Pau Gasol - PRICE HAS DROPPED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Pau Gasol - PRICE HAS DROPPED

The link:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44556/20070204/memphis_dropping_gasols_price/

Memphis has dropped their asking price.

If we were willing to trade Bynum and all our expiring contracts away, we could have GAsol paired with Odom and Kobe.

I really think this lineup wins a title:

Kwame
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Smush

I believe that team wins a title.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject:

Odom for Gasol...

NO

Bynum for Gasol

NO

Last edited by RetroNikes on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:

I screwed up in my original proposal of trading Odom for Gasol.

I forgot about them wanting to trim payroll.

I would trade EITHER one for GAsol really.

I dont mind keeping ODom as long as we GET someone like Gasol.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

It's been discussed at the top. Anyway, you should never propose with your quality pieces, you start with your non-quality ones first.
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

RetroNikes wrote:
Odom for Gasol...

NO

Yeah, I know I screwed up my proposal....look at it again.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

I'm all over Odom-for-Gasol. Pau/Bynum gives us two shotblockers. Gasol is as good a rebounder as Odom and is money on the low block. Passes well out of the doubleteam and tries to dunk everything in the paint. He can hit the baseline and elbow jumpers, too.

One scouting report calls him "KG-lite" but I think the reality is that he's better than KG on offense, but no where near KG on D. Gasol is also a legit 7'1".
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta love a soft player that lacks leadership skills.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers wont trade Kobe Odom Luke or Bynum, so stop dreaming.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

So what hard leaders are available?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject:

Is Gasohol a cleaner alternative to Diesel?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Is Gasohol a cleaner alternative to Diesel?

Certainly a fitter alternative!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I'm all over Odom-for-Gasol. Pau/Bynum gives us two shotblockers. Gasol is as good a rebounder as Odom and is money on the low block. Passes well out of the doubleteam and tries to dunk everything in the paint. He can hit the baseline and elbow jumpers, too.

One scouting report calls him "KG-lite" but I think the reality is that he's better than KG on offense, but no where near KG on D. Gasol is also a legit 7'1".

I think LO is a better rebounder and defender. Gasol gets some blocks, but is very soft and doesn't fight for boards. His benefit is in the high and mid post on offense.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:

If we really wanted Gasol without giving up Kobe, Odom, and Bynum. Here's the maximum deal that we can propose:

Kwame, Mihm, Turiaf, Farmar, Luke, 3 picks, and 3 million and take back Brian Cardinal's contract.

If we make this deal, then we'll have to build with the MLE, and assume that Bynum will bust out such that we'll win the championship, and not need another contributor from the draft for the next three years.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

So what hard leaders are available?

Soft? Didn't someone just state that he has a low post game? Lamar is strictly a perimeter-playing PF. Compared to him Gasol is a rock.
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

Bynum and change for Gasol? Heck Yeah....I like Drew and I think he will be a good player...but Gasol is an all star player right now and a legit 7 footer if you can keep Odom and Kwame (who may not be the best center in the world but is reasonable enough on D) He is only 26 and basically puts up similar numbers to LO, ie stat stuffer player a front line of Pau, Brown, and LO would be brutal, pau averages 2 blocks per this season, a little over 8 rebounds a game, 3 assists and 20 points...me personally I would do it, if the Lakers didn't I wouldn't mind, and if they did I can see why.....but I don't see the Griz trading for Bynum and change
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

The Grizzlies will trade Bynum + fillers for Gasol, but its just that the Lakers dont want to trade Bynum.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
If we really wanted Gasol without giving up Kobe, Odom, and Bynum. Here's the maximum deal that we can propose:

Kwame, Mihm, Turiaf, Farmar, Luke, 3 picks, and 3 million and take back Brian Cardinal's contract.

If we make this deal, then we'll have to build with the MLE, and assume that Bynum will bust out such that we'll win the championship, and not need another contributor from the draft for the next three years.

Sure you don't want to toss in the remaining players' wives and a 50% share of the team ownership?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I think LO is a better rebounder and defender. Gasol gets some blocks, but is very soft and doesn't fight for boards. His benefit is in the high and mid post on offense.

Perimeter defender, yes. They have almost the exact same rebound rate the last 3 seasons. The big difference is on the offensive end - Gasol will give you a consistent 20-30 ppg with nearly the same amount of assists as LO. That second scorer would open us this offense tremendously.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:

Sure you don't want to toss in the remaining players' wives and a 50% share of the team ownership?

I would if they really wanted

In all seriousness, quality over quantity, always. It's much easier to replace the smaller pieces than the big ones. It looks like a lot, but really, they are all small pieces.
lakeshowhorizon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Soft? Wasn't he runner up to a Laker Shaq a few years back as having the most dunks. In fact, he has led the league in dunks....

And leadership skills? Yah he was a horrible leader in the FIBA Championships. Just horrible...They won and all, but eh, horrible leader....

Gotta love stuff that's taken out of the air sometimes...

Last edited by lakeshowhorizon. on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

Bynum for Gasol is a tough one. He's our only look into the future, but having Gasol would mean having a legit post player to go along with Kobe and Lamar's perimeter play. Tough decision. I would only do it if they threw in Hakim Warrik. Something like:

Vlad, Bynum, McKie, Cook, Williams

for

Gasol and Warrick
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

it isn't tough for the laker organization - they won't trade bynum for gasol
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:

Im glad you're not a GM.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Bynum because once Kobe grows old, he can continue the legacy. Trading Bynum for Gasol might help you win more earlier, but you'll pay it back a lot more on the back end.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:

Im glad you're not a GM.

I'm sad that he isn't a GM, particularly one named Jerry West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: