Would you do this Trade? Lakers-Memphis

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Would you do this Trade? Lakers-Memphis

Were not getting Gasol in the trade ,but we are making a small trade to get us a shooter,and we would agree to take bad contracts off the Grizzlies hands. They are trying to get rid of bad contracts.

Lakers Trade - Mihm ,Mckie ,Kwame ,Farmar

Lakers Receive - Mike Miller ,Stromile Swift ,Brian Cardinal .

Mike Miller would be our starting guard next to Kobe. Right now he has been on fire the last couple of weeks. The Lakers would tell Memphis we will take on your bad contracts if you send us Mike Miller.

C Bynum
PF Lamar
SF Luke
G Mike Miller
G Kobe

Now you have a legitimate John Paxon type shooter in the starting lineup who actually might be a better shooter then Paxon. Miller is capable of going off for over 30 on a given night. Right now he's averaging like 18 points a game. I would try and do the trade 1st without giving up farmar ,but if they insisted i would eventually give him up. We might not have enough to get Gasol ,but we might have enough to get Mike Miller if we agree to take on bad contracts. We would also be able to go with a lineup that has Rad and Miller in at the same time along with Bynum ,Kobe and Lamar.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

We don't play much defense now, but that lineup will leave us even weaker. Mike Miller can't guard anyone. He's been great offensively this season, but true or not, I feel like he's also an injury waiting to happen.

Also, Swift is a great athelete, but has never played up to that. I don't see that getting any better when we stick him in the triangle.

Overall I'd hate to lose Kwame's post D and Farmar's potential just to pick up bad contracts and Miller, who is a slightly above average SG in this league.
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

Slightly above average? Mike Miller has been on fire lately. He is averaging 18 points a game,and has had multiple 30 point games the last 2 weeks. He would be perfect next to Lamar and Kobe.

Miller was in the starting lineup when they were a top 5 defensive team the last 2 years. His defense is not great,but he is a better defender then Luke Walton. He is definetely not a liability on defense.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lateral move at BEST but that doesn't improve the team basically at all. It's a waste of a trade. Mike Miller isn't the answer or the player that would put the team over the top. The Lakers need a post presence not another swingman. Neither team would do it because it does nothing to help either team out.
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject:

It would help the Lakers out because it takes 3 scorers to be a contender. Dallas has Dirk ,Josh Howard ,Terry , Phoenix ,has Amare ,Marion .Nash and the Lakers only have 2 legit scorers in Lamar and Kobe.

Mike Miller is not appreciated because he is on a bad team. He is actualy just as good a scorer as Caron Butler,and a better triangle fit. The guy is automatic from the perimiter and would be huge in close games. Look at Miller's last 14 games

11-16 - 7-10 from 3 point range -32 points

10-19 - 4-12 from 3 point range - 27 points

9-22 - 6-12 from 3 point range - 28 points

4-14 - 3-5 from 3 point range - 13 points

7-16 - 5-8 from 3 point range - 21 points

5-11 - 1-6 from 3 point range - 13 points

11-19 - 3-9 from 3 point range - 30 points

10-18 - 3-7 from 3 point range - 25 points

6-13 - 1-5 from 3 point range -13 points

7-15 - 2-4 from 3 point range - 25 points

9-19 - 3-10 from 3 point range - 25 points

11-15 - 9-12 from 3 point range- 33 points

12-17 - 7-10 from 3 point range - 32 points

9-15 - 7-12 from 3 point range - 27 points

For the season 18 points on 47 percent shooting ,so he isnt just a Low percentage gunner who averages a lot because of playing on a bad team. He shoots a good percentage for a outside shooter. Now imagine him playing with Lamar and Kobe. He would get more wide open looks then he had in Memphis. I could see him being a 20 point scorer with the Lakers.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

Gotta disagree Lamar2Kobe. Miller scores as much as he does because he is on a horrible team. Ideally I see him as a #3 scorer putting in 13 or so a game. I know, that's what you're saying his role would be on the Lakers. But stick him in the lineup you describe above and we've got Kobe chasing around PG's, and Miller chasing around far more athletic SG's. He's not a liability on defense, but he's not very good either (though I agree, better than Luke).

I agree with LB, that this is a fairly lateral move for us and not something to put us over the top. I'd rather wait on Farmar who has shown he has the potential to be a starter by next year. I like Smush (I know I'm in the minority) as a better fit - he'd be better able to guard PG's than Miller, and his offense is under-rated IMO. Plus, if you sacrifice Kwame's D this year, we're basically asking for an early exit from the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject:

We are already getting killed by our perimeter defense, adding Miller would only make it worse.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject:

So basically Kwame and Farmar for Mike Miller and junk.

Passola.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

The deal looked good at first glance, but then I took another look and didn't see Gasol in there, but Miller in his place. I really don't see his place on the team, and would not give up Farmar and pickup bad contracts to get him. I would take Cardinal's deal to get Gasol, but not Miller. He would be a 3rd option, but I doubt he'd take Phil cutting his minutes back in favor of Luke, as Miller struggles at first with the offense.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I was actually thinking of a trade like this myself. Since Memphis is looking to drop salary, do you think they would go for a expring k's and a pick for Miller?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: