Lakers need to make a trade...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Lakers need to make a trade...

I do not know what to think of this team anymore but one thing i know we are not going to win with Smush as our point. No matter how you twist the situation, he is not the big guard PJ wants. I will swap him right now for Carroll if CHarlotte is crazy enough to do it. You guys can say all you want that we need to develop and keep some of the young players we have but if Mitch can find the deal to make, he needs to make it happen. This team has no defense no matter who is in there, even Kobe.

Kobe will be Kobe in the end. I know Lamar is rusty tonight but he will come around. The rest of the guys i do not know.

Bynum is too raw but has lots of potential. Farmar is a young talent but still a couple of years away. No matter how much Luke understand the triangle, this is his contract year so the jury is still out on him. If other team wants to be part of a trade i won't hesitate to do it.

What i think is we need to shake the team a bit with a trade. I have been reading lots of rumors but until it happens I am not going to believe a thing.

Here are the players i think Mitch should only consider tha t will make a huge impact:

Kidd

or

KG

The team we are trading for can pick a combo of players from usexcept for Kobe, Lamar, and Bynum.

If Mitch can not pull any trade, i do not see us going far perhaps the secound round and that's it. However, with Kobe you never know.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers need to make a trade...

Gotcha -- this is another one of those, "Why can't we trade a couple of scrubs and expiring contracts for a superstar" posts.

AZ wrote:
I do not know what to think of this team anymore but one thing i know we are not going to win with Smush as our point. No matter how you twist the situation, he is not the big guard PJ wants. I will swap him right now for Carroll if CHarlotte is crazy enough to do it. You guys can say all you want that we need to develop and keep some of the young players we have but if Mitch can find the deal to make, he needs to make it happen. This team has no defense no matter who is in there, even Kobe.

Kobe will be Kobe in the end. I know Lamar is rusty tonight but he will come around. The rest of the guys i do not know.

Bynum is too raw but has lots of potential. Farmar is a young talent but still a couple of years away. No matter how much Luke understand the triangle, this is his contract year so the jury is still out on him. If other team wants to be part of a trade i won't hesitate to do it.

What i think is we need to shake the team a bit with a trade. I have been reading lots of rumors but until it happens I am not going to believe a thing.

Here are the players i think Mitch should only consider tha t will make a huge impact:

Kidd

or

KG

The team we are trading for can pick a combo of players from usexcept for Kobe, Lamar, and Bynum.

If Mitch can not pull any trade, i do not see us going far perhaps the secound round and that's it. However, with Kobe you never know.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Why not ride this season out, then trade Kwame + filler + a first round pick for Billups? Unless a miracle trade for Kidd happens, we won't get any better this season.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Billups or Kidd is nice...
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject:

It's really bad that our starting PG can't be trusted to run the offense. LO and Kobe turn it over waay too much...
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Seriously...Lakers need to get retain that savvy PG...man I wish we still had Ron Harper.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Billups would be a better fit than Kidd IMHO. Billups can stroke the three ball, and is a better defender at this point.

Jake Speed, 1986
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Very nice!
How much?
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah - I don't expect a trade during the season. I'm more thinking of a summer aqcuisition.

Jake Speed, 1986
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject:

I still see this Laker squad getting 50-54 wins this season...I know they'll start to pick it up after the All-star break.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
Billups would be a better fit than Kidd IMHO. Billups can stroke the three ball, and is a better defender at this point.

Totally agree. And games like tonight prove that those who think the initiator can't be a PG are all wrong. Use a guy who is used to protecting the ball to initiate and you might not get 15 TOs from your initiator(s).
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I do not know what to think of this team anymore but one thing i know we are not going to win with Smush as our point.

Yep, because it was ALL Smush's fault the Lakers lost.

So, while we're on the subject, let's blame Smushy for:

-Global Warming
-High Gas Prices
-The War in Iraq
-Poverty
-Famine in Africa
-The 9/11 Attacks
-The Northridge Earthquake
-Paris Hilton
-William Hung

There, that just about covers it.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
I do not know what to think of this team anymore but one thing i know we are not going to win with Smush as our point.

Yep, because it was ALL Smush's fault the Lakers lost.

So, while we're on the subject, let's blame Smushy for:

-Global Warming
-High Gas Prices
-The War in Iraq
-Poverty
-Famine in Africa
-The 9/11 Attacks
-The Northridge Earthquake
-Paris Hilton
-William Hung

There, that just about covers it.

Well, I could think of a few more.
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject:

We were a lot worse last season and no trade went down unless you call that Jones trade to Bobcats or 2nd but that was at the start of preseason. No trades were made last year so why this year.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject:

This team does not have any peices to make a decent trade, unless it's an Odom package for a superstar, forget it...
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject:

Mihm + Future Draft Pick + Money, for Gasol...

Seriously, we should explore our chances.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject:

Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, Jordan Farmar, 2008 first round pick

for

Jason, Kidd, Mikki Moore, & Eddie House
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject:

think the FO was contemplating a trade anyway knowing this team might not be good enough to beat phoenix/dallas in a 7 game series...i guess tonight's loss just adds to the possibility that help is brought in...
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject:

Wasn't Aaron McKie supposed to be our big guard?!?!

Smush has the talents to be on the team but doesn't have the skill to initiate the offense and/or bring the ball up against pressure. When Smush is not aggressive offensively and/or not playing aggressive "D" - he is useless that highlights the need to have another ball-handler in the lineup such as LO or the fallen Luke.

Seriously doubt Mitch will make a trade during mid-season unless there is a great deal. Billips/KG/Kidd/et. al are not going to be traded at this time.

Problem with the Lakers is not necessarily talent but their mindset and will to win
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject:

Smush needs to go. Period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
Why? At more than half of other players on this team have played worser than him
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject:

Hmm... you know at first I was opposed to taking on a one dimensional shooter like House, but he'd actually be a solid backup PG in this situation. He is as similar to Craig Hodges as you could get, and come to think of it, what are the chances Smush resigns to be the backup. Deal him (with a shooter if need be) for a solid backup bigman and you could really round out the roster. Scary thing I just noticed about these "Kidd for Kwame/Farmar and filler" deals is that Kwame and Mikki's stats are pretty similar. That's not to say that Moore plays anywhere near as great of post defense, but his stats aren't far off if he gets the extra 5mpg Kwame gets.

Bynum/Moore
Odom/Turiaf/Cook
Walton/Vlad
Bryant/Evans
Kidd/Vujacic/House

*one more thing, if they pickup EJ you have minutes free for him if you deal a shooter (Cook or Vlad) to help defend at the 2/3 spot. Evans would get the nod above him, but if Vlad keeps being a "spacecase" it gives them plenty of depth and defense for the swingman spot.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:
Why? At more than half of other players on this team have played worser than him

But Smush played worserest.
NappyFox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
bluestorm1990 wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:

But Smush played worserest.

I thought he played the most worsest.
lamarvelousodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject:

smush wasnt the problem...that said..an up grade is in order
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: