Now's The Time For Kirilenko?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Now's The Time For Kirilenko?

With Carlos Boozer out for the next 4-6 weeks, the Jazz may be looking for a trade to make it through the next month or so of basketball.

Lakers Trade
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Brian Cook
Luke Walton

for

Andrei Kirilenko

I know some don't like the idea of losing Luke Walton but his defensive lethargia has become a problem at the SF position. We may miss his "initiator" role in the tri, but isn't that why we have Kobe and Lamar? Kirilenko and Odom will cause huge mismatches for oppossing SFs and PFs.

Luke can help the Jazz and so can Cook, while Boozer is out and there after. Both fit nicely into their team's chemistry. If Mihm gets healthy near the end of the second half of the season, as reported today, then the Jazz will have a nice back up C on there hands.
genkii8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, thats an interesting idea. I think it would probably take Kwame to get him though. The Jazz need someone who can fill in for boozer, getting rebounds mainly and also someone who can provide interior defense. Cook and Luke won't really do that for them. Mihm is still a big question mark so he wouldn't really make or break the deal. I'd have to consider trading Kwame for Kirilenko because it would allow Bynum to keep the starting spot and Odom could slide to the three with Kirilinko at the four. Our shot blocking would improve but we would miss Kwame's man on man-d.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't see that as an attractive package for Utah. It doesn't really help them in the short term. Plus they've got the rookie, Millsap at PF. He's familiar with their system and a monster rebounder. Other guys like Williams, Okur, and Kirilenko can help pick up the scoring slack left by Boozer's injury. But they'll need Millsap to fill in for his rebounding, and none of the Lakers you've mentioned is really that type of player.

If anything, I'd see them look to make a trade for a SG, which is where they are incredibly weak right now.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject:

the kind of offers the Jazz are getting include Vince Carter and Jason Richardson - Lakers can't compete with that.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
the kind of offers the Jazz are getting include Vince Carter and Jason Richardson - Lakers can't compete with that.

actually those players. wow those teams really want him
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing they passed on VC because there in no way he would stick around in Utah. Which is why I suggested such a trade, because I don't think many players are content in playing in Utah. I admit it is a low-ball offer to say the least.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject:

no
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

Come on dude! The Lakers are offering 4 players in that scenario!

That's like 4 times as good, right?

Right??
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject:

the jazz are considering carter - even if he leaves they'll have cap room
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

man...definitely seems like a win-win situation. although, they wouldn't get TOO much cap space with boozer and okur taking up big chunks, right?
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject:

Getting Carter would only bring em problems, I can see him going there and (bleep) over it all season long, and possibly ruining their playoff run or something.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers frontcourt is probably set for a number of years.

Bigs: Bynum, Kwame, Turiaf and Mihm
Forwards: Odom, Radmanovic and Walton.

What we need is an upgrade in the backcourt. Specifically at PG. This team is one consistent, mature PG away from elevating itself to the WCF IMO. How much better would the same FC players be with a PG that actually could average 4-6 assist a night?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What we need is an upgrade in the backcourt. Specifically at PG. This team is one consistent, mature PG away from elevating itself to the WCF IMO. How much better would the same FC players be with a PG that actually could average 4-6 assist a night?

That could be Farmar in 2 years. But right now I agree to an extent. We still lack defense from our SFs and control over the glass, despite high rebounding numbers by Bynum, Odom and Vlad of late. We are still getting out-hustled on many nights.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

They should take Carter, with Boozer out it will be difficult to maintain the pace they were at. The Jazz seem pretty set in the front court anyway with Boozer, Okur and Millsap.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

That could be Farmar in 2 years. But right now I agree to an extent. We still lack defense from our SFs and control over the glass, despite high rebounding numbers by Bynum, Odom and Vlad of late. We are still getting out-hustled on many nights.

Yes but one thing I am liking is the idea of playing Kobe at 3, Evans at 2 and that will solve alot of the athleticism issues.

Bynum/Kwame at C along with Odom at PF works. It's the SF combo of Vlad/Luke that gets torched on some nights. My suggestion is that if neither is playing really well, then insert Mo and slide Kobe over to the 3.

And I absolutely would love a Gerald Wallace type at SF but in terms what the Lakers biggest weakness is ... I still think they are pretty damn imposing upfront when healthy (Bynum, Odom, Kwame, Rad, Walton, Cook, Turiaf)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I agree with you on the big, I think that is a great 4 to have. Anybody would be envious. It is your vision of a long-term no defense (sans Odom) team at forward that I don't agree with. I really hope that core expands and adds somebody who plays defense consistently
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Wow Boozer out again for more than a month? Damn bad luck for the Jazz. What is it with boozer? Bad luck, the guy can just not stay healthy.

Just when is playing well, putting up huge #'s, he goes down again. Is he the new Grant Hill?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

you think mihm is going to stick around? i like mihm, but are we really going to resign him a to multi-year deal when he's had so much health problems?

odom, kirilenko, and bynum would be an awesome frontcourt. who could beat that?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Code:
I absolutely would love a Gerald Wallace type at SF

I'd take him over Kirilenko. I don't even think we have a chance at getting him for the MLE. He is having a pretty good year in Cha. and may even want to stay there.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

right on!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:

The Jazz aren't a good enough team for him to be motivated?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:

If they were to add VC, they'd win the division and could go deep into the playoffs. That makes you a contender, but it comes down to his personal life. The media made it a big deal that he may very well move closer to "home" by signing with a team like Orlando or Charlotte, but really only Vince knows whats going on in his head.

I'd have to think that if that is true, if he can see his kids in Florida, and Orlando has a young stud with money....it don't look good for Jersey. NJ is going nowhere quick, and are in jeopardy of losing the division to the Raptors. Even if they squeak out the division, they'll be swept by a road team in the first round...which makes you wish you had a lottery pick instead. If they don't go on a run, you can't afford to lose VC for nothing.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Code:

I'd take him over Kirilenko. I don't even think we have a chance at getting him for the MLE. He is having a pretty good year in Cha. and may even want to stay there.

SF who is a slasher and has not developed a jumper that even looks like Luke's?

Geez
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Code:

SF who is a slasher and has not developed a jumper that even looks like Luke's?

Geez

A great defensive SF, who can drive and post up better than Luke.

Geez.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Not a chance in the world of adding AK47. It would place the Lakers into a position where they'd either be in luxury tax hell, or in a position where they'd have to trade Lamar when Bynum is ready to be extended. I don't see the front office trading themselves into a corner like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: