Will Darko and Carlos help us?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piloepay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Will Darko and Carlos help us?

I tis mentioned in hoopsworls that Darko and Carlos want out from Orlando

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20573.shtml
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:

Yes.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject:

a young 4 that has a mid-range shot and can block shots..perfect for a tri pf...and a pg that can score better then any pg we have

With that said i dont see 2 much they would want for us unless its Kwame or Vlad
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject:

My post in another thread:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
hey wolf, you see who is above Drew? Darko.

You think that trading Kwame for Darko(and maye we can resign him cheap lets say at 6 per year), would make our frontcourt better?

I still think that Darko can be a good player in the right enviroment.

It would help offensively but I think I rather have Kwame. Milicic is a good shotblocker but we already have Bynum. Milicic has good touch but we already have Bynum with the touch and hands inside.

What Kwame gives is a physical presence that can push people around and that is something Milicic would not bring. Like Kwame, I think Darko is more of a Center than Power Forward in the NBA right now.

I don't know about that .. I don't think I would trade Kwame for Darko. I think if I trade Kwame for someone - it should be an absolute starter who will improve our core (starting 5) alot.

Bench is already very good. What we could use is a stronger starting 5.

I strongly disagree...I think Darko is one of a handful of perfect candidates to start at 4 for us...forget stashing him on the bench. There's nothing wrong with having dual shot-blockers; it would make our defense elite regardless of who we put on the perimeter.

I'll be honest I haven't seen him play live, but his scouting report on NBAdraft.net and Hoopshype correspond with what I'm seeing on this one mix I found on YouTube.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/darkomilicic.htm
http://hoopshype.com/players/darko_milicic.htm

Watching the video, you can see that he is a solid shot blocker, whether it's via help or on his own man. He's also capable of moving his feet well to defend hybrid forwards and play the P&R well.

On offense, he's more than capable of putting the ball on the floor and taking it to the rim. The last 30 seconds really showcase his passing ability. There's only one clip of him shooting but it's all the way out to 20 feet, his form is good, and he doesn't hesitate to shoot it.

He's like what we thought we'd be getting from Kwame IN ADDITION to elite shot blocking as well as solid hoop IQ and passing.

Bynum, Mihm
Darko, Turiaf, Cook
Odom, Luke, Vlad
Kobe, Evans
Farmar, Smush

That starting lineup would be ridiculously triangle-friendly, and more importantly IMO, elite defensively.

I pray to God that the Magic low-ball him his summer. They have to give some consideration for Kwame because him and Dwight would form a solid duo on defense.
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
a young 4 that has a mid-range shot and can block shots..perfect for a tri pf...and a pg that can score better then any pg we have

With that said i dont see 2 much they would want for us unless its Kwame or Vlad
I don't see where you get Carlos as a bettery scorer from especailly when the fact all this season he's been struggling with shooting the ball he's barely over 40 percetn and less than 28 percent from downtown all our point guards shoot better than that. I don't see why we need Darko either Turiaf's better than all Darko can do blocks shots thats it.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject:

Darko is a "potentially" very good to great player.But that has yet to be seen on a regular basis...

Give him time,he is still 20,or just 21 recently. A true 7-1,and can block and board quite well. Moves the ball well, and could be a real nice piece for the TRI. He can play the 4 well and can give you minutes at the 5.

But what do you give up for him? Kwame? At this point what do you gain and what do you lose,it seems at this point you stay put. Unless you consider in the fact that darko is 4 years younger than Kwame,and has more growth potential with his game....

Darko can probably play alongside Bynum better than Kwame,at least at this point.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject:

Ask any Orl fan and they will tell Arryo can put up points in a hurry...just because he is haveing a bad season so far doesnt mean he is a bad scorer
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject:

Why not just sign him for the MLE this off-seasons. I agree Darko would be a good tri fit, but why trade anyone for him if he's not going to get substantial PT this season. Arroyo has talent, but again, trading for him won't really help us this season.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Why not just sign him for the MLE this off-seasons. I agree Darko would be a good tri fit, but why trade anyone for him if he's not going to get substantial PT this season. Arroyo has talent, but again, trading for him won't really help us this season.

if we could sign him for the mle that would be great.

i actually like darkos game. hes been heavily criticized but you got to remember this guy is still very young. It would be nice to have Darko and Bynum they seem to compliment eachothers games. Darko with the mid range jumper while bynum holds it down in the middle.

a move Mitch should definately consider.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Darko will be an RFA. Considering his talent and size there's a huge possibility Orlando matches even a full MLE offer. And I wouldn't put it past them to wait the full 7 days to match it just to spite us for stealing Shaq from them.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Arroyo is a TO machine, Darko is a gamble.

Im not sure.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Arroyo is a TO machine, Darko is a gamble.

Im not sure.

i also say no on Arroyo

but Darko i could see him developing real well with bynum and kareem. his good mid range shooting could help us a lot since we lack that shooting touch from most of our bigs.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

Darko would make a nice PF. If he's on the market, Lakers should pursue him. He'd be much better than say, Chris Mihm.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject:

i'm pretty sure he'll get more than the full mle. wasn't he wanting like 6 years 60 mil? and i'm pretty dang sure someone will give it to him cuz he's a decent big.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject:

i would like to get darko and arroyo i think both could add a lot to our lineup, but if we trade a lot and darko just ends up walking at the end of the year for a huge deal then what was it worth?
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject:

Arroyo would be a notch above garbage--if that--in the tri, and can't play D.

Darko could be a great fit, IMO, at the 4. Can hit outside/inside, pass, swat and hit the glass. I'd rather have him as a pet-reclamation-project for Phil than Kwame. His upside is higher, imo.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

I agree with earlier assessments that Darko would be a good PF fit for us....given he matures a bit. But I also agree he's gonna demand a price far higher than we can pay this summer, so it's not likely to happen.

Arroyo...hmmmm. Obvious talent, but something's not right here. Why has a guy with this much talent been nailed to the bench by Sloan in Utah? Why was he traded without much worry to Orlando from a Championship contender in Detroit? And now Orlando has moved him to third string PG when he was battling Nelson for the starting spot at the beginning of the season. I don't know what's going on there, but something's a little off about this guy.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:

Socks--watch him play. He doesn't play D (why he didn't play for Sloan or in DET), and pounds the ball for 2/3 of the shotclock on offense (probably why he isn't playing now). He is a pretty good 1-on-1 player, and has a chip on his shoulder, but--other than that--isn't much.

His claim to fame is the game he had vs the US years ago.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Muad'Dib, hadn't really seen the guy play much, that's a good explanation.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Mitch has tried to get Arroyo in the past.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
Mitch has tried to get Arroyo in the past.

Figures.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject:

Darko's situation is similar to what the Lakers will see in a year with Kwame, but hopefully he reaches his potential earlier. Someone will overpay if they can, and I see Darko getting more than the MLE. I do like the idea of dual shot blockers though.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=619867

Quote:
know this is my first post,but I have been wanting to leak out this story since this afternoon,but wanted to make sure from my cousin it was completeted.

So it looks like Nelly is looking for the new Dirk in either Darko or Fran and the Magic are getting their 2nd gun to go along with Howard.I love the trade,seems like the Warriors gave up to much in my opinon

Magic are sending out Darko Milicic, Carlos Arroyo, Pat Garrity, J.J. Riddick along with the draft rights to Fran Vazquez

Magic are receiving Jason Richardson and Zarko Cabarkapa from the Warriors,along with Jake Voskuhl from the Bobcats.

Warriors are sending out Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus and Zarko Cabarkapa

Warriors are receiving Darko Milicic,J.J Riddick along with the draft rights to Fran Vazquez and the Magic’s 2007 2nd round pick from the Orlando Magic,with the Bobcats sending Brevin Knight and Walter Hermann to the Warriors.

Bobcats are sending out Brevin Knight, Walter Hermann and Jake Voskuhl

Bobcats are receiving Mickael Pietrus, Carlos Arroyo and Pat Garrity.

My cousin involved in the Bobcats organization told me that they got involved because of the Warriors not wanting to take on the contracts of Arroyo or Garrity. The Magic were determined to get J-Rich calling up the Bobcats and were able to work the deal where the Warriors would get Knight and Hermann instead of Arroyo and Garrity.The Warriors then prompted to let Pietrus’s contract be sent to the Bobcats in exchange for the Magic’s 2007 2nd and cash considerations.I was also informed Derek Anderson would be waived from the Bobcat’s side before this trade.I am not sure from the Magic or Warriors side who they will waive,if anybody.

So in a nutshell

Magic Get

Jason Richardson
Zarko Cabarkapa
Jake Voskuhl

Warriors Get
Darko Milicic
Brevin Knight
J.J.Riddick
Walter Hermann
Rights to Fran Vazquez
2007 Magic 2nd round pick
Cash considerations

Bobcats Get
Mickael Pietrus
Carlos Arroyo
Pat Garrity

This trade will be completed pending if Knight and Richardson physical’s are waived,which are expected.So please do not get mad at me if something happens with the physicals.All I know is the 3 sides have agreed to this deal
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I'm calling BS on that trade.

The Magic are trying to shake out of their funk and Darko is getting the start tonight. Hill has also said he's thinking about an Arroyo/Nelson starting back court. If Darko and Arroyo were about to be traded, they'd be riding the pine so they don't get hurt.

Also, Nellie is on record saying Richardson will have his starting spot back when he is recovered. I don't see them moving him anytime soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: