Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
LuxuryBrown
The Buss
TACH

...Just keeping a list of who's DOWN around here.

Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I'll stick with Albums and that's hard since I own about 700 CD's, still a far cry from the 13,000 albums I owed when vinyl ruled.

Cream, "Disreali Gears"
Marvin Gaye, "What's Going On"
Rolling Stones, "Decembers Children & Sticky Fingers"
Beatles, "Rubber Soul"
The Who's, "Tommy"
Led Zepplin: "IV"
Peter Gabriel, "Secret World Live"
U2, "Joshua Tree"
Fleetwod Mac, "Live"
Patti Smith, "Horses"
Niel Young, "After the Gold Rush"
Bob Dylan, "Free Wheelin"
Santana, "Santana" the 1st
The Byrds, "The Notorious Byrd Brothers"
Andre Cluytens, "Beethovens 9th"
Philippe Herreweghe, J.S. Back, "Messe en si"

Nora Jones and "The Road to Escodido" by Eric Clapton and J.J. Cale are what I'm into now.

I love Flamingo, particulary the guitar pieces.

My nieces got me into Phish and the String Cheese Incident.

I like some rap and hip hop, the main stream far from gangster stuff.

Music
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
B_P: how could you possibly like Angels and Airwaves? Thats one of the worst albums ever! And i love Blink 182, Boxcar Racer and even Mark Hoppus' new band +44......

But Angels and Airwaves is pure crap!

You know, looking back at my list, AA probably doesn't deserve to be on it. I like the CD (it had a cool "atmosphere") and there are some cool songs on it, but not so much that they should get an actual mention on my list.

Damn - Pearl Jam, Portishead, Living Colour, Bjork, Sigur Ros, Soundgarden, Faith No More all should have made the list before AA!!

Touche, The_Lake_Show!

In fact, I'm going to go back and remove them from my list.

I love the Angels and Airwaves disc. I think there's a ton of backlash against it because of what went down with Blink 182, and because Tom DeLonge seemed to turn into a prick who went all "mature" on everybody and abandoned his fans, but the CD is great. The music is nothing like anybody expected, and I think that's what disappointed a lot of people. I think it's awesome music, though.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I love a ton of music. These are my top 5 all-time artists/bands, taking into consideration their whole catalog of music.

Elvis Presley
U2
Duran Duran
Adam Ant/Adam and the Ants
RHCP

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
LuxuryBrown
The Buss
TACH

...Just keeping a list of who's DOWN around here.

Quote:
Airs Sunday February 11, 2007 and Tuesday February 13, 2007

Re-Up: "For The Love", Tribute To J Dilla

3 HOUR Special

Feb 10th, marks the one year anniversary of J Dilla's (aka James Yancey) passing. In Honor of the late great producer, Subsoniq will re-air its tribute "For The Love" that originally aired Tuesday Feb 21st, 2006. The Tribute highlights well over a decade of the music he made.

It is hosted by J Dilla’s close friend and former roommate Common. It contains exclusive intimate testimonies from friends (ie, Phife of Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes), and commentary from artists that were truly inspired by his music (ie Ghostface, Hezekiah, The Beatminerz and MANY more). Join us as we celebrate and remember one of the best producers in hip-hop history.

*the tribute has been updated to include music from both The Shining and Jay Love Japan*

A day late... but here's a link to the 3 hour show:

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Neo Soul (D'Angelo, Maxwell, Raphael Saadiq, Erykah Badu)

R&B (Brian McKnight, Mint Condition, Babyface, Prince)

Conscious Hip Hop (Talib Kweli, Mos Def, De La Soul, ATCQ)

Old Jazz (Miles, Monk, Parker, Coltrane)

Some good artists, particularly the Old Jazz.

Let's add some Blues: (Bessie Smith, Howlin Wolf, Janis Joplin, Billie Holiday, Lead Belly)
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I listen to anything with a guitar in it. Like....

Metallica
Megadeth
Korn
Tool
Mudvayne
Rollingstones
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Ozzie
Led Zeppelin
Quiet Riot
G N R
Aerosmith
Cinderella
Van Halen
White Stripes
David Lee Roth
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Tom Petty
Velvet Revolver
STP
NIN
RHCP
Disturbed
Pumpkins
Rage
Def Lepard
Radio Head
Poison
Audio Slave
Pearl Jam
Pantera
The Doors
Nirvana
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
John Cruz
Hapa
Bruddah Waltah
Hawaiian Style Band
Bob Marley
LL Cool J
2 Pac
Run DMC
Too Short
Easy E
Beastie Boys
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Neo Soul (D'Angelo, Maxwell, Raphael Saadiq, Erykah Badu)

R&B (Brian McKnight, Mint Condition, Babyface, Prince)

Conscious Hip Hop (Talib Kweli, Mos Def, De La Soul, ATCQ)

Old Jazz (Miles, Monk, Parker, Coltrane)

Some good artists, particularly the Old Jazz.

Let's add some Blues: (Bessie Smith, Howlin Wolf, Janis Joplin, Billie Holiday, Lead Belly)

Oh yeah!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject:

I actually don't like music. I never listen to it. I don't understand how people are able to emotionally "connect" with it.

I know, I'm weird.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm always impressed with the music selection 'round these parts. BP, add me to your list if you take off freaking Fall Out Boy. They give me ulcers I hate them so much.

As for me, I listened to quite a diverse and packed set of music. I'm closing in on about 9,000 songs on the iPizzle. I'm one of those kids that is always plugged into his iPod.

Currently I'm bumping:

The Decemberists. Neutral Milk Hotel. Sufjan Stevens. Tool. Bright Eyes. NaS. Ghostface Killah. Aesop Rock. Two Gallants. Elliot Smith. Joanna Newson. Atmosphere. The Beatles. Sigur Ros. P.O.S. Godspeed You Black Emporer!. Mos Def (BlackStar). Circa Survive. Modest Mouse. Rouge Wave. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!. Saosin (Anthony Green Era). The Sound Of Animals Fighting. Matt Costa. The Flaming Lips. Radiohead. Lou Reed. Velvet Underground. Clipse. Sunset Rubdown. Eminem. Bob Dylan. Felt. Brother Ali. Scary Kids Scaring Kids. Pink Floyd. Cursive. Immortal Technique. The Mars Volta. Simon & Garfunkel. The Shins. Murs. Creedence Clearwater. N.W.A. As Tall As Lions. Little Brother. The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Delton 3030. Lupe Fiasco. At the Drive In. Violent Femmes. My Chemical Romance. Black Sabbath. TV on the Radio. Lyfe Jennings. The Fall of Troy. Led Zeppelin. Death Cab for Cutie. Jack Johnson. Iron & Wine. Animal Collective. David Bowie. The Album Leaf. The Roots. The Doors. The Jonbenet. Dredg. DangerDoom. Panic! At the Disco. The Rolling Stones. Band Of Horses. Common. Islands. Jens Lekman. Bob Marley. Finch. 2pac. Queen. Notorious B.I.G. Eyedea & Abilities. Ice Cube. The Good Life. Kanye West. Yo La Tengo. The Arcade Fire. Rise Against. The Rolling Stones. Jedi Mind Tricks. Belle & Sebastian. The Grouch & Eligh. A Tribe Called Quest. The Killers. Living Legends. The Whitest Boy Alive. Ludacris. Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Dears. The White Stripes. The Used. Gatsbys American Dream. Arctic Monkeys. Wolf Parade. Broken Social Scene. Madvillain. RJD2. Cannibal Ox. Zion I. A Static Lullaby. J Dilla. Daft Punk. Cunninlynguists. Blink 182. The Cure. Okkervil River. The Bravery. Jay-Z. Rhymefest. Dashboard Confessional. AFI. Outkast (Stanktonia and Before). Ben Harper. Pinback. Jurrasic 5. Neon Blonde. Lambchop. Obie Trice. OOIOO. Wolfmother. My Morning Jacket. The Rapture. Alexisonfire. Death From Above 1979. Desaparecidos. Destroyer. Devendra Banhart. The Streets. Grizzly Bear. Tokyo Police Club. Iron Maiden. Reef The Lost Cauze. Alesana. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. Langhorne Slim. Lucero. The Mountain Goats. Murder By Death. Norma Jean. Professional Murder Music. Quasimoto. Say Hi To Your Mom. Nicolay. Teddybears. The Thermals. These Arms Are Snakes. Zero 7. Tilly and the Wall. Boys Night Out. The Kooks. The Libertines. Air. The Go! Team. Deerhoof. CSS. Broken Social Scene. The Boy Least Likely To. The Misfits. Bear Vs. Shark. Goons Of Doom.

Everyone listed in is current rotation, but the ones in bold are the artists I always tend to go back to. If you actually go through the list, I'm sure everyone will find something they like.
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
I'm always impressed with the music selection 'round these parts. BP, add me to your list if you take off freaking Fall Out Boy. They give me ulcers I hate them so much.

As for me, I listened to quite a diverse and packed set of music. I'm closing in on about 9,000 songs on the iPizzle. I'm one of those kids that is always plugged into his iPod.

Currently I'm bumping:

The Decemberists. Neutral Milk Hotel. Sufjan Stevens. Tool. Bright Eyes. NaS. Ghostface Killah. Aesop Rock. Two Gallants. Elliot Smith. Joanna Newson. Atmosphere. The Beatles. Sigur Ros. P.O.S. Godspeed You Black Emporer!. Mos Def (BlackStar). Circa Survive. Modest Mouse. Rouge Wave. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!. Saosin (Anthony Green Era). The Sound Of Animals Fighting. Matt Costa. The Flaming Lips. Radiohead. Lou Reed. Velvet Underground. Clipse. Sunset Rubdown. Eminem. Bob Dylan. Felt. Brother Ali. Scary Kids Scaring Kids. Pink Floyd. Cursive. Immortal Technique. The Mars Volta. Simon & Garfunkel. The Shins. Murs. Creedence Clearwater. N.W.A. As Tall As Lions. Little Brother. The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Delton 3030. Lupe Fiasco. At the Drive In. Violent Femmes. My Chemical Romance. Black Sabbath. TV on the Radio. Lyfe Jennings. The Fall of Troy. Led Zeppelin. Death Cab for Cutie. Jack Johnson. Iron & Wine. Animal Collective. David Bowie. The Album Leaf. The Roots. The Doors. The Jonbenet. Dredg. DangerDoom. Panic! At the Disco. The Rolling Stones. Band Of Horses. Common. Islands. Jens Lekman. Bob Marley. Finch. 2pac. Queen. Notorious B.I.G. Eyedea & Abilities. Ice Cube. The Good Life. Kanye West. Yo La Tengo. The Arcade Fire. Rise Against. The Rolling Stones. Jedi Mind Tricks. Belle & Sebastian. The Grouch & Eligh. A Tribe Called Quest. The Killers. Living Legends. The Whitest Boy Alive. Ludacris. Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Dears. The White Stripes. The Used. Gatsbys American Dream. Arctic Monkeys. Wolf Parade. Broken Social Scene. Madvillain. RJD2. Cannibal Ox. Zion I. A Static Lullaby. J Dilla. Daft Punk. Cunninlynguists. Blink 182. The Cure. Okkervil River. The Bravery. Jay-Z. Rhymefest. Dashboard Confessional. AFI. Outkast (Stanktonia and Before). Ben Harper. Pinback. Jurrasic 5. Neon Blonde. Lambchop. Obie Trice. OOIOO. Wolfmother. My Morning Jacket. The Rapture. Alexisonfire. Death From Above 1979. Desaparecidos. Destroyer. Devendra Banhart. The Streets. Grizzly Bear. Tokyo Police Club. Iron Maiden. Reef The Lost Cauze. Alesana. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. Langhorne Slim. Lucero. The Mountain Goats. Murder By Death. Norma Jean. Professional Murder Music. Quasimoto. Say Hi To Your Mom. Nicolay. Teddybears. The Thermals. These Arms Are Snakes. Zero 7. Tilly and the Wall. Boys Night Out. The Kooks. The Libertines. Air. The Go! Team. Deerhoof. CSS. Broken Social Scene. The Boy Least Likely To. The Misfits. Bear Vs. Shark. Goons Of Doom.

Everyone listed in is current rotation, but the ones in bold are the artists I always tend to go back to. If you actually go through the list, I'm sure everyone will find something they like.

I've heard a lot of Eyedea's battles and thought he was pretty dope but never heard any of his actual music. Is it any good?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Currently I'm bumping:

ah neutral milk hotel. how they never became huge will always be a mystery to me. in the aeroplane over the sea is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Metallica
Megadeth
Korn
Tool
Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Ozzie
Led Zeppelin
Quiet Riot
G N R
Aerosmith
Cinderella
Van Halen
White Stripes
David Lee Roth
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Velvet Revolver
STP
NIN
RHCP
Disturbed
Pumpkins
Rage
Def Lepard
Poison
Audio Slave
Pantera
Nirvana
Bruddah Waltah
2 Pac
Run DMC
Too Short
Easy E
Beastie Boys

And you wonder why you're hostile, aggressive, and intolerant?
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject:

The Buss wrote:

I've heard a lot of Eyedea's battles and thought he was pretty dope but never heard any of his actual music. Is it any good?

Ahh Eyedea. Increadible freestyler. The truth is tho with his raps he's VERY hit or miss. Can be amazing or a no show, it all just depends.

For the best of E&A, dl/buy: Glass (an all-timer for me), Now, Reintroducing, Bottle Dreams (usually found under artist name Oliver Hart, Eyedea's real name), Paradise, Exhausted Love.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

ah neutral milk hotel. how they never became huge will always be a mystery to me. in the aeroplane over the sea is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'd probably say that is my numero uno album of all time. It's just a beautiful, beautiful piece of music. Anyone who listens to that album is a friend of mine.

Too bad lead singer Jeff Magnum kinda went insane. While all the other band members have moved onto other projects during this infinite hiatus (two of the members are in A Hawk & A Hacksaw, a solid group I somehow missed on my list), he's only made a handful of public appearances. A shame...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
ocho wrote:

I'd probably say that is my numero uno album of all time. It's just a beautiful, beautiful piece of music. Anyone who listens to that album is a friend of mine.

Too bad lead singer Jeff Magnum kinda went insane. While all the other band members have moved onto other projects during this infinite hiatus (two of the members are in A Hawk & A Hacksaw, a solid group I somehow missed on my list), he's only made a handful of public appearances. A shame...

Only thing I can think of is the name. It sounds like it's trying too hard to be artsy. As strange as it sounds, the success of a group is partially dependant upon a name that resonates or is memorable to people. That one is neither.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Only thing I can think of is the name. It sounds like it's trying too hard to be artsy. As strange as it sounds, the success of a group is partially dependant upon a name that resonates or is memorable to people. That one is neither.

Like Blink182.

Deep Purple, now there is a worthwhile ban, along with Led.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
24 wrote:
B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Like Blink182.

Deep Purple, now there is a worthwhile ban, along with Led.

Not saying its fair, and not knocking the band, But Deep purple and Led Zepplin are definitely more interesting sounding then neutral milk hotel. You got me with Blink 182, I think they were just crazy enough to succeed no matter what.
strattegos
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject:

Too many to name all of them, but a few of my favourite bands and singers are:
Queen
Pnk Floyd
U2
Depeche Mode
Metallica (besides a few of the new albums)
2Pac
Black Eyed Peas
Katie Melua
Carrantouhill
Frank Sinatra
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Metallica
Megadeth
Korn
Tool
Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Ozzie
Led Zeppelin
Quiet Riot
G N R
Aerosmith
Cinderella
Van Halen
White Stripes
David Lee Roth
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Velvet Revolver
STP
NIN
RHCP
Disturbed
Pumpkins
Rage
Def Lepard
Poison
Audio Slave
Pantera
Nirvana
Bruddah Waltah
2 Pac
Run DMC
Too Short
Easy E
Beastie Boys

Actually my music keeps me balanced...if that's possible. Music/Beer is my medication.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
24 wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Metallica
Megadeth
Korn
Tool
Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Ozzie
Led Zeppelin
Quiet Riot
G N R
Aerosmith
Cinderella
Van Halen
White Stripes
David Lee Roth
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Velvet Revolver
STP
NIN
RHCP
Disturbed
Pumpkins
Rage
Def Lepard
Poison
Audio Slave
Pantera
Nirvana
Bruddah Waltah
2 Pac
Run DMC
Too Short
Easy E
Beastie Boys

Actually my music keeps me balanced...if that's possible. Music/Beer is my medication.

You know i was just giving you a hard time, right?
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject:

Jazz

rock oldies 50's, 60's, 70's,

Some good folk... Bob Dylan, and any artist that captures that deep-roots feeling.

Rolling Stones; Beatles

Music from all over the world. Music of the common folk.

The Pleb... "One For Senegal"

If there are any other lovers of world music, I highly recommend KPFK, 90.7 FM... Weekdays, from 10 a.m., to about 12 noon... Then, there is Derek Rath's "Cosmic Barrio", on KPFK, Sundays, from 5 p.m., to about 7 p.m.

Sorry, made a mistake... "Cosmic Barrio" is on Sundays, not Saturdays..
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Talib Kweli and Mos Def (blackstar)
Wu tang
NaS
Jay Z
Kanye
RZA
GZA
Ol Dirty
J Dilla
Common
John Mayer
Common
a tribe called quest
Q tip
Big L
lupe fiasco
Ghost face
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject:

jimi hendrix
red hot chili peppers
pearl jam
led zeppelin
nick drake
mars volta
the electric miles davis
johnny cash
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
24 wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Metallica
Megadeth
Korn
Tool
Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Ozzie
Led Zeppelin
Quiet Riot
G N R
Aerosmith
Cinderella
Van Halen
White Stripes
David Lee Roth
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Velvet Revolver
STP
NIN
RHCP
Disturbed
Pumpkins
Rage
Def Lepard
Poison
Audio Slave
Pantera
Nirvana
Bruddah Waltah
2 Pac
Run DMC
Too Short
Easy E
Beastie Boys

You know i was just giving you a hard time, right?

Of course.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: