...

Valuable? Yes, Sky is valuable. However, like Donnie Brasco, Lionel a teenage kid fooled everybody. He infiltrated the LG Higher Elite club. When they found out he was a fraud, deservedly so, he got whacked. Now no one wants to talk about it.

Fair warning, the LG Higher Elite club asked me to dig a hole in an abandoned lot, find an old rug, and invite you over for a beer. They like snitches even less than imposters

Is this your chance to get made? I'm not part of the Elite so this can't be considered snitching, nor privilege info. Just followed the public postings on LG and Clublakers during that whole saga.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject:

So lionel was a fraud?
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why some complain so much about these type threads. If you don't like the rumors don't click on them and read it. I am not directing this at any one poster, but every time a post like this comes up some gripe on it and say how it isn't true and start hollering make it stop, etc. Just don't click on it and read, I personally enjoy these type posts even knowing most don't come true.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
I know of a guy that would bring 14.5/8.3/9.1 a game. He also brings 2 steals a game, and 82% free throws. He also can shoot the the 3 at .341%

If I told you that, and all it would take is Kwame, and some guys on our bench that don't play, I think we would all jump at that.

This guy would be our leading rebounder, and assist man and 3rd in points if he could keep those stats up. And all from the PG position.

Anyone interested?

You have forgotten to mention that guy will be 34 and has two more seasons for $41MM contract. It all sounds great unless you start mentioning what it would cost us...

There is no indication that Jason Kidd's abilities would just drop off the face of the earth in the next 2 seasons. Plus, Farmar won't be ready until then any way. What difference does his contract make? We don't have enough money in the next couple seasons to sign some blockbuster FA. We'll just have the MLE, like every year. There isn't a better PG in the league outside of Steve Nash.

All I am asking everybody is to stop treating Dr. Buss's money like it is some monopoly game money. Overpaying Jason next two seasons will limit our ability to sign our own FA, forget about signing somebody else.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
24 wrote:
Fair warning, the LG Higher Elite club asked me to dig a hole in an abandoned lot, find an old rug, and invite you over for a beer. They like snitches even less than imposters

As a member of the LG Higher Elite Club, all I can say is this....

Don't bring beer, bring wine. A nice Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, if you would.

Dang, and I'm not getting an invite??
I've got about 5000 bottles in my cellar!
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
24 wrote:

i want to come.. i have a great wine connection. my Bro in law works for a major wine label in NAPA!! How bout a nice bottle of the 87 mondavi opus one! will that get me in?
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject:

someone else at CL claiming to have more inside information, claiming the Lakers are trying to Move radman or kwame.. probally more BS but take it with a cup (not a grain) of salt!!

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/lakers-making-a-deadline-trade-t66874,start,390.html

pages 14-15

Quote:
From what i know; the Lakers want a 3 or a 1. despite the fact the Lakers have been patient with Vladimir Radmanovic the Lakers are exploring options to trade him for the best player available. the same can be said about Kwame Brown.

dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject:

rebirth - just read through it...guy sounds like "borat" with his bad english though...having a hard time believing someone who can't type straight is connected well enough to know anything...
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
rebirth - just read through it...guy sounds like "borat" with his bad english though...having a hard time believing someone who can't type straight is connected well enough to know anything...

i hear you! i noticed that as well. using "rather" insntead of using "whether". But me saying take it with a cup of salt really means i did not put much value in it to begin with.. but who knows maybe he is from the Spanish simulcast and his english is just poor!!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
All I am asking everybody is to stop treating Dr. Buss's money like it is some monopoly game money. Overpaying Jason next two seasons will limit our ability to sign our own FA, forget about signing somebody else.

In the next two seasons, how much money do we have to spend on a FA as talented as Jason Kidd? What FA will be available?
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:

He doesn't have to be an English professor to know someone within the organization.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
Wino wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
24 wrote:

i want to come.. i have a great wine connection. my Bro in law works for a major wine label in NAPA!! How bout a nice bottle of the 87 mondavi opus one! will that get me in?

I can offer a very fine bottle of Charles Shaw.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject:

dan - you're right but, have to admit, it makes it seem less likely...

besides, this time last year leading up to the deadline there were more than a few "insiders" who popped out of nowhere and i distinctly remember 1 or 2 of them having the same problem constructing decent sentences...

oh and someone later posted in the same thread that the lakers got miller...
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Has the LG "insiders" ever been right? Not just the fake ones, but the ones that seem to get recognition around here for being an insider?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:

Even if we sign our own FAs, we won't be signing somebody else. But we would be stuck with Kidd and not Smush and/or Walton. I consider that an improvement.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject:

Mitch did say he was looking for potential trades that might improve the team. I can see where the Lakers might opt for a player like Jason Kidd if the price is right. In a couple of seasons after this one, the Lakers will have to pay Andrew Bynum anyway, so clearing a contract at that time would make sense.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:

Anyone interested?

That would be a dream come true..If somehow could get salaries to match up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: