Trade Lamar to Boston for Lottery PIck

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Trade Lamar to Boston for Lottery PIck

I love Odom's game, he brings alot to the team in general, but I feel we were better without him. With Luke and Kwame healthy I think we can compete this season as we were doing without Odom for the past 20 games or so without him. Him and Kobe have yet to mesh, injuries aside they just dont play well together....

The Deal.....

Lakers trade Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, Brian Cook and 2007 First Round Pick to Boston Celtics for Theo Ratliff, Gerald Green, Delonte West and 2007 First Round Pick

The Roster....

Andrew Bynum/Kwame Brown/Theo Ratliff
Vladamir Radmonvic/Ronny Turiaf
Luke Walton/Gerald Green
Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans
Smush Parker/Delonte West

This Laker team is better than the previous Laker team that was missing Lamar prior, so even if new players dont play much what can it hurt. We are deeper after the trade than prior to Odom being out.

The Roster in 2007-2008

Andrew Bynum/Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm
1st Round Pick (Oden/Noah/Durant) Vladamir Radmonivic/Ronny Turiaf
Luke Walton/Gerald Green
Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans
Delonte West/Smush Parker

We would be in for a long run of Dominance if we were to Pair Bynum and Green with one of the athletic youngsters. Its a deal the Lakers really need to think about doing.

As for Boston a core of Pierce, Odom and Jefferson could put the Lottery pick in Jeopardy however its probably too late to turn that season around. They would have alot to build on with two 15 and 10 players in the frontcourt.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:

If Lamar can't go out for the likes of KG, what makes you think people would trade him for picks?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:

would you trade a shot at kevin durant or greg oden for lamar odom?
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject:

What a stupid trade.
Laker_Holic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject:

DatNigg is back with his awful ideas whooo hooo!
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject:

So, we get Durant or Noah, Gerald Green, 11mil off the books and Delonte. An all we give is Odom, Columbine Cookie and Farmar?

Maybe without the pick they would do it... or if they get screwed in the lotto and get a beyond top10 pick, they could do it without having Green involved.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
So, we get Durant or Noah, Gerald Green, 11mil off the books and Delonte. An all we give is Odom, Columbine Cookie and Farmar?

Maybe without the pick they would do it... or if they get screwed in the lotto and get a beyond top10 pick, they could do it without having Green involved.

Jesus guys ... do your homework before you post this crap.

You do NOT get $11 mil off the books. You have to take back at least 75% of Odom's salary. Most likely that means Boston would offer Ratliff which is basically getting Grant back and a draft pick that has just as good a chance of being another 10th as it does a 1st. Or maybe it is Szczerbiak and the draft pick. Either way we improve their standings ... lowering the draft pick ... while ruining our team.

Yeah ... We want Szczerbiak

:roll:
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

You do NOT get $11 mil off the books. You have to take back at least 75% of Odom's salary. Most likely that means Boston would offer Ratliff which is basically getting Grant back and a draft pick that has just as good a chance of being another 10th as it does a 1st. Or maybe it is Szczerbiak and the draft pick. Either way we improve their standings ... lowering the draft pick ... while ruining our team.

11 mil of the books means Ratliff's expiring contract next year. Do YOUR homework.
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

11 mil of the books means Ratliff's expiring contract next year. Do YOUR homework.

LOL ... you should be THANKING me since you, obviusly, never even took the salaries into account. Show me where you mentioned Ratliff in your first post.

Oh ... and Ratliff's contract does not come off until AFTER next year. So the only improvement to our team will be the first rounder we pick up for next year AND we would be capped out thanks to adding Ratill's 11.7 mil.

Oh right ... you think the Celts are going to give us Green, Delonte (2 of their last 3 first rounders), PLUS Ratliff's expiring AND their first round pick.

I love Lamar's game but in essence you expect the Celtics to give us 3 of their last 4 first round picks (including this years) AND salary cap relief for the year after next. WOW.

DO IT MITCH!!!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

LOL ... you should be THANKING me since you, obviusly, never even took the salaries into account. Show me where you mentioned Ratliff in your first post.

Oh ... and Ratliff's contract does not come off until AFTER next year. So the only improvement to our team will be the first rounder we pick up for next year AND we would be capped out thanks to adding Ratill's 11.7 mil.

Oh right ... you think the Celts are going to give us Green, Delonte (2 of their last 3 first rounders), PLUS Ratliff's expiring AND their first round pick.

I love Lamar's game but in essence you expect the Celtics to give us 3 of their last 4 first round picks (including this years) AND salary cap relief for the year after next. WOW.

DO IT MITCH!!!

get a grip dude boston would never do that.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

DO IT MITCH!!!

Never mentioned Ratliff? WTF you think I meant with 11mil off the books?
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

DO IT MITCH!!!

LMAO .. sooooo ... we're supposed to SSSUME you meant Ratliff just by virture of you saying we'll save $11mil. ANd the fact that you said it comes off NEXT YEAR even though Ratliff has two year left??? We're we also supposed to ASSUME you meant we would save in TWO YEARS???
The_Coach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

DO IT MITCH!!!

get a grip dude boston would never do that.

Ahhhh DUDE ... that is what is called sarcasm. Look it up.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The_Coach wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

DO IT MITCH!!!

LMAO .. sooooo ... we're supposed to SSSUME you meant Ratliff just by virture of you saying we'll save $11mil. ANd the fact that you said it comes off NEXT YEAR even though Ratliff has two year left??? We're we also supposed to ASSUME you meant we would save in TWO YEARS???

You seriously dont think Im an ignorant punk who doesnt know salaries have to match and I just thought LAmar would go off the books right?

If you look at the original post, the trade mentions Ratliff, since I was replying to the original post, I just wrote 11mil off, I suppose you know that you usually reply to the first post unless you quote another dude right?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Why not trade Lamar for Paul Pierce and then we get back a guy that can hold his own and is ready to destroy the league now?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind picking up Pierce, but I doubt they would trade him.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:

we rape Boston

*Drew/Kwame
*Durrant/Roony
*Gerald/Luke
*Kobe/Evans
West/Smush

*= all-star

do this deal in a second....we might not be as good in the present, but in the future watch out....I like the way you put in Green and West in th deal like throw-ins...Boston values their young players as we do and they should have a bright future without the #1 pick and when they get it or if they get it watch out

Oden/Park
Jefferson/Goomes
Pierce/Wally
Green/T.Allen
Rondo/West/Telfair

That could become my 2nd favorite team...Lakers vs. Boston in the Finals
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject:

At this point, the Celtics figure to get one of the top four picks. There is no guarantee they will have the worst record, but it looks that way at his point. If they do, it's unlikely they will give the pick up unprotected.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: