How about this trade? D-Fish back to LA

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: How about this trade? D-Fish back to LA

As much as id love to get Jason Kidd,its just not looking realistic. I dont think we have to have a superstar PG to get over the hump. We just need a fundamentally sound PG ,who knows his limitations,will run the offense without costly mistakes,and knock down the 3 ball when wide open. Fisher is much more fundamentally sound then Smush,he won't make costly mistakes at crunch time.

Lakers Trade - Kwame , Brian Cook , Smush Parker

Lakers Receive - Matt Harpring and Derrick Fisher

It works for Utah because i think they would love to have Cook and Okur up front and run pick and pops all day long with Deron Williams. Kwame would provide defense for them off the bench,and Smush would backup Deron. I think it works for both teams.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:

Id rather do:

Mihm and Cookie

for

D-Fish

We clear a roster spot, might come in hand with all these buyouts and trade talks.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
How about this trade? D-Fish back to LA

And once Fish starts messing up...

Quote:
How about this trade? Smush back to LA

You guys are never satisfied, this I now know. :roll:
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How about this trade? D-Fish back to LA

Lamar2Kobe wrote:
As much as id love to get Jason Kidd,its just not looking realistic. I dont think we have to have a superstar PG to get over the hump. We just need a fundamentally sound PG ,who knows his limitations,will run the offense without costly mistakes,and knock down the 3 ball when wide open. Fisher is much more fundamentally sound then Smush,he won't make costly mistakes at crunch time.

Lakers Trade - Kwame , Brian Cook , Smush Parker

Lakers Receive - Matt Harpring and Derrick Fisher

It works for Utah because i think they would love to have Cook and Okur up front and run pick and pops all day long with Deron Williams. Kwame would provide defense for them off the bench,and Smush would backup Deron. I think it works for both teams.

Why would you want to trade for 6', soon to be 33 YO combo guard who has 3 more full seasons beyond this one @more than $20MM on his contract?

He has never been a great defender, career 40% shooter (BTW, that's exactly what he is shooting this season as well).

If he had expiring contract, I would understand the sentimental value of him finishing his career as a Laker. What for do you need him now?

Even horrible suggestion to trade for Earl Watson is better (he is younger, slightly cheaper and good defender, for a change)???
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

jazz have major depth issues at guard - only move fish for a backcourt upgrade and smush is not that
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

3 point shot - fisher slight advantage
handles - somewhat same
layups - smush
driving - smush
passing - somewhat same
contract - smush
hairdo - smush

i think id rather keep smush
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

The difference between Smush and Fisher is basketball fundamentals and IQ which is important in big games. Simple things like crossing half-court and tossing the ball out of bounds to Jack Nicholson or throwing the ball off Bynums foot in crunch time. You wont see Fisher doing that to often in close games. He was one of Tex Winters favorite players. He is also mentally tougher then Smush. Fisher is willing to take charges,do the little things. Also it's difficult to go deep in the playoffs with all youngsters,you need some veterens. Especially in the backcourt. The Bulls had Ron Harper ,BJ Armstrong,Paxon. All 3 were fundamentally sound players. We had Fisher,Brian Shaw ,Harper in the 3 peat years.

His percentage will go up playing with a superstar that draws double teams. In Utah he has to create his own shot a lot because they dont have players that draw double teams like Kobe and Lamar.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Lamar2Kobe wrote:
The difference between Smush and Fisher is basketball fundamentals and IQ which is important in big games. Simple things like crossing half-court and tossing the ball out of bounds to Jack Nicholson or throwing the ball off Bynums foot in crunch time. You wont see Fisher doing that to often in close games. He was one of Tex Winters favorite players. He is also mentally tougher then Smush. Fisher is willing to take charges,do the little things. Also it's difficult to go deep in the playoffs with all youngsters,you need some veterens. Especially in the backcourt. The Bulls had Ron Harper ,BJ Armstrong,Paxon. All 3 were fundamentally sound players. We had Fisher,Brian Shaw ,Harper in the 3 peat years.

His percentage will go up playing with a superstar that draws double teams. In Utah he has to create his own shot a lot because they dont have players that draw double teams like Kobe and Lamar.

Just say you hate Smush. It would have been easier than trying to masquerade it with a ridiculous trade scenario.
lamarvelousodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

Just say you hate Smush. It would have been easier than trying to masquerade it with a ridiculous trade scenario.
dude...everybody knows where you stand on the pg issue...why even chime in ? back to the sack
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

lamarvelousodom wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

dude...everybody knows where you stand on the pg issue...why even chime in ? back to the sack

I'm sorry, are you a mod? No. So, since you aren't, you're in no position whatsoever to tell me nor anyone else what they can and cannot post. If you have a problem with certain posts, don't respond to them.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
3 point shot - fisher slight advantage
handles - somewhat same
layups - smush
driving - smush
passing - somewhat same
contract - smush
hairdo - smush

i think id rather keep smush

as many fond memories of fish that we have, fish is a big
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm certainly no fan of Smush, but seriously, at 33 yrs of age Fisher is not really an upgrade. Throw in that toxic contract of his and all I can say is..Don't do it Mitch!!
lamarvelousodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
lamarvelousodom wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

I'm sorry, are you a mod? No. So, since you aren't, you're in no position whatsoever to tell me nor anyone else what they can and cannot post. If you have a problem with certain posts, don't respond to them.
i know you're sorry
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

lamarvelousodom wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
lamarvelousodom wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

i know you're sorry

Yeah, something told me that post would shut you down. Now, try and enjoy the site instead of going around trying to start up mess.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject:

Short terms memories aorund here.

I had the same feeling with Fish that I now have with Smush ...

Please God ... can't the franchise with a history of the greatest PGs ever PLEASE find SOMEONE to play the point who can facilitate AND defend??? PLEASE????

In case you don't understand ... my answer to a trade for Fish would be a very LOUD and CLEAR ....

NO!
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:

There is no such thing as lockdown PG defense. What elite team in the NBA has a lockdown defender at PG? With the new rules where you can't even touch the PG ,to go along with having to get through screens ,it's nearly impossible to lockdown a quality PG. Did you watch the Nets vs Jazz game last night? Deron Williams got through screens just as easy with Jason Kidd guardng him as opposed to if Smush was guarding him. The difference is Kidd hustled more to rotate to other's,while someone else picks up his man. If you get by Smush and someone else picks up his man,he won't hustle to there man. Defense against quality PG's has to be a team effort. Rotate ,collapse,and quickly get back to your man. You have to hustle. This is how the Spurs and Pistons defend.

Like i said Fisher brings the intangibles that Smush does not have,and that can help in close games. Remember Game 6 last season,we had a 1 point lead with like 55 seconds remaining,and Kobe was on fire. Smush takes it,and does that ridiculous out of control spin move and bricks. The Lakers got a stop on the other end,and Kobe scored and we went up by 3. My point is had Smush not wastd that previous possession with a bad shot,we could have gone up by 5 on Kobe's layup over Marion ,instead of 3. Smush does this a lot in close games.

Fisher does not make silly mistakes where he basically loses the game for you because of costly turnovers. There is a reason Tex Winter called Fisher one of the smartest and steadiest players he has ever coached.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Please God ... can't the franchise with a history of the greatest PGs ever PLEASE find SOMEONE to play the point who can facilitate AND defend??? PLEASE????

Actually, the Lakers have only had 1 great PG...2 if you wanna say Logo was a PG.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:

No one asked for "lockdown" ... I'd settle for not turning and watching his man blow by. The new rules have absolutely nothing to do with Fish's old matador defense. He was playing olé defense way before the new rules came into effect. And he was just not a good enough ball handler and distributor to make up for his lack of D.

I, for one, am quite glad that he is gone. Smush DOES bring back my old Fish nightmares but ... he IS young enough for us to hope for better days.

All that being said ... we can simply agree to disagree on old Fish.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Actually, the Lakers have only had 1 great PG...2 if you wanna say Logo was a PG.

"IF" we want to say West was a PG? Are you going to hold his ability to do it all against him??? He averaged 10 apg during our greatest season ever while still scoring 26 ppg. Yeah ... pretty fair PG.

As to only having 2 great ones ... yes ... only two hall of famers. However, we also had a few pretty decent PGs running the show sandwiches around the HoFers such as Jim Price, Lucius Allen, Norm Nixon ... who only averaged more than 8 apg for his career and still managed to score at a 16 ppg clip ... and, of course, the head case Nick the Quick.

I'd even take a young NVE over Fish or Smush and I HATED his attitude.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:

fisher is useless.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

"IF" we want to say West was a PG? Are you going to hold his ability to do it all against him??? He averaged 10 apg during our greatest season ever while still scoring 26 ppg. Yeah ... pretty fair PG.

As to only having 2 great ones ... yes ... only two hall of famers. However, we also had a few pretty decent PGs running the show sandwiches around the HoFers such as Jim Price, Lucius Allen, Norm Nixon ... who only averaged more than 8 apg for his career and still managed to score at a 16 ppg clip ... and, of course, the head case Nick the Quick.

I'd even take a young NVE over Fish or Smush and I HATED his attitude.

West was never listed as PG, that's why I said that. But even still, it's just 2 great PGs. Those others you mentioned don't fall under the "great PG" category.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: