Trade Idea (Vlad Rad and Jordan Farmar for Ron Artest)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rain-king
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Trade Idea (Vlad Rad and Jordan Farmar for Ron Artest)

What do you guys think of Vlad Rad and Jordan Farmar for Ron Artest. It makes sense for both teams, Vlad Rad is Peja jr and Farmar can take over for Bibby next year. Ron already knows the triangle from his days in Chicago,Phil loves him and he respect Kobe. The Lakers get Ron we are in the finals for sure.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers wouldn't touch that headcase with a 10 foot pole.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and Farmar can take over for Bibby next year

Um, is Bibby retiring next year or something?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Idea

rain-king wrote:
What do you guys think of Vlad Rad and Jordan Farmar for Ron Artest. It makes sense for both teams, Vlad Rad is Peja jr and Farmar can take over for Bibby next year. Ron already knows the triangle from his days in Chicago,Phil loves him and he respect Kobe. The Lakers get Ron we are in the finals for sure.

kings would never go for it.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

no, but they might trade him.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

If indeed Cleveland is trying to deal for Bibby, would Sacramento look towards Farmar as a replacement? I like Bibby, but Artest could take the Lakers to another level based on talent. I guess we've been over the Artest thing over and over again, it comes down to if you want his talent you have to take on his issues.

Lets just say that Mitch decides it is worth it. If that is the case, it would take Farmar, and likely Walton (along with expiring contracs of Mihm, or Shammond and McKie) to add up to Artest. Cleveland would also have an extra PG leftover in the deal (Snow or D. Jones), and if the Lakers were worried they wouldn't be able to resign Smush they may bite. I don't like Snow's shooting or Artest's selection, but could you imagine the defense? At the end of the day, I don't think a deal gets made, but waiving Farmar around likely gives the Lakers the option to get in on a three way deal...rival or not.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
If indeed Cleveland is trying to deal for Bibby, would Sacramento look towards Farmar as a replacement? I like Bibby, but Artest could take the Lakers to another level based on talent. I guess we've been over the Artest thing over and over again, it comes down to if you want his talent you have to take on his issues.

Lets just say that Mitch decides it is worth it. If that is the case, it would take Farmar, and likely Walton (along with expiring contracs of Mihm, or Shammond and McKie) to add up to Artest. Cleveland would also have an extra PG leftover in the deal (Snow or D. Jones), and if the Lakers were worried they wouldn't be able to resign Smush they may bite. I don't like Snow's shooting or Artest's selection, but could you imagine the defense? At the end of the day, I don't think a deal gets made, but waiving Farmar around likely gives the Lakers the option to get in on a three way deal...rival or not.

why would the kings do it?!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

They wouldn't touch a 10 foot pole that had touched that headcase with a 10 foot pole.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Heading back to the movies, a new Austin Powers is coming out soon.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

They wouldn't touch a 10 foot pole that had touched that headcase with a 10 foot pole.

Pretty much.

Let's just say that his presence in the Lakers' annual Amanda Foundation calendar would not be well received.

Amanda Foundation

And, of course, that's only the tip of the iceburg with the Tru Warier.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Heading back to the movies, a new Austin Powers is coming out soon.

Y'all cold blooded...Bibby has Troy by at least 4 inches.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

why not? maybe they want to unload his contract, maybe they're tired of his crappy performance, or maybe they just want to rebuild. whatever the reason it is being rumored.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

why does Sacramento do it? It really comes back to why the Lakers wouldn't do it, or at least why some of us wouldn't do it. I agree with Walton's value on the team, and Farmar's upside as a potential starting PG (maybe even within a year). It really comes down to if Phil thinks he can get Artest under control, and with his love of a challenge, a need for a shot in the arm, and a lockdown defender come playoff time...it isn't far fetched.

Sacremento gets rid of a headcase, gets a solid passer/rebounder for the SF spot, and future PG in Bibby. They may even get out of a contract as well if you include Mihm in a deal. I'm a bit confused as to why you'd wonder why Sacramento wouldn't do this. Even if they don't deal Bibby, it makes sense for them.

As for Bibby himself, you hear rumors about Gooden coming back, but I wonder if another package would include Wild Thing instead. I really don't think Bibby would opt out, and should take a max deal if the Kings offer it when his contract is up, so I don't know if the Cavs rumor is more than smoke, but as far as an Artest for Farmar/Walton deal...it makes a lot of sense for them.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

There's a limit to what any coach would consider a challenge, which is why noone has even thought about touching Artest.

It has been pretty obvious for the past few years that Artest values offense over everything else, regardless of where his true talent and abilities lie.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
why does Sacramento do it? It really comes back to why the Lakers wouldn't do it, or at least why some of us wouldn't do it. I agree with Walton's value on the team, and Farmar's upside as a potential starting PG (maybe even within a year). It really comes down to if Phil thinks he can get Artest under control, and with his love of a challenge, a need for a shot in the arm, and a lockdown defender come playoff time...it isn't far fetched.

Sacremento gets rid of a headcase, gets a solid passer/rebounder for the SF spot, and future PG in Bibby. They may even get out of a contract as well if you include Mihm in a deal. I'm a bit confused as to why you'd wonder why Sacramento wouldn't do this. Even if they don't deal Bibby, it makes sense for them.

As for Bibby himself, you hear rumors about Gooden coming back, but I wonder if another package would include Wild Thing instead. I really don't think Bibby would opt out, and should take a max deal if the Kings offer it when his contract is up, so I don't know if the Cavs rumor is more than smoke, but as far as an Artest for Farmar/Walton deal...it makes a lot of sense for them.

artest's contract is very reasonable, he's not making a whole lot. even if they do want to trade him they're not going to trade him for a bunch of role players and a rookie that has proven nothing.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

why not? maybe they want to unload his contract, maybe they're tired of his crappy performance, or maybe they just want to rebuild. whatever the reason it is being rumored.

Yeah, but neither of that stuff is true to begin with. The contract certainly doesn't bother the spend-happy Mafools since they gave 80 million to a PG that basically got paid thanks to Fisher. Artest is also balling and I don't see them seriously going into a rebuilding mode either.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

Yeah, but neither of that stuff is true to begin with. The contract certainly doesn't bother the spend-happy Mafools since they gave 80 million to a PG that basically got paid thanks to Fisher. Artest is also balling and I don't see them seriously going into a rebuilding mode either.

doesn't matter how much money they're willing to spend, cap space is precious to all teams. he's also having a pretty crappy year. i don't know what the reason is, i'm just telling you what is and it is being rumored. on whether they'll rebuild or not, i agree i dont see them doing it but they'd be smart to do it, they're going nowhere with that current team.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

doesn't matter how much money they're willing to spend, cap space is precious to all teams. he's also having a pretty crappy year. i don't know what the reason is, i'm just telling you what is and it is being rumored. on whether they'll rebuild or not, i agree i dont see them doing it but they'd be smart to do it, they're going nowhere with that current team.

How can you say he's having a crappy season when he's right around his career average? . He's averaging 17.1/5.3 and his career is 16.8/6.3 Do you even check these things out or do you just throw stuff out there to see if I'd buy it?

I also don't see how it would be smart for them to do it when you have nothing to base it on that makes it smart.
rain-king
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

How can you say he's having a crappy season when he's right around his career average? . He's averaging 17.1/5.3 and his career is 16.8/6.3 Do you even check these things out or do you just throw stuff out there to see if I'd buy it?

I also don't see how it would be smart for them to do it when you have nothing to base it on that makes it smart.
He is having a bad year in terms of his shooting % he is shooting 39% this year as appose to 44% for his career and he is shooting 30% from 3's as appose to 37% for his career. I think that qualifies as a down year. In my opinion they should start rebuilding. Your right artest is balling but he is balling for a last place team with no chance at the playoffs. So, looking at them they have a team with no true leader and aging stars. It's time to rebuild.
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

uh bibby is having probably his worst season maybe in his career...his FG % is 38 (last year it was 43% Career FG% 44%) His 3 pt % is 30 % (last year 38% Career 3pt 36%)....maybe u should do a little more research, before u just throw out stats that dont even matter that much...there are more things then just points and assists..
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

um did you even bother to look at his shooting percentages? (.388 and .302), he's having the worst shooting year of his career and i'm sure his ppg is still up there because he still jacks up shots like crazy.

it would be smart for them to rebuild because their team has on court chemistry and both bibby and artest can opt out after next year. their team is a mess and kevin martin isn't good enough to take them anywhere beyond a first round exit. that team is a perfect example of what happens when you keep patchworking an old pair of jeans until eventually your pants are made completely out of patches and looked nothing like the original, time for them to throw the pants away and get a new pair. so, that's just my opinion.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject:

rain-king wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

He is having a bad year in terms of his shooting % he is shooting 39% this year as appose to 44% for his career and he is shooting 30% from 3's as appose to 37% for his career. I think that qualifies as a down year

Ok...um...a "DOWN" year and a "CRAPPY" year...2 completely different things and that's what Fan0Bynum17 said he was having - "A CRAPPY year".
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

joshman445 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

But why?

uh bibby is having probably his worst season maybe in his career...his FG % is 38 (last year it was 43% Career FG% 44%) His 3 pt % is 30 % (last year 38% Career 3pt 36%)....maybe u should do a little more research, before u just throw out stats that dont even matter that much...there are more things then just points and assists..

Obviously you don't like to read as well, because he's NOT having a CRAPPY year like Fan0Bynum17 tried to say. Now, either you just don't understand the difference between DOWN year and CRAPPY year or you just don't know hoops, whatever it is, that's on you. Good luck.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
um did you even bother to look at his shooting percentages? (.388 and .302), he's having the worst shooting year of his career and i'm sure his ppg is still up there because he still jacks up shots like crazy.

I guess this is "BROKEN RECORD DAY" because obviously a few of you can't tell the difference between "CRAPPY" and "DOWN".

Now, had you ONLY said that he's having a "bad shooting season" then you'd be on the money, but you didn't. You were wrong in saying he was having a "CRAPPY" season because he's right around his career average in scoring and assists. Simple as that.

(Did CRAPPY and DOWN become SYNONYMS while I was offline last night? )
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: