SNAQ has no love for Eddie...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

Venti Quattro wrote:
I just don't understand why Eddie Jones wants to play with Shaquille O'Neal? Just read this quote from today's Palm Beach Post:

Quote:
Still, O'Neal, who has played in only two of Miami's four games since returning from Nov. 19 knee surgery, said he'd like to start playing "at least more than 20, 25 (minutes)."

And O'Neal said if that happens, the team wouldn't need to sign another player, such as former Heat swingman Eddie Jones, because O'Neal could begin leading Miami out of the doldrums of its 20-25 record.

"When I come back out there full strength that's what I have to do," he said. "We don't need anybody else's help and we don't need to make any moves. It's my job to get the guys right and I could do a better job of getting them right when I'm out there."

Eddie is stupid if he still goes to the heat.

Come to LA and waive Shamu!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

JediRekal wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:
I just don't understand why Eddie Jones wants to play with Shaquille O'Neal? Just read this quote from today's Palm Beach Post:

Quote:
Still, O'Neal, who has played in only two of Miami's four games since returning from Nov. 19 knee surgery, said he'd like to start playing "at least more than 20, 25 (minutes)."

And O'Neal said if that happens, the team wouldn't need to sign another player, such as former Heat swingman Eddie Jones, because O'Neal could begin leading Miami out of the doldrums of its 20-25 record.

"When I come back out there full strength that's what I have to do," he said. "We don't need anybody else's help and we don't need to make any moves. It's my job to get the guys right and I could do a better job of getting them right when I'm out there."

Don't want Eddie back here either!! Let him go to the Heat and get traded by Shaq again!

3s a charm!
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:

Eddie = worth more then Shamu

I'd take him over Shamu if he was 40!
Deucetre33
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

KobeDunk wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Quote:

Don't want Eddie back here either!! Let him go to the Heat and get traded by Shaq again!

3s a charm!

Hell Eddie is still that guy that just hit a GAME WINNER against the Jazz... He was looking pretty damn good too
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

KobeDunk wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Quote:

3s a charm!

Better for Eddie, go to the Heat and let them buy him out. Then he can re-sign with another team and make more money. Go to the Magic, Mavs, Spurs, or Rockets so he can still take advantage of states with no income tax.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

IMO, Shaq's comments pretty much kills an Eddie to Miami scenario.

Now it's down to Mavs or LA.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

JediRekal wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Quote:

If Eddie signs with Heat, he would be the classic example of 'Battered Wife Syndrome'...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

What about Utah? They need a good shooting guard.
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

Deucetre33 wrote:
Hell Eddie is still that guy that just hit a GAME WINNER against the Jazz... He was looking pretty damn good too

Can someone who watched that game comment on how Eddie's D looked? Better or worse(if that's possible) then Smush?
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

JediRekal wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:

Can someone who watched that game comment on how Eddie's D looked? Better or worse(if that's possible) then Smush?

Eddie always has worked on defense and always has been a smart defender. IMHO, he is too slow to guard any 1 or 2 at this stage of his career. Better suited to guard 3.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SNAQ has no love for Eddie...

JediRekal wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Quote:

There, he said it, the Diesel done said it! "When I come back..." main while, i got guys to chase on the street of Miami!!! Lol
But for real, Eddie basically brought this on himself, if Miami kick him out once, why would he want to go back with his tails between his legs begging? Oh wait, he thinks they will repeat !
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Shaq is an idiot.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why Eddie would want to go back to Miami. Maybe he knows he doesn't have to put up with Shaq until the playoffs, or maybe DWade wanted him more than Shaq wanted him gone.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:

once again shaq has run his mouth, imagine how he's going to treat eddie when he gets there.
yodasbeast
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Maybe shaq does hate eddie, but did you guys think that his comments were geared more towards his teammates. Maybe he's letting them know that he's confident in them and their ability to turn things around despite all the turmoil. I think he's just letting his team kno that he believes in their abilities.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject:

yodasbeast wrote:
Maybe shaq does hate eddie, but did you guys think that his comments were geared more towards his teammates. Maybe he's letting them know that he's confident in them and their ability to turn things around despite all the turmoil. I think he's just letting his team kno that he believes in their abilities.

Or another way to look at it:
We don't need anyone else because we have me. As soon as I'm healthy, I'll be able to come back and clean up this mess that my teammates have created.
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I think he was talking specifically about Eddie. Remember when Shaq used to call Eddie 'Flash' (and it wasn't meant as a compliment). I always thought him dubbing Wad 'Flash' was another way to stick it to Eddie. And its no coincidence that Eddie was traded from two Shaq teams.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Does this comments have something to do with the "KOBE - EDDIE" connection in Philly before Kobe was drafted?
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jones is stupid, i don't want a (bleep) on the team.

I rather have Shammond Williams sit on the bench.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Jones would look like a wuss if he went back, its like if someone is slapping you, but you come back again to see if they've changed...
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Eddie seemed to gain some weight this season. Not sure he can still move like he used too.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:

"When I come back...." is a running them with this player.

It's all about when you come back....you never should have left. But, of course with nagging injuries due to a lack of commitment, you don't need help.

Stop chasing kids on the streets, mix in some conditioning, and maybe you wouldn't need help.

Talk about somebody with low self esteem...
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Shaq is an idiot.

common knowledge
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
Does this comments have something to do with the "KOBE - EDDIE" connection in Philly before Kobe was drafted?

Shaq's been sour on Eddie since the 97 playoff series against Utah.
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Shaq has bothered to tell Riley, that Shaq's the new GM.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: