Trade Idea (Vlad Rad and Jordan Farmar for Ron Artest)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
um did you even bother to look at his shooting percentages? (.388 and .302), he's having the worst shooting year of his career and i'm sure his ppg is still up there because he still jacks up shots like crazy.

I guess this is "BROKEN RECORD DAY" because obviously a few of you can't tell the difference between "CRAPPY" and "DOWN".

Now, had you ONLY said that he's having a "bad shooting season" then you'd be on the money, but you didn't. You were wrong in saying he was having a "CRAPPY" season because he's right around his career average in scoring and assists. Simple as that.

(Did CRAPPY and DOWN become SYNONYMS while I was offline last night? )

you're putting way too much emphasis on ppg, shooting is what his game is centered around, his fg % is down 54 points from his career average and his 3p % is down 63 points. so yes, i'd call his current season crappy.

funny how you say jason kidd is on the decline when he's putting up his career averages, but bibby is shooting .388 and you call it just a down year. inconsistent much?
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
joshman445 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
and Farmar can take over for Bibby next year

Um, is Bibby retiring next year or something?

no, but they might trade him.

But why?

why not? maybe they want to unload his contract, maybe they're tired of his crappy performance, or maybe they just want to rebuild. whatever the reason it is being rumored.

Yeah, but neither of that stuff is true to begin with. The contract certainly doesn't bother the spend-happy Mafools since they gave 80 million to a PG that basically got paid thanks to Fisher. Artest is also balling and I don't see them seriously going into a rebuilding mode either.

doesn't matter how much money they're willing to spend, cap space is precious to all teams. he's also having a pretty crappy year. i don't know what the reason is, i'm just telling you what is and it is being rumored. on whether they'll rebuild or not, i agree i dont see them doing it but they'd be smart to do it, they're going nowhere with that current team.

How can you say he's having a crappy season when he's right around his career average? . He's averaging 17.1/5.3 and his career is 16.8/6.3 Do you even check these things out or do you just throw stuff out there to see if I'd buy it?

I also don't see how it would be smart for them to do it when you have nothing to base it on that makes it smart.

uh bibby is having probably his worst season maybe in his career...his FG % is 38 (last year it was 43% Career FG% 44%) His 3 pt % is 30 % (last year 38% Career 3pt 36%)....maybe u should do a little more research, before u just throw out stats that dont even matter that much...there are more things then just points and assists..

Obviously you don't like to read as well, because he's NOT having a CRAPPY year like Fan0Bynum17 tried to say. Now, either you just don't understand the difference between DOWN year and CRAPPY year or you just don't know hoops, whatever it is, that's on you. Good luck.

he may not be having a crappy year to your standards...but he is having one of his worst seasons in his career...and i think he is having a very crappy season, but we all know that you wont agree with anyone so its cool...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
um did you even bother to look at his shooting percentages? (.388 and .302), he's having the worst shooting year of his career and i'm sure his ppg is still up there because he still jacks up shots like crazy.

I guess this is "BROKEN RECORD DAY" because obviously a few of you can't tell the difference between "CRAPPY" and "DOWN".

Now, had you ONLY said that he's having a "bad shooting season" then you'd be on the money, but you didn't. You were wrong in saying he was having a "CRAPPY" season because he's right around his career average in scoring and assists. Simple as that.

you're putting way too much emphasis on ppg, shooting is what his game is centered around, his fg % is down 54 points from his career average and his 3p % is down 63 points. so yes, i'd call his current season crappy.

funny how you say jason kidd is on the decline when he's putting up his career averages, but bibby is shooting .388 and you call it just a down year. inconsistent much?

So I'M putting way too much on PPG but YOU aren't putting way too much on his FG%? Get real, bro. Stop trying to defend this because you're wrong, he's NOT having a CRAPPY season like you said. Period.

And since when did Bibby's WHOLE ENTIRE GAME become situated around his shooting? So ALL Bibs is is a shooter? You sure about that?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
he may not be having a crappy year to your standards

I'm PRETTY sure most KNOWLEDGEABLE hoop fans would also agree that he's not having a "CRAPPY" season, so it's just not MY opinion only.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Get real, bro. Stop trying to defend this because you're wrong, he's NOT having a CRAPPY season like you said. Period.

wow how can i refute that logic, i'm just wrong and that's that :roll:

quit acting like a child.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Get real, bro. Stop trying to defend this because you're wrong, he's NOT having a CRAPPY season like you said. Period.

Actually, acting like a child is not admitting when you're wrong on this, yet instead of conceding, you just continued to dig yourself into a deeper hole...because of your foolish pride and rdiculous drive to be "right." Go figure.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Actually, acting like a child is not admitting when you're wrong on this, yet instead of conceding, you just continued to dig yourself into a deeper hole...because of your foolish pride and rdiculous drive to be "right." Go figure.

give me a real argument other than just "i'm right, you're wrong and that's that" and i'll discuss it, but why should i bother if you're just going to act like a kid who just wants to get into a pissing contest?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

give me a real argument other than just "i'm right, you're wrong and that's that" and i'll discuss it, but why should i bother if you're just going to act like a kid who just wants to get into a pissing contest?

I gave you the argument and you really had no ammo to back up your argument. That's pretty much the end of this, bro. Move on, it ain't that deep.
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
he may not be having a crappy year to your standards

I'm PRETTY sure most KNOWLEDGEABLE hoop fans would also agree that he's not having a "CRAPPY" season, so it's just not MY opinion only.

dude even hardcore kings fans admit that he is having a very crappy season...is it that hard to admit ur wrong...and im sure any knowledgeable basketball fan would agree that he is having a crappy season...im sure he will either opt out of his contract or will be traded either this year or next...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
dude even hardcore kings fans admit that he is having a very crappy season

And you KNOW this how? Did you poll ALL the hardcore Kings fans? As if being a "Hardcore Kings fan" makes you knowledgeable of the game. Dude, let it rest. He's not having a "crappy" season. His shooting percentage is off and THAT'S IT. That's NOT having a crappy season. If crappy season were SOLELY based off "shooting percentages" then the majority of the NBA would be having a "crappy seasons" :roll:

His points are near his career average and his assists are near career average.

His career scoring average is 16.8...this season, he's averaging 17.0. NOT a crappy season.

His career asst average is 6.3...this season, he's averaging 5.3. NOT a crappy season.

His career FT% is 80%...this season, he's averaging 83%...NOT a crappy season.

His career reb/game average is 3.3...this season, he's averaging 3.4...NOT a crappy season.

His career average for steals is 1.3...this season, he's averaging 1.1...NOT a crappy season.

His career TOs/game is 2.49...this season, he's averaging 2.45...NOT a crappy season.

So, the ONLY thing that's really down is his FG%...and you wanna make that the ONLY example of him having a "crappy season"? Dude, you're seriously overexaggerating things. Leave it alone because your whole "crappy season" thing holds absolutely no water. Plain and simple. No NBA analyst would agree with you, no NBA coach would agree with you and no NBA player would agree with you.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

How can you say he's having a crappy season when he's right around his career average? . He's averaging 17.1/5.3 and his career is 16.8/6.3

He is having a crappy season because he hasn't managed to get suspended once yet.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

Speaking from experience there?

As for Artest, ummm, I sort of draw the line at psychotic animal abusers.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Funny how you're picking on L_B for wanting Artest but a year ago the amount you argued for Artest was unreal.

LO for Artest .. Bynum for Artest .. you name it .. you wanted Artest here.

Now calling him a psycho? Gee, who would have guessed Ron would wind up a looney?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

How can you say he's having a crappy season when he's right around his career average? . He's averaging 17.1/5.3 and his career is 16.8/6.3

He is having a crappy season because he hasn't managed to get suspended once yet.

I think you're thinking that we're talking about Headcase Artest, but this is about Mini Me.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

I see you decided to jump in without knowing who we were discussing. Typical RG, eh?: Not knowing the topic but always has something to say.

But, speaking of Artest now - Wolfie just posted that you were all for getting Artest and now you wanna front like you never wanted him? Interesting.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But, speaking of Artest now - Wolfie just posted that you were all for getting Artest and now you wanna front like you never wanted him? Interesting.

It's quite typical.

He flat out wouldn't stop telling me how great the Caron/Kwame swap was that offseason.

If there's one thing I love about trade talks, it's how opinions change over time. Ofcourse I'm probably just as guilty of doing it though ... it's human nature.

But funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

It's quite typical.

He flat out wouldn't stop telling me how great the Caron/Kwame swap was that offseason.

If there's one thing I love about trade talks, it's how opinions change over time. Ofcourse I'm probably just as guilty of doing it though ... it's human nature.

But funny.

Yeah, we all do it.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:

Kings wanted Walton and Farmar for Artest. Just look how bad we are without Walton . . .
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Kings would risk helping the Lakers.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

Hi gameface.

And 38% field goal shooting is crappy year for just about anyone. Especially considering if you went from a terrible defender to an even worse defender like Bibby has. Talk to any rational Kings fan (rare but do exist) and Bibby is their worst nightmare.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject:

Bibby only seems to play well against the Lakers. :roll:
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And 38% field goal shooting is crappy year for just about anyone. Especially considering if you went from a terrible defender to an even worse defender like Bibby has. Talk to any rational Kings fan (rare but do exist) and Bibby is their worst nightmare.

Ho-hum. Look, if you don't like the dude, that's you prerogative, but you can't front and say he's having a "crappy" season ONLY based off his shooting percentage. That's ridiculous and overall ignorant of the rest of his stats.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Bibby only seems to play well against the Lakers. :roll:

Well, he did abuse Fisher to enable him that outrageous 80 million dollar contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: