Vecsey: Kidd Could be Laker Soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^^^ I figured most here who were hesitant about the trade felt it came down to Farmar. In any case, I agree, I want to keep Farmar if possible and have no problem giving up Smush, who would probably sulk and wig out mentally if he was forced to the bench.

The idea of Kidd tutoring Farmar is a nice one. I actually like Collins coming here as a back up to Bynum. If it happens, it also gives us another big we wouldn't have had till a month and a half from now (when Kwame comes back) which is a bonus. The only problem with Collins of course is his contract, but if all these rumors are true, then it must mean Buss really LOVES Kidd because he'd be willing to go over the luxury tax for a couple years to get him.

Good post. Despite my early ribbing, you really do have an apt screen name!

I don't get the hate on Collins. Yes, his contract is bigger than you'd like, but he is a solid man defender in the post, makes smart rotations, plays the P&R well, and sets nice screens on O. I don't particularly care if my backup center is not very offensively gifted.

Thanks, appreciate the support. I tend to be even-keeled about most things, and take a step back and think before I say anything. The only player that really gets me going is probably Smush, but even with him, I still censor myself as to be objective. Its hard though when you watch those 2-13 games plus no defense.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Lamar2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject:

My question about the 6 for 2 deal is how can the Nets take on 6 players on there roster. Unless they immedietely wave some players.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject:

Lamar2Kobe wrote:
My question about the 6 for 2 deal is how can the Nets take on 6 players on there roster. Unless they immedietely wave some players.

They can immediately waive Mihm, Shammond, and Mckie as part of the deal. Then they must waive one more player (as their roster is full right now), which could be any player on their team (likely with one year left on their roster).

Yes, from what emplay told me, they can do that and we can also sign Chris Mihm back once he clears waivers. However, the bigger questions is that the trade will put us 12 players, meaning we will have to pick up to of our own to make the league minimum roster number.

Therefore, if this trade does go down as a 6-2, who do we pick up? I am thinking Devin Green and Von Wafer to the chagrine of fellow LGers here.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, they only re-sign Chris Mihm if they don't get saddled with Collins, due to luxury tax considerations.

But then, I don't expect the Lakers to take back Collins.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

They can immediately waive Mihm, Shammond, and Mckie as part of the deal. Then they must waive one more player (as their roster is full right now), which could be any player on their team (likely with one year left on their roster).

Yes, from what emplay told me, they can do that and we can also sign Chris Mihm back once he clears waivers. However, the bigger questions is that the trade will put us 12 players, meaning we will have to pick up to of our own to make the league minimum roster number.

Therefore, if this trade does go down as a 6-2, who do we pick up? I am thinking Devin Green and Von Wafer to the chagrine of fellow LGers here.

Dont we have to wait a little while though untill we can sign Mihm back?
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Lamar2Kobe wrote:

Dont we have to wait a little while though untill we can sign Mihm back?
30 days is what I believe someone said in the past.

---George Carlin
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:

I just hope you guys who are so into the Kidd thing, realize that there is about a 5% chance a trade that big will happen and that most likely we go with what we have right now.

So please a week from now, don't do what what y'all did last season. Could we have one deadline where we actually accept that there ain't gonna be trade .. and just be shocked by one instead of the opposite?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I just hope you guys who are so into the Kidd thing, realize that there is about a 5% chance a trade that big will happen and that most likely we go with what we have right now.

So please a week from now, don't do what what y'all did last season. Could we have one deadline where we actually accept that there ain't gonna be trade .. and just be shocked by one instead of the opposite?

Can I get a hallelujah for this man?
JasonPR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

Things kinda slow on the Kidd front today...
I say.......say no to Collins...

Kwame, Farmar, Mihm, Mckie, Shamond, 2007 1st round pick and 2008 2nd round pick for Kidd and Moore

Kidd, Smush, Vujacic
Kobe, Evans, Penny
Walton, V.Rad
Odom, Cook, Turiaf
Bynum, Moore
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin (Ny, NY): Chad: Thanks for all your podcasts! Yesterday, you had Nets President Thorn on. He's saying no trade. ESPN is saying Kidd is likely to be moved. Hollinger says Kidd to LA makes financial sense. So what's your call, Kidd to LA? Chances?

Chad Ford: (12:05 PM ET ) If you listen carefully to what Thorn said, I thought he left a pretty big window open to trading both Kidd and Carter. Like everyone he's not "giving" them away, but I think he'd make a deal if he could get cap room, a young prospect or decent draft pick. The Nets, in my opinion, aren't going anywhere and this may be a rare window to reshuffle the deck and get something back in return. Lakers makes the most sense for Kidd ... Orlando the most sense for Carter.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting that, Cleva.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

NO TO COLLINS!!
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

TheQuestForSeventeen wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Can I get a hallelujah for this man?

hallelujah holla back...
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject:

I’m actually not opposed to getting Collins the player, but I know that the Lakers have serious concerns about his salary. As Larry and emplay have pointed out, Collins’ actual cost to the Lakers will be twice his salary due to the luxury tax. His $6 million salary effectively becomes $12 million, and that’s the reason why the Lakers want to avoid getting him. As a player, I have no doubt that he’d be of use to the team, but the question you have to ask yourself is this: is it worth it to pay $12 million for a big who won’t contribute as much as any of the bigs that are currently on the team. If the Lakers bite the bullet on Collins, then it won’t be such a bad thing. However, it’s completely understandable why the Lakers want to avoid that avenue.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

In a shameless effort to get the rumor mill moving once again on LG...

A poster from CL:

Quote:
nn4299 wrote:
From the same source that told me about the Pau Gasol/Bulls trade talks:

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this but I just wanted to share with you guys. Can't name which realtor or anything. AWESOME news:

Quote:
My brother just called me, the top realtor in his office picked up Jason Kidd from the airport last night and is going to show him homes in Manhattan Beach today and tomorrow. When the realtor asked him if he is planning on moving to LA, Kidd said “you’ll read about it in the papers in the next couple days”. The realtor went to Cal and knows him from their college days. He’s actually going to look at 2 homes, one for his soon to be ex-wife and kids and one for him nearby. My brother had to put together information regarding the local schools.

I don't buy it, but it's been a slow couple of days and I need my daily *insider report*
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

If it wasn't for the luxury tax implications, Collins would actually be a good addition. Collins is Kwame-Lite, in that he's a pretty good defender, and fairly strong. He just doesn't have Kwame's quickness or athleticism, or any upside. He's also a total liability on offense, which baffles me on why some posters felt he was an upgrade over Kwame.

The Lakers will need to find a serviceable big if this trade goes through, though I don't see Buss agreeing to assume Collins' contract.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe 4 Prez wrote:

A poster from CL:

Quote:
nn4299 wrote:

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this but I just wanted to share with you guys. Can't name which realtor or anything. AWESOME news:

Quote:
My brother just called me, the top realtor in his office picked up Jason Kidd from the airport last night and is going to show him homes in Manhattan Beach today and tomorrow. When the realtor asked him if he is planning on moving to LA, Kidd said “you’ll read about it in the papers in the next couple days”. The realtor went to Cal and knows him from their college days. He’s actually going to look at 2 homes, one for his soon to be ex-wife and kids and one for him nearby. My brother had to put together information regarding the local schools.

I don't buy it, but it's been a slow couple of days and I need my daily *insider report*

Sure... one big happy family. While Jason and Joumana smear one another in the newspaper, Jason is busy buying a house on her behalf so they can live nearby. Forget the custody fight, he already knows that he has lost. Forget the invention of the automobile, he needs a dwelling nearby Joumana to visit his kids. And of course, in the middle of this acrimonious battle, Joumana in turn agrees to live nearby, presumably with her share of the settlement money.

Pass the bong please.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Collins is underated. I remeber a SI story from 2 or 3 years ago talking about players that are under-valued and Collins was number 1 on the list.

The story mentioned his post-defense and ability to set great picks as his biggest strenghts. Sorry I dont have a link, the story was from a couple of years ago. They also mentioned the Nets +/- was great when he was on the floor.

Last edited by Michlake on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Kobe 4 Prez wrote:

A poster from CL:

Quote:
nn4299 wrote:

Quote:

Sure... one big happy family. While Jason and Joumana smear one another in the newspaper, Jason is busy buying a house on her behalf so they can live nearby. Forget the custody fight, he already knows that he has lost. Forget the invention of the automobile, he needs a dwelling nearby Joumana to visit his kids. And of course, in the middle of this acrimonious battle, Joumana in turn agrees to live nearby, presumably with her share of the settlement money.

Pass the bong please.

^

Who knows, he COULD be legit. I mean if a million people come and say they are insiders, one has to be legit. We have to be approaching about a million at this point...

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
^ yea Collins is underated. I remeber a SI story from 2 or 3 years ago talking about players that are under-valued and Collins was number 1 on the list.

The story mentioned his post-defense and ability to set great picks as his biggest strenghts. Sorry I dont have a link, the story was from a couple of years ago. They also mentioned the Nets +/- was great when he was on the floor.

Collins sets a mean pick, unlike Kwame. Of course he'll get (deservedly) whistled for moving picks, it's worth it when you consider the amount of separation he'll create.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe 4 Prez wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Kobe 4 Prez wrote:

A poster from CL:

Quote:
nn4299 wrote:

Quote:

Pass the bong please.

^

Who knows, he COULD be legit. I mean if a million people come and say they are insiders, one has to be legit. We have to be approaching about a million at this point...

you guys should read little further into that thread at CL. Apparently this guy making the buying the house calims he has given emplay his source as he was talking about gasol to the bulls before it was being talked about publicly. Emplay could not vouch for the house claims but does give him a bit of credit on the gasol rumors.. take it fore what its worth, but dont be so quick to call his info fake.

Quote:
emplay wrote
no i'm no disputing him - i don't know if it's true - so far he's been pretty solid - but I can't judge his realtor thing.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/mitchs-recap-from-radio-this-morning-pg-68-t67988,start,2160.html
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:

^^ I did read that actually, but I was unsure if I wanted to say, "Emplay vouched for him!" and set LG on fire, I should have posted what he did say though and left it up for interpretation.

Hey like I said, he COULD be legit, I mean sooner or later, one of these guys has to hit. I was half kidding with that statement, but you never know.

I think if you add together all the info out there, connect the dots, do a little 2 + 2, add in a little common sense, minus the fluff, there may be a good shot of it happening.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
Kobe 4 Prez wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Kobe 4 Prez wrote:

A poster from CL:

Quote:
nn4299 wrote:

Quote:

Pass the bong please.

^

you guys should read little further into that thread at CL. Apparently this guy making the buying the house calims he has given emplay his source as he was talking about gasol to the bulls before it was being talked about publicly. Emplay could not vouch for the house claims but does give him a bit of credit on the gasol rumors.. take it fore what its worth, but dont be so quick to call his info fake.

Quote:
emplay wrote
no i'm no disputing him - i don't know if it's true - so far he's been pretty solid - but I can't judge his realtor thing.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/mitchs-recap-from-radio-this-morning-pg-68-t67988,start,2160.html

Sorry, but I don't buy it:

a) Bulls are the most obvious team in the league that needs an inside scoring big, and has the talent to readily land them an All Star. You could have asked almost any fan to guess that one, once Gasol leaked to a Spanish newspaper his desire to be traded.

b) The "connection" is ... what? A brother realtor who knows about Gasol and drives Kidd from the airport? Even a ballboy is less tenuous, and more likely to over hear something due to his work proximity.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Gee wouldn't it be more fun to publicly rip our hair out, 3 strands at a time while everyone chants in unison: Mitch is a loser, Mitch is a loser!
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Kobe 4 Prez wrote:
^^ I did read that actually, but I was unsure if I wanted to say, "Emplay vouched for him!" and set LG on fire, I should have posted what he did say though and left it up for interpretation.

Hey like I said, he COULD be legit, I mean sooner or later, one of these guys has to hit. I was half kidding with that statement, but you never know.

I think if you add together all the info out there, connect the dots, do a little 2 + 2, add in a little common sense, minus the fluff, there may be a good shot of it happening.

i dont have an opinion either way. he may be telling the truth and he maynot be.. not my place to determine that. time will do that. my point was dont be so quick to flame someone or discredit them. you never know id insiders, reporters, journalist etc, post under different names so they dont get crushed for leaking info.. anyway its all good bro.. i get a little bitter at all the recent negativity and flaming on this board. nothing personal bro!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 41 of 47
Jump to: