Pau Gasol - PRICE HAS DROPPED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:
If we really wanted Gasol without giving up Kobe, Odom, and Bynum. Here's the maximum deal that we can propose:

Kwame, Mihm, Turiaf, Farmar, Luke, 3 picks, and 3 million and take back Brian Cardinal's contract.

If we make this deal, then we'll have to build with the MLE, and assume that Bynum will bust out such that we'll win the championship, and not need another contributor from the draft for the next three years.

Im glad you're not a GM.

Spoken like someone who couldn't comprehend what I wrote whatsoever.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:
If we really wanted Gasol without giving up Kobe, Odom, and Bynum. Here's the maximum deal that we can propose:

Kwame, Mihm, Turiaf, Farmar, Luke, 3 picks, and 3 million and take back Brian Cardinal's contract.

If we make this deal, then we'll have to build with the MLE, and assume that Bynum will bust out such that we'll win the championship, and not need another contributor from the draft for the next three years.

Im glad you're not a GM.

No, no, no... I know you wrote.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:

What did I "wrote"(mean)?
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject:

I am generally against moving Bynum for older players/vets.....but Pau is only 26 and a legit star in this league now....I like Bynum and if we keep him cool, because I do think he will be a good player.....but I know Pau is a good player now and at 26 has several years left in him where he will play at a high level, pair that with Kwame....heck makes it an easier choice to resign Mihm, which would be a decent center tandem in the NBA...if we can keep Ronnie, and Farmar with luke we could have a really solid team

PG Smush/Farmar
SG KB/Evans
SF Odom/Walton
PF Pau/Ronnie
C Brown/Mihm

Thats a nice 1st and 2nd squad in my opinion

Bynum has certainly impressed but I think he is still about 2 years or so out from being a consistent force in the league...I dunno I was against trading Bynum for small players, even legit ones, but this is for a legit NBA big...depending on what the "change" is I would definately take a hard look at this if I were the Lakers, Bynum looks like he could be very good....Pau is very good, and has a lot of miles left
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:

Im glad you're not a GM.

Lets see:

First you give them two starters, one of whom is a great post defender, the other of whom is the glue to our offense.

Then you throw in our former starting center (until his injury), and our two most important bench players (with tons of upside each).

And you take back a player that West obviously made a mistake on in Cardinal.

Your roster now has one center (Gasol is horrible at 5) on it, your depth is decimated, and you are playing third string guys at the second string level.

I think he comprehended your proposal, perhaps at a higher level than you did
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:

Excuse me

I know what you wrote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:

Kwame plus filler, maybe?

Kwame expires next year so Memphis could move him as a last year.

Kwame, Farmar and Shammond would work under the cap.

Toss in a #1 and some cash.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:

Give them Kwame and Mihm, one ends this season, the other next. Then re-sign Mihm as a FA after this year. Throw in our #1 this offseason as well.

They would really have to drop their asking price to take that deal.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject:

Bynum is only 19(seven years younger than Gasol). Bynum is a much better defender, a better rebounder, and his offensive game will only continue to improve as he gets stronger.

No way would I trade him for Gasol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

Your definition of starter is obviously very different from mine. To me, only Kobe and Odom are starters. Bynum has the potential to be one. Gasol is one. The rest are just bench players.

Now as far as giving "all that" up, there's a reason why I wrote the final paragraph. The assumption here is that Bynum will develop quickly enough, and that you can replace those pieces with the MLEs(and really, even by giving "all that" up, all we really need is a more competent point than Smush).

So no, neither you nor him really "comprehended" what I wrote.

Last edited by ProjectAB on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gasol has peaked! Period, he's very good, but isn't likely to get any better. Some on here are just so enamored with OTP (other teams' players) that they can''t help but overrating them in any discussion. Statistically, he's not putting up that much more than he did as a rookie, in fact his 3P% and FT%'s are down, but overall, pretty flat.

He is what he is a lanky Euro, with some skills, very little potential for growth. He's a good rebounder, but not great, not strong enough to dominate, even in the East, he's Dirk without the range.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will not trade anybody like always. The Laker organization used to make moves to win championships. It seems that now, they make moves just to keep them from being a losing team. I love Bynum and his potential, sadly however, he and Kobe will never be great together. When Bynum finally becomes great, Kobe will be declining and it takes more then one great player to win a title.
haterman34
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

Kobe, Lamar, and Bynum are untouchable as of this moment. Jerry Buss will not trade Bynum for Gasol. I think he loves the kid too much.

Haterman34
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
it isn't tough for the laker organization - they won't trade bynum for gasol

Okay, so you are saying the lakers dont make this trade:

Bynum and our expiring contracts for Gasol.

A starting lineup of

Kwame
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Smush

with a bench of Turiaf, Vlad, Walton, Evans, Farmar, Sasah

with an MLE signing to perhaps come this summer, does not excite you, nor the lakers brass.

People keep talking about Gasol as though he is 32 years old.

Kobe is 28
Gasol is 26
LO is 26

That right there is pure, unadulterated championship contention for the next 5-7 years.

Ask yourself this question.

Would the Wolves NOT trade KG for Gasol AND Odom??

Would the Lakers make a trade of Gasol and Odom for KG. PRobably not, right?

So, why wouldnt you try and get Gasol onto this team.

Bynum may become great. He may become a perennial allstar. But Kobe is the best perimeter player in the league, and Odom is the most versatile.

We need one more piece RIGHT NOW. Gasol could probably be that piece. Do I want to wait for Bynum to develop, not knowing if he truly will become a perennial all star while also wondering where Kobe will be in 2-3 years??
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:

I definately wouldn't say the Lakers won't trade Andrew...there is only 1 player they won't trade, I think everyone else is at the mercy of the situation...I am sure they are not inclined to trade Bynum....main reason being we have not really had a starting line up full throttle this season and yet we are still right in the mix, which makes a lot of sense for not doing a trade....but players of Pau's quality don't hit the market often....and if we are getting an allstar for a potential all star..I would definately say the lake show will think it over
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
Your definition of starter is obviously very different from mine. To me, only Kobe and Odom are starters. Bynum has the potential to be one. Gasol is one. The rest are just bench players.

Now as far as giving "all that" up, there's a reason why I wrote the final paragraph. The assumption here is that Bynum will develop quickly enough, and that you can replace those pieces with the MLEs(and really, even by giving "all that" up, all we really need is a more competent point than Smush).

Quit saying no one can comprehend what you wrote because its just making you look bad.

Most people on this forums will also thing that trade idea is stupid, and its stupid for obvious reasons.
HBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Gasol has peaked! Period, he's very good, but isn't likely to get any better. Some on here are just so enamored with OTP (other teams' players) that they can''t help but overrating them in any discussion. Statistically, he's not putting up that much more than he did as a rookie, in fact his 3P% and FT%'s are down, but overall, pretty flat.

He is what he is a lanky Euro, with some skills, very little potential for growth. He's a good rebounder, but not great, not strong enough to dominate, even in the East, he's Dirk without the range.

You see, thats just the point here. It doenst matter if he has peaked.

IF this is all he gives me for the next 5 years, THATS GREAT.

20+ ppg
9-10+ rpg
3+assists per game

With size upfront to help and block shots.

IF thats all he give me AND I can keep Kwame, Odom, Walton and Kobe....

WHATS THE PROBLEM??? We dont really need anything else to add to that.

And even if we did, we could use our MLE this offseason and complete our roster to a T with a veteran PG.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

There's no need to trade Bynum when there's a tons of trade that you could have made(and possibly make) for a player on a similar level to Gasol, without involving Bynum. How about Luke and Farmar for Artest? How about Kwame and Farmar for Kidd? How about Kwame and Farmar for A.I?

Like I said, you don't trade away your most quality pieces first, when you can just trade your non-quality ones first.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Just offered the scrubs Cook,Vlad,Shamu,Mckie and tell West we're getting you as well as long as you pull this trade. End of story.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject:

HBA wrote:
emplay wrote:
it isn't tough for the laker organization - they won't trade bynum for gasol

Okay, so you are saying the lakers dont make this trade:

Bynum and our expiring contracts for Gasol.

A starting lineup of

Kwame
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Smush

with a bench of Turiaf, Vlad, Walton, Evans, Farmar, Sasah

with an MLE signing to perhaps come this summer, does not excite you, nor the lakers brass.

People keep talking about Gasol as though he is 32 years old.

Kobe is 28
Gasol is 26
LO is 26

That right there is pure, unadulterated championship contention for the next 5-7 years.

Ask yourself this question.

Would the Wolves NOT trade KG for Gasol AND Odom??

Would the Lakers make a trade of Gasol and Odom for KG. PRobably not, right?

So, why wouldnt you try and get Gasol onto this team.

Bynum may become great. He may become a perennial allstar. But Kobe is the best perimeter player in the league, and Odom is the most versatile.

We need one more piece RIGHT NOW. Gasol could probably be that piece. Do I want to wait for Bynum to develop, not knowing if he truly will become a perennial all star while also wondering where Kobe will be in 2-3 years??

I am pretty sure Emplay has a better feel for the situation then we do. As much as I agree with you and would love that line up I don't think the Lakers will move Bynum with all the improvement he has shown this year. If Bynum ends up being more of a force then Kobe then it will have been the right decision, but if he only ends up being decent, then they will regret not moving him.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
There's no need to trade Bynum when there's a tons of trade that you could have made(and possibly make) for a player on a similar level to Gasol, without involving Bynum. How about Luke and Farmar for Artest? How about Kwame and Farmar for Kidd? How about Kwame and Farmar for A.I?

Like I said, you don't trade away your most quality pieces first, when you can just trade your non-quality ones first.

Those were all rumored trades that were never proven to be true.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

You guys are fooling yourselves. Kwame and any combo of players not named Kobe, Lamar or Bynum wouldn't be enough to land Gasol... even if Buss agreed to pay $3 million and take back Brian Cardinal (which I doubt he'd consider anyway).

I mean seriously, you're building a team around:

Kobe
Lamar
Gasol
Bynum

Whatever doesn't work the first year (depth, PG, whatever) you have the offseason to compensate by finding vets. You won't miss the picks, because this team probably won't draft better than the mid-20s. The bigger challenge will be to keep the core together after Bynum hits max contract status.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

RetroNikes wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:

Quit saying no one can comprehend what you wrote because its just making you look bad.

Most people on this forums will also thing that trade idea is stupid, and its stupid for obvious reasons.

If it's so "stupid", then why haven't you been able to refute it? The idea is that as long as your lineup is good enough to win championships after that trade, then giving up "all that" doesn't matter.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Did I miss the Memphis Grizzlies' championship? Gasol Finals MVP?

I guess every GM in the NBA is blind to what the guy with the ugly beard, and all that GAME brings, huh? It's no secret in the NBA that MEM is looking to deal Pau, yet NOT ONE has made an offer that Mr. West would bite, so he has taken the unusual stance of LOWERING his asking price for this young STUD, who would take the Lakers, and presumably any other middling franchise directly to a championship?!?

What do a couple of Laker fans know that 29 NBA GMs have obviously not taken note of?
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't have a problem with that in the last 5 games Pau has averaged

25 pts
2 assists
11 boards
5 blocks

He is one of those players who give you pretty steady play...which IS what the lakers need...we have to much inconsistency, because we are a young team. In the last 4 games he played he has scored
24,34,13 and 30....besides the one low scoring game, which they lost by 1 point to dallas he is pretty much going to get you 20 odd points a night

Another important point, getting another consistent player who can take the load off of Bryant is only going to extend KBs career

I don't know if I were the Lakers definately have to think this one through
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: