I think that was one of the last games for Lamar Odom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: I think that was one of the last games for Lamar Odom

Great quote from Lakers vs Knicks game chat:

Thugnomoe wrote:
bleep is right...

maybe phil was doing that to prove a point to laker management. He can't win with these guys...

BINGO!!!

I believe we have seen one of the last games with Lamar Odom as a Laker. If you watch how Phil leaves the bench at the end of the game, it was as if he's had enough with him.

No doubt there was plenty of blame to go around tonight, but the Lakers need to move away from the LO/Kobe experiment. With two starters out and the Lakers hurting for players to step up, what the excuse for Odom to be scoreless at the half? He is unrealible, and plain scary at the end of games. The triangle offense is maybe not best for him, and it's time to go.

LAKERS NEED TO MAKE A MOVE NOW!!!

Go Lakers
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Gasol??
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Im about ready to package Odumb & Smush for a package of lettuce from Taco Bell
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

All doubt has been removed that LO will NEVER be a main cog in a championship team. LO is just a =good= role player. Nothing more & nothing less. Historically he's been way too inconsistent to be a great player.

LO will go down as one of the better role players.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

YES, id throw in RAD and odom and whoever they want for gasol besides kobe and bynum
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Just think, our starting lineup consist of Smush, Odom, Vlad, that's got to be three of the dumbest players around the league. Then you throw in a 19 year old with no college experience, and the result speaks for itself.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Grizzlies are not gonna take Odom. He has too large of a contract. If Grizzlies are gonna trade Gasol, their gonna want draft picks and cheap young talent. The Bulls offered a combination Ben Gordon/ Deng/ and picks all which are better for them than Odom would be.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, I think it's just wishful thinking on your part. I'm barely holding out hope that LO is going to turn it on sometime, but it's fading fast.

At this point if we can get a legit two-option for LO, I'd pull the deal. But we know from their recent history with scrubs and the like that they are very patient with players, so he may not yet be dealt. Besides, emplay says LO is not on the table.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Just think, our starting lineup consist of Smush, Odom, Vlad, that's got to be three of the dumbest players around the league. Then you throw in a 19 year old with no college experience, and the result speaks for itself.

^^ Farmar

loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:

It's obvious ppl, if odom leave, so does BYNUM. Otherwise you're just trading odom for peanuts. Who would lamar odom right now the way he's playing?
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Grizzlies are not gonna take Odom. He has too large of a contract. If Grizzlies are gonna trade Gasol, their gonna want draft picks and cheap young talent. The Bulls offered a combination Ben Gordon/ Deng/ and picks all which are better for them than Odom would be.

unfortunately, I think you're right. But if we could get Gasol, for say Odom, Cook and a couple second rounders, I'd do that in a heartbeat!
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

There are players out there we have heard about like Gasol, Kidd, the young Bulls, and some others. I'm sure there are many we have not heard about that are available, the Lakers need to make calls and find teams looking to make changes-thier out there. Many Gm's probably would love Odom figuring his struggles are due to our offense, and that's fine. We need to take advantage and move him on somewhere.

I would take a chance with an injured Carlos Boozer (which we should have done last year), or a Zach Randolph, or maybe a Rashard Lewis/Chris Wilcox combo? We need to do something, not out of desperation but because the team is not that good.

Go Lakers
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Lamar had Q-Rich on him for crying out loud.

The Lakers are trying to build the old Bulls with players that wouldn't even be a poor mans anything of the Bulls.

Get some real talent.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:

If I had the time, I'd go search how many threads and comments were posted in identical fashion last year about Jackson and his reasoning.

Last year Lakers went into the ASB at .500 (26-26). Their last game was a frustrating loss to the Hawks, if anyone cares to remember.

I was reading all the same stuff. Jackson's trying to show Buss that he can't win with this team.

What happenned? Was there even a small trade?

The Lakers are less desperate than they were last season at this point in time and look like they have better talent on the team that is up and coming considering 2 of their players are going to the rookie/sophmore game.

If they make a deal it will only be because they think it elevates them alot right now. The chances of any deal are slim anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If I had the time, I'd go search how many threads and comments were posted in identical fashion last year about Jackson and his reasoning.

Last year Lakers went into the ASB at .500 (26-26). Their last game was a frustrating loss to the Hawks, if anyone cares to remember.

I was reading all the same stuff. Jackson's trying to show Buss that he can't win with this team.

The Lakers are less desperate than they were last season at this point in time and look like they have better talent on the team that is up and coming considering 2 of their players are going to the rookie/sophmore game.

If they make a deal it will only be because they think it elevates them alot right now. The chances of any deal are slim anyway.

I think the fact that the Lakers had a really good home stretch after ASB last season gave them more hope. Afterall the main goal of last season was just to make the playoffs.

I think our goal this year is different. I dont think were gonna just settle for making the playoffs again. I personally hope tihs losing streak convinces the front office we need more help.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I believe Phil showed great patience last year and we had an entertaining playoff run. I believe his patience is running thin, even though we are ahead of last years pace. He knows and see the ceiling with this team and doesn't want to see medicore play and performance out of them. I think he expected growth from players like LO, Smush, and Kwame which are not happening. I believe Kobe is working harder this year (turnovers going up) because he is having to facilitate, score, and do more than ever.

We are paying coach Jackson too much, and Kobe's tank is running low to play this conservative, wait for the future basketball. If there are ways to improve (which are out there) and we have to give up out talen (which is not all that talented) lets do it.

Go Lakers
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:

That would be a steal for mitch.
zephyrus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't, Second half last year he caught fire. Think the coaching staff/FO are looking for him to get a repeat performance. After that...then it might be considered it if LO continues to Labor.

Winning expectations are not easy to live up to if [Lamar] doesn't see the prosperity in being one in a successful organization.
He's probably still has Lakers behind him with support, even if he's walking toward a ledge.

suckycrapkins wrote:

Don't know why I found that funny, heh heh.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
So they're worse than E-Coli?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

they're not into making changes mid-season...it's very clear that the team hit a wall once the 2nd leader (Walton) went out and the Odom went back to play...Kobe can't carry it all, he needs an assistant, like many of us have secretaries in our offices...0 at the half, and an airball to end. Goodneess. I sure hope they pickup anyone with balls...

Walton better come back ASAP (bad news is, his ankle was re-evaluated to be severe), that way Odom my wake up from this thinking slump.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:

They're not getting Kidd, Gasol or anyone else. The R.Lewis trade is a fun one to consider as Lewis would bring us a true #2 option and Watson a descent PG but nevermind that.

THe problem here is that Laker mamagement thinks they are on the right track, they think we are OK because we have injuries and still a descent record of 30-22. The problem also lies in the fact that they think Odom is much more than he really is and I think thats our MAJOR #1 problem here. Not Smush, not Cook not the Center position its ODOM. Because when your #2 guy is so inconsistant and mediocre the rest really doesn't matter. At this point I wish we had kept Butler and added a Boozer or even Kwame and a 2nd player for Odom

Bynum
Boozer
Caron
Kobe
Daniels(??)

That team looks much better than our team today especially with the emergense of Caron and Boozers stellar play in Utah this year.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Phil wanted one. And you know this.

Quote:
The Lakers are less desperate than they were last season at this point in time

How is a team that has regressed in offensive and defensive execution less desperate. Last year it was that they didn't get the offense. This year it is the injuries. And there goes Houston and Utah, rolling along, with their best bigs out, not making excuses.

Quote:
and look like they have better talent on the team that is up and coming considering 2 of their players are going to the rookie/sophmore game.

The rookie/sophmore game means what exactly? Talented young players go to the all-star game, not to some marketing scheme Stern drew up to try and fluff up his ratings for his utterly boring all-star weekend.

Quote:
If they make a deal it will only be because they think it elevates them alot right now.

Uh, yeah, that is the idea.

Quote:
The chances of any deal are slim anyway.

So says the ostrich....

What's the story going to be after they get bounced in the 1st round again?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Phil wanted one. And you know this

I know that, so that means he purposely tries to lose?

Quote:
How is a team that has regressed in offensive and defensive execution less desperate. Last year it was that they didn't get the offense. This year it is the injuries. And there goes Houston and Utah, rolling along, with their best bigs out, not making excuses.

Utah and Houston are made up differently and their system is different. The Triangle is more complicated and there are other factors in play here that aren't with those teams.

Quote:
The rookie/sophmore game means what exactly? Talented young players go to the all-star game, not to some marketing scheme Stern drew up to try and fluff up his ratings for his utterly boring all-star weekend.

Reaching ... keep it up. So you're saying that the first time since Kobe we have players going to this game isn't a positive? Isn't something that the Lakers should be happy about.

You're right. The SKY IS FALLING !!! Chicken Little would be proud .. the SKY IS FALLING FOLKS

How dare Bynum and Farmar make a team like that ! It's just a marketing ploy and they suck ! Trade em !
Quote:

What's the story going to be after they get bounced in the 1st round again?

You know the future? Can you tell me the lotto numbers for tomorrow, RG?

You made the same song and dance last season about how we're going lottery if we don't trade Odom for Artest.

Lets see how this team closes out the season. There's still 29 games left plus the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ningtong88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
They're not getting Kidd, Gasol or anyone else. The R.Lewis trade is a fun one to consider as Lewis would bring us a true #2 option and Watson a descent PG but nevermind that.

THe problem here is that Laker mamagement thinks they are on the right track, they think we are OK because we have injuries and still a descent record of 30-22. The problem also lies in the fact that they think Odom is much more than he really is and I think thats our MAJOR #1 problem here. Not Smush, not Cook not the Center position its ODOM. Because when your #2 guy is so inconsistant and mediocre the rest really doesn't matter. At this point I wish we had kept Butler and added a Boozer or even Kwame and a 2nd player for Odom

look at the rockets, they are winning with a bunch of old bags and the t-back...
if we are at 30-22 without kobe, than OK, we are on the right pace, but look what we had been missing, odumb, stonehand and luke
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

Bynum
Boozer
Caron
Kobe
Daniels(??)

That team looks much better than our team today especially with the emergense of Caron and Boozers stellar play in Utah this year.

You nailed it on the head. The problem is with Kupcake and his decisions.

This team has his finger prints all over it. These are his moves and decisions. The only possible move that he didn't make is the drafting of Bynum. It is my understanding that he wanted either May or Granger.

But at the end of the day, he wanted Odom. We got Odom. We are sixth seed and on the verge of falling to the seventh seed.

Good job Mitch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: