Trade Idea

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Trade Idea

Lamar Odom,Kwame Brown,Brian Cook,Smush Parker For

Kevin Garnett and Mark Madsen
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:

No brainer as far as a deal, but Minnesota likely won't deal Garnett til the offseason. If they deal him now, Chicago's struggles could force them to tip their hand. If it is true that they aren't giving much up for Gasol, I kinda wonder what they'd give up for KG. As far as the Lakers are concerned, I doubt Minnesota takes an injured Brown as an important part, but you never know. If they don't give up Bynum, they'd likely have to give up Farmar and a 1st to put together the right package for Garnett.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject:

How about this instead:

Lakers Trade

Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Jordan Farmar

Indiana Trades

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley

We get our big post player and a good PG. As Phil Jackson stated, they really don't miss Kwame Brown and can get along without him. Jermaine O'Neil is the inside force we need and we don't give up Bynum.

Indiana gets a good young PG in Farmar and a rotation Center in Kwame. The additon of Odom allows them to play more uptempo is they like and have Troy Murphy come off the bench for some solid minutes. Jermaine already stated that if the team doesn't progress much this season that they should mutually part ways. Pacers may be looking to get rid of Jamall Tinsley after his off court problems.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject:

:roll:

So you two haven't seen enough pipe threads about KG and JO???

Besides ... why are you picking on the ONLY Laker who seems to remember what it means to play defense?????
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:

Besides ... why are you picking on the ONLY Laker who seems to remember what it means to play defense?????

If you're content with being mediocre then supporting Odom and Kwame makes sense. If you realize that they are probably our best trade bait to get us back into contention, then your mind starts to wonder who would be available. Just a matter of time before it happens.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Idea

shortodom wrote:

Ridiculous deal...NEXT!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
How about this instead:

Lakers Trade

Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Jordan Farmar

Indiana Trades

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley

We get our big post player and a good PG. As Phil Jackson stated, they really don't miss Kwame Brown and can get along without him. Jermaine O'Neil is the inside force we need and we don't give up Bynum.

Indiana gets a good young PG in Farmar and a rotation Center in Kwame. The additon of Odom allows them to play more uptempo is they like and have Troy Murphy come off the bench for some solid minutes. Jermaine already stated that if the team doesn't progress much this season that they should mutually part ways. Pacers may be looking to get rid of Jamall Tinsley after his off court problems.

Ok, now exactly WHY would Indy do this again? They could get much better for Jayo than what you're offering.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:

I'm not sure anyone on our team resembles that remark.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Idea

LuxuryBrown wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Ridiculous deal...NEXT!

Make it KG and Blount, and it's a deal.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Idea

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Ridiculous deal...NEXT!

Make it KG and Blount, and it's a deal.

Yeah, I like that. Only thing is...we'd need a PG then.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
How about this instead:

Lakers Trade

Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Jordan Farmar

Indiana Trades

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley

Ok, now exactly WHY would Indy do this again? They could get much better for Jayo than what you're offering.

Who? The Bulls? Boston? They most likely want to send him West. I really can't think of a Western team that has more to offer. Can you?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
How about this instead:

Lakers Trade

Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Jordan Farmar

Indiana Trades

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley

Who? The Bulls? Boston? They most likely want to send him West. I really can't think of a Western team that has more to offer. Can you?

Thing is, neither dude is on the block, so there's no way of telling what other teams would offer, but it would be better than an underachiever, a near-bust #1 pick, and a rook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: